Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smallville - Season 10 [US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,120 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Source EW
    DC Comics character Cat Grant is to join the cast of Smallville for the show's tenth and final season.
    Entertainment Weekly reports that the role will join the show as Clark Kent's new partner at the Daily Planet.
    Catherine 'Cat' Grant was first introduced to Superman comics in 1987 as a gossip columnist working alongside Clark and Lois Lane. She was originally a potential love interest for Superman.
    The character was previously portrayed by actress Tracy Scoggins on '90s Superman series Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman.
    Producers are currently searching for a new actress to play the role on Smallville.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,067 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It was confirmed that Darkseid will be in season 10 as well, though in a different form then he usually is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

Thats what they said about Doomsday.Still no sign of Michael Rosenbaum coming back but shots of his clone from season 8 are in the trailer for Season 10 at Comic Con. Also it doesnt look like Batman or Wonder woman will turn up either. Guess you would have to be seriously into your comics to appreciate the little known DC characters that will be showing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Absolute Justice starts next week on E4.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

TonyD79 wrote: »
    Thats what they said about Doomsday.Still no sign of Michael Rosenbaum coming back but shots of his clone from season 8 are in the trailer for Season 10 at Comic Con. Also it doesnt look like Batman or Wonder woman will turn up either. Guess you would have to be seriously into your comics to appreciate the little known DC characters that will be showing up.

Thank god for comic book nerds or i'd be lost, tons of geeks seems to know everything about comic books from reading the Films board, i've no clue.

• Advertisement

Thank god for comic book nerds or i'd be lost, tons of geeks seems to know everything about comic books from reading the Films board, i've no clue.

Yeah have to agree, I have learned allot about Graphic Novels. My inner Nerd. But they are good stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭santana75

Holy crap I cant beliee smallville is still going!! Turned on the box the other night and there it was(brand new in top corner of screen to let me know it wasnt a repeat). I watched this show a few years back but I had to stop because I couldnt bear the bad acting, the cliches, the dodgy plot resolutions, how contrived the whole thing was and the unbelieveably bad dialogue/interplay between the leads. How does crap like this survive for that long? There was a show called millenium on a few years ago which was infintely superior to smallville but yet only lasted 2 or 3 seasons.................*shakes head in disbelief*

santana75 wrote: »
    Holy crap I cant beliee smallville is still going!! Turned on the box the other night and there it was(brand new in top corner of screen to let me know it wasnt a repeat). I watched this show a few years back but I had to stop because I couldnt bear the bad acting, the cliches, the dodgy plot resolutions, how contrived the whole thing was and the unbelieveably bad dialogue/interplay between the leads. How does crap like this survive for that long? There was a show called millenium on a few years ago which was infintely superior to smallville but yet only lasted 2 or 3 seasons.................*shakes head in disbelief*

I don't think you could compare Millennium with smallville (even if Smallville was a one stage trying to be the Teen version of X-files). Millennium has given allot to TV, CSI rips off its flashback style investigation while Lost robs is mysterious background plots.

Smallville is just about watchable, one of the better WB shows (but that isn't saying much). Also Brand New on E4 isn't all that Brand New.

CW head honcho is saying about a Smallville/DC spinoff series.....

* With Smallville entering its final season, Ostroff said The CW is talking about adapting another DC Comics property for the small screen. That noise you hear is Wonder Woman firing up her invisible jet.

^ i don't want WW...i want Justice League!, i mean ffs..an invisible jet!!, the 70's WW was cheesy at it's best, you just can't update or remake a show like that!....Bionic Woman proved this!

CW head honcho is saying about a Smallville/DC spinoff series.....

* With Smallville entering its final season, Ostroff said The CW is talking about adapting another DC Comics property for the small screen. That noise you hear is Wonder Woman firing up her invisible jet.

^ i don't want WW...i want Justice League!, i mean ffs..an invisible jet!!, the 70's WW was cheesy at it's best, you just can't update or remake a show like that!....Bionic Woman proved this!

Wonder Woman will always have problems even if she is part of the Justice League. Also for it to be a spin off of Smallville it would have to come from at least one of the current characters of the series????

• Advertisement

Keri Lynn Pratt will be playing Cat Grant in the 10th season of Smallville

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Keri Lynn Pratt will be playing Cat Grant in the 10th season of Smallville

Emilie Ullerup who played the character last year is much hotter and Danish!!:)
    Maybe she couldnt take the role...

Second ep of Absolute Justice tonight at 9 on E4.

Lads, there's supposed to be a promo out with Chloe holding Dr. Fate's helmet...anyone link to it?

http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/49848245.html

Lois Lane's family is making a return visit to Smallville!

General Sam Lane (Michael Ironside) and Lucy Lane (Peyton List), the father and wild-child sister of Lois (Erica Durance), are set to return to in a late-October episode, TVGuide.com has learned exclusively.

9 Super spoilers from Smallville's day at Comic-Con

General Lane and Lucy were last seen in separate episodes during Season 4. The General, however, has been mentioned numerous times, including last season when Lois called to discuss her wedding to Clark (Tom Welling) while under a persuasive spell.
    Details on the duo's arrival are sparse, but we hope the General's return has something to do with Lex Luthor, who became the General's boss in the comic books.

Will Michael Rosenbaum return to Smallville?

The kitchen sink?? Need Batman/ Bruce Wayne and Wonder Women cameos to hold true to that statement!!

Lionel Luthor returns....think everyone is gonna come back this season: http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/08/20/smallville-john-glover-lionel-luther/

TonyD79 wrote: »

As I found out you don't need the full embedding script from You Tube just the "V" number. But sometimes the full embedding works.

Bye Chloe! http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s85/smallville/news/a266757/allison-mack-explains-smallville-exit.html ....i've always liked you since your early outing on the much too short (and sadly cancelled) Fox show "Opposite Sex".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

I've said for the past few seasons that I have kept watching because I have come so far and might as well see how it ends. However one of the reasons I have been able to stand the patheticness (don't think that's actually a word) of the last few seasons is the character of Chloe.

Always liked her from the start,was probably the only really good actor in the show alongside the guy who played Lex. Her character actually got rather good as the years went on compared to how all the other characters got worse.

So now she won't be in the show except for 5 episodes. Should I bother watching this season? I probably will,but now it will be worse than I had expected since the best actor and probably the best character in the show has now left.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

In relation to Darksied not being in his usual form??

What does that mean?? Dont tell me theyre gonna have a spirit posess a human host or "vessell"

I love this show but there is only one way to portray darksied!!! Big bad and ugly!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

I would like to see Lois's dad as the vessell for Darkseid, possible reason for him being on Earth would be if the vision Lex seen of his destiny from Casandra in season 1 where he is able to destroy the sunflowers at will means Lex has assumed control of the Anti-Life Equation and Darkseid is there to take it for himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Hard to believe the Season 10 premiere is just a few days away. Seems no time ago since we seen the Season 9 finale.

LOIS LANE TO PLAY LOIS LANE's mom!

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/09/22/smallville-teri-hatcher-lois-mom/

Fantastic news, a great nod to the great (season 1) Lois and Clarke, all we need now is Dean Caine! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Fantastic news, a great nod to the great (season 1) Lois and Clarke, all we need now is Dean Caine! :-)

Dean Cain was already in Smallville.

This should bring in extra viewers especially for fans of Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman

The original Lois Lane from the 1950s series played Lois Lanes mother in Lois and Clarke on their wedding day. Can't find ref but fairly sure it happened. No sorry I am wrong it was Beverly Garland, I was sure they got another Lois to play her mother. :(

Wiki
    Noel Neill has continued to appear in Superman related productions. She played Lois Lane's mother in a cameo for the 1978 film Superman, with Kirk Alyn as Lois' father. In an episode of the TV series Superboy she appeared alongside her former cast-mate Jack Larson, who had played Jimmy Olsen on TV. Her personal appearance at the Metropolis, Illinois, Superman Festival was featured on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. As "Aunt Lois" she has a guest appearance in the independent superhero film Surge of Power: The Stuff of Heroes, and she plays the role of Gertrude Vanderworth (the dying elderly wife of Lex Luthor) in Superman Returns (2006).

• Advertisement

However, she refused to confirm if the final shot of the series will see Clark (Tom Welling) wearing the famous Superman costume.

"Everyone expects it to be Clark in the costume," she teased. "I will say that we know the final shot!"

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s85/smallville/news/a278392/smallville-exec-has-wishlist.html

It would be a perfect sendoff if they were given permission to use the Superman custume and music, it would be THE final shot to end all shots!

Advertisement