Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smallville - Season 10 [US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

Schneider has appeared in a couple of forms since his characters death soits no big deal he will be back for an appearance. They ruined the character lana Lang by giving her powers..so theres no point in her character coming back for a story line other than some cameo appearance. Lex has to come back or it will be a write off.

If its the last season I dont see why DC cant get their finger out and allow Batman/Bruce Wayne & Wonder Women make a cameo. It would boost ratings and if they did a double episode like they did with the Justice Society of America last season they could milk a DVD out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

TonyD79 wrote: »
    Schneider has appeared in a couple of forms since his characters death soits no big deal he will be back for an appearance. They ruined the character lana Lang by giving her powers..so theres no point in her character coming back for a story line other than some cameo appearance. Lex has to come back or it will be a write off.

If its the last season I dont see why DC cant get their finger out and allow Batman/Bruce Wayne & Wonder Women make a cameo. It would boost ratings and if they did a double episode like they did with the Justice Society of America last season they could milk a DVD out of it.

It would be nice to see an expensive spin off Justice League miniseries produced for HBO.

Do they not have to finish the Lana Lang story from before, it makes some sense to see her return. But will Token return to the series?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,067 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Isn't it a little early for a season 10 thread? Ahh whatever.
    Elmo wrote: »
    It would be nice to see an expensive spin off Justice League miniseries produced for HBO.
    Never gonna happen. HBO only make good shows :P
    Do they not have to finish the Lana Lang story from before, it makes some sense to see her return. But will Token return to the series?
    If Lana comes back into it, i'm gonna stop watching it....actually who am i kidding. If the horrible plot, script and acting hasnt stopped me watching it over the last 9 years, nothing will.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I am surprised this got renewed for a 10th season tbh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Every year I say "I'm gonna have to stop watching this muck" and every year I get suckered back to it by the finale.

Her story was crap and she left not being able to be anywhere near Clark as she was infected with kryptonite so it wasnt really left open.

They had plans for a Justice League movie before the writers strike and if Marvels Avengers film does well next year I can see them making it

I'd prefer a tv version of JLA....The CW should commision it, Michael Shanks would be rather good. Deffo wanna see more of Dr. Fate....his costume was ace

Lois: "nice helmet"
    Dr. Fate: "thank you"

I'd prefer a tv version of JLA....The CW should commision it, Michael Shanks would be rather good. Deffo wanna see more of Dr. Fate....his costume was ace

Lois: "nice helmet"
    Dr. Fate: "thank you"

They were characters from the Justice Society of America. Would rather a film version of JLA one that wouldnt be held back over budget restrictions like Smallville is.

TonyD79 wrote: »
    They were characters from the Justice Society of America. Would rather a film version of JLA one that wouldnt be held back over budget restrictions like Smallville is.

That is why I am suggesting a Miniseries on HBO. Get the writers from Smallville, Batman Animated, Batman Begins, The Dark Night to bring an epic to the small screen.

Have Lex buying Wayne Enterprises while Gotham goes to the dogs as Batman goes missing leaving the City to Batgirl and Robin to patrol with Knightwing. The Star City Strangler (sorry thats from Smallville but something) returns, with Diane Prince being Seconded to the FBI from the Army to investigate. Lex preparing for Presidential Elections. You know something epic. (I know only a small bit of the DC universe). Oh! Clarke isn't in this series until the end.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

I just saw the finale at the weekend - amazing as always! Can't wait for Season 10, roll on. I love Smallville, even though tiz pretty cheesy. Love the fact that Lois FINALLY knows that Clark = the blur :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I am surprised this got renewed for a 10th season tbh

I'm surprised that it's been renewed for the last 5 seasons...It's been crap since then...only watch it out of boredom..
    every bloody movie cliche you can think of , Smallville had done it.
    As for the finale's..what's the point of having a good finale when the start of the next season's episode cops out and has everything all hunky and dory again..

Currently watching season 8. Far better than season 9. Lot more going on. The problem with Smallville is that it tries to end each episode. Nothing is really a cliffhanger, they have about 5 minuntes of typical US prime time soap opera after the bad guy has been found out.

It needs to have a series where the writters focus on one main plot, rather than having 22 mini plots each season. They have some good bad guys that could span the course of 4 episodes and others that could span the whole season. I know Doomsday, Zod and The Luthers do this. Doomsday took several episodes to become know to the characters and once he was they pretty much did away with his story.

I think there are too many distractions in the series that aren't worth it, they could cut allot out of the series.

Jesus, just had a thought (it happens every so often)...what if it does well in the ratings and they shoot for season 11??!

Jesus, just had a thought (it happens every so often)...what if it does well in the ratings and they shoot for season 11??!

I would say if it does well they will set up a spin off series.

Green Arrow?

The fillers are the killers! In season 1 - 3 they really didnt have that many as every episode involved a freak of the week along with the Luthor-Kent relationship. They could have easily knocked off 9/10 episodes from the last 2 seasons. The writers have a lot to anwser for as they have soo much source material.

Green Arrow?

Lets hope not.

Laura Vandervoort will be back as Clark’s cuz Kara

• Advertisement

Supergirl as the spin off series!

You're not allowed to say her name without posting a pic of here. Jeez, dont you know anything :p

laura_vandervoort_big.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

link for this? she is in V so how will she juggle both shows?

tvnutz wrote: »

I give V 5 more episodes

One episode..hardly something to get exciting about. Both shows are filmed in Vancouver so shouldnt be a problem if they got her for more.

Plus, its not like she needs to do any real acting for Smallville.

It's VanderHOT!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,977 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

tvnutz wrote: »

I bet she's good at juggling.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    Plus, its not like she needs to do any real acting for Smallville.

She dosen't need to act, period!...just turn up and look all hot! :D

Advertisement