Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Girl [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I wish they'd either committed to the Taft storyline or the Bo's dad thing. Instead, because it was tied to Tamsin, we had a whole bunch of build up over the Valkyrie/Bo's dad stuff, and then no resolution; while at the same time, the Taft storyline came from left field at the last minute, and was pretty much the only thing wrapped up this year.

Which is another thing that bugged me about this ep - basically, Bo had no role in it. She bro'd around with Tamsin for a bit, and that was it. Meanwhile, Kenzi was off dealing with The Morrigan, Hale was rescuing Trick, Lauren was thwarting Taft, and Dyson was catching him. I mean, Bo was basically just a spectator. It was weird. Silk's performance in Caged Fae was absolutely stellar, the best turn she's done on the show, but as S3's gone on, she's been basically sidelined from her own show.

And to be honest, the further Bo goes from her human elements, the less I are about her. The douchey superfriends squad doesn't interest me in and of itself, at all. It's how they intersect with human society and characters, and how Bo balances her superhuman nature with her fundamentally human decency that interests me, and I just think they've lost sight of that a bit.

It was a disappointing - and as I say, frustrating - way for the season give how brilliantly it started out. But yes, on the upside, it does put a lot of interesting stuff in place for S4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Speaking of Bo being sidelined I know Silk is currently pregnant so I'm not sure what kinda impact that will have on the season 4 storyline.

Silk's put the kibosh on the idea of a succubaby, which is a massive relief at least. It's my understanding that they're basically holding off on filming until she's back in action. And to be honest, Anna Silk strikes me as the kind of woman who could have quadruplets at the weekend and be at work on Monday with a six pack. Nature's just cruel that way.

I suspect she might spend an episode or two
    trapped in the card
    just to give her a bit of leeway all the same though. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Tasmin back for season 4 + Hale might be gone! http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/04/lost-girl-rachel-skarsten-tamsin.html

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Have to agree with everyone else here. Season 3 just felt unfinished, rushed almost.
    Even when it finished I was thinking ah sure there's still a few more episodes to go.

Bo - don't like what they did with her this season at all, starting to dislike her character and that is usually it for me with a series.
    Kenzie - still a fan, but was it me or was she a bit too whiney this time?
    Dyson - great as always, but a bit ott on the self-sacrifice, it was like here it is, now lets move on and have him occasionally throw moon eyes at the big bad.
    Lauren - pained is too light a word.
    Tamsin - still not buying her, but the words above about her source and the producer does make sense as she was not clicking with me at all.
    Trick - still like him - bit mean on Kenzie now and again, but part of his character, being the king can expect that type of outlook I guess...

Season 4 - not sure if I am keen on it, all depends on how much further they push Bo's character, that storyline started strong but by the end well, only repeating what others have said.

• Advertisement

Taltos wrote: »
    Have to agree with everyone else here. Season 3 just felt unfinished, rushed almost

Season 4 - not sure if I am keen on it, all depends on how much further they push Bo's character, that storyline started strong but by the end well, only repeating what others have said.

I get the impression they had a reverse of S2's situation, where they planned on 22 episodes, and then at the last moment got the shout that it was going to be 13. Because the pacing up until the halfway point was pretty okay, and then suddenly there was a weird motorway pileup of plotlines.

This really felt like a season halfway point rather than a finale, and with that in mind, I wonder if the weird emotional distancing of Bo from everybody else was an intentional contrivance that, with 22 episodes, they would already have started resolving by now. She does seem aware that she needs to get the old gang back together in the last episode, like, so I wonder if it's supposed to be building up to some lovely reunion when she re-emerges from Paper Mario Land.

All that would be fine if the show was coming back in three weeks time, rather than months away. Your finale episode is always some kind of statement, and the way a lot of the plotlines were left open - rather than real cliffhangers - suggests to me that they kind of lost sight of that.

One interesting thing that's emerged from Emily Andras' webchats and interviews is that a lot of the plotholes that emerge in retrospect this season- Bo not mentioning that Fake Kenzi could eat peanuts - were dealt with in original scripts and just wound up being cut from shooting for time and budget. Which is rather frustrating, I'd love to know what went missing from this episode.

The actors who play Vex and Aife have both confirmed they'll be back, although that's not a huge shock.

We can also expect a hell of a lot more Tamsin, and Tamsin's backstory apparently, the aforementioned exec producer has her whole arc planned out already and a "teenage" Tamsin has been cast. Rachel Skarsten seems to know more about the next season than either Zoie Palmer or Kris Holden Reid, which seems pretty telling - Anna Silk isn't even going to be on set for the first week.

I was a huge supporter of this show for the last few years, because the characters had real personality, but it sounds like they plan to carry on just plowing everybody else under in favour of SuperTamsin, and she's just so... generic, and predictable. So... I think me and Lost Girl might be parting company. The only reason I could hang on through some of the last half of S3 was the hope that we might get a break from her and get back to the "real" show, but it doesn't seem like it. It was fun while it lasted, but it's a shame. :(

Mia Kirshner, Ali Liebert, and George Takai will guest star in season 4. I may have spontaneously combusted with fangirl feels when I read Liebert's name.

Mia Kirshner, Ali Liebert, and George Takai will guest star in season 4. I may have spontaneously combusted with fangirl feels when I read Liebert's name.

DeWitt wrote: »

You'll know this one....the girl who played young Alex in Nikita [rather excellently] has been cast as young Tasmin in season 4 :)

http://lostgirljunkies.wordpress.com/2013/05/28/eliana-jones-cast-as-young-tamsin/

• Advertisement

The actors who play Vex and Aife have both confirmed they'll be back, although that's not a huge shock.

We can also expect a hell of a lot more Tamsin, and Tamsin's backstory apparently, the aforementioned exec producer has her whole arc planned out already and a "teenage" Tamsin has been cast. Rachel Skarsten seems to know more about the next season than either Zoie Palmer or Kris Holden Reid, which seems pretty telling - Anna Silk isn't even going to be on set for the first week.

I was a huge supporter of this show for the last few years, because the characters had real personality, but it sounds like they plan to carry on just plowing everybody else under in favour of SuperTamsin, and she's just so... generic, and predictable. So... I think me and Lost Girl might be parting company. The only reason I could hang on through some of the last half of S3 was the hope that we might get a break from her and get back to the "real" show, but it doesn't seem like it. It was fun while it lasted, but it's a shame. :(

Tasmin is very popular with the fans though Jill + i suspect Anna Silk0s role will be lessened for the first few episodes due to her newborn. If they focus on Vex, Dyson, Kenzi and Tasmin then it wont do much harm.

I dont think they are focusing on Tasmin out of adoration moreso nesscity.

Tasmin is very popular with the fans though Jill + i suspect Anna Silk0s role will be lessened for the first few episodes due to her newborn. If they focus on Vex, Dyson, Kenzi and Tasmin then it wont do much harm.

I dont think they are focusing on Tasmin out of adoration moreso nesscity.

Yeah but... I mean, that would have been a perfect opportunity to showcase Vex, who's just fabulous, The Morrigan, who was disappointingly AWOL this season, Dyson, who's had nothing to do since S1, or Lauren, who's backstory is all over the place by now, or Kenzi; easily the best actress on the show and criminally underused last year. We're already invested in those characters, but it's getting to the stage where we're going to know less about any of them than the Connor/Dawn character.

I know AS is going to have to take it easy for a while, I'm just disappointed that they seem to be committed to the idea of Tamsin as the new centre of gravity, because I came away from S3 feeling like they'd massively overbalanced into the cartoony zap pow fae side with her already. I don't think they can't really afford to do that stuff well enough to sacrifice the ensemble cast dynamic, and I don't think Skarsten has nearly enough charm to carry me past ropey fight scenes or nonsensical plotlines with the same kind of ease as Silk or Solo.

K.C. Collins/Hale confirmed on Twitter he'll be back for season 4.

Jill....have you checked out the fan fiction?....some crazy stuff! :P

http://www.fanfiction.net/tv/Lost-Girl/

did anyone watch the comic con panel, with dyson/lauren and kenzi plus jay and emily http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/07/lost-girl-comic-con-panel.html

So uh...

Promo one -

Promo two -

(Blimey btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

lol ... the promos very funny but seriously hope s4 is better than s3, quite disappointed with s3 compared to s1 & s2

I'm at a convention with Kris (Dyson) & Paul (Vex) right now. They're both ridiculously excited about the new season. Said it's the best one yet in terms of character and story. They're not giving us any spoilers though, except to say the premiere is mental and the costumes are awesome.

Well, thoughts?

- Vex and Kenzi stole the whole episode for me, but I really missed Bo & Tamsin.
    - I have been kinda shipping Kenzi & Dyson since season one, but oh so weird when they finally went there. Especially on Kris' side.
    - Vex in heels. Nuff said.
    - Loved George Takai, and he actually said "oh my". Creeptasic character, and the sound effects of him slithering. Ugh, shudder.
    - Mia Kirshner's nymph was fun too. I presume we'll be seeing more of her.
    - The Fae loan shark is pretty neat too....in an utterly disturbing kinda way.

Bo's awake! Really hope we actually get to meet the Dad. Can't remember, was there a casting announcement for that part?

You should also check out the preshow sit down with the cast that aired prior to the premiere. It's great. Those guys are beyond hysterical together.

• Advertisement

They are very funny together. It's nice to see them all out of character and just laughing it up, Anna Silk seems really sweet.

I thought it was solid, but a little... well, it didn't really feel as... something... as a season opener should.

I can't put my finger on it, I know that Bo was out of action, but something else about it just felt a little off. It would have been fine mid season or something, but as a "Welcome back to the show, sit down, shut up, and strap in!" statement, it didn't really grab me completely. I had kind of the same problem with last year's finale, it was fine as an episode, but as the bookend to a season, it just didn't sit quite right. So it's hard not to think of this as the second half of S3, rather than S4.

I'm not sure Kenzi is the kind of character who can carry a whole episode on her own, but I love seeing Ksenia Solo get a chance to shine again all the same. I think she's the undiscovered gem of the cast by a long shout, and I can't help guiltily hoping the Star Wars rumours are only that.

Solid episode though, and I did laugh at a lot of the fanbase in jokes. And it's interesting that all that stuff isn't reversed, people just remember everything on top of it, so Kenzi and Dyson really were together and that's going to be an awkward conversation when Bo gets back.

Thank God it was better than the last few eps of S3 though, Jaysus.

Have ye watched the webisodes?

Vex's outfit so sissy & Kenzi really hard on her dancing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭Aseth

Anyone knows what's the song in the ad for the new season?

Which ad? Have you got a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭Aseth

Yeah, well, that's my problem - I tried googling and I tried youtube and couldn't find it. It's the one for syfy, slow music with a woman singing.

Aseth wrote: »
    Yeah, well, that's my problem - I tried googling and I tried youtube and couldn't find it. It's the one for syfy, slow music with a woman singing.

If it's this -

- it's a cover of The Wanderer done by Emilie Mover just for the show. It should be available on iTunes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

^ Jill....have you checked out "Bitten" yet?....a new Canadian genre show.

I haven't yet. I read the book way back and have heard fairly uniformly horrible reviews, so I think I might let it run for a bit and let it find its feet before diving in.

exciting ep 10
    but whose hand ?

• Advertisement

The further we get into this season the more confused I am lol. Loving the addition of Kyle Schmid, and I see Linda Hamilton in the promo for next week.

Advertisement