Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Girl [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Pretty sure it was Hale. One sec, I'll go check.

Yep, it's Hale alright. Guess you weren't watching the HD version? :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

DeWitt wrote: »
    Yep, it's Hale alright. Guess you weren't watching the HD version? :P

I was, but i actually thought the quality of the HD didn't seem that great, so yer man was Hale? :o - LG was over like in November last year...i forgot things! :o

:) Fair enough. Well I only started watching in April(thanks to you & Whiteboy for the recommendation btw), don't think I'd survive a hiatus that long.

:) Fair enough. Well I only started watching in April(thanks to you & Whiteboy for the recommendation btw), don't think I'd survive a hiatus that long.

Did you like the scene where Bo hugged Dyson, then punched him? :D

• Advertisement

Yeah, that was fun. It'll be interesting to see what happens between those two. And I agree with you about the premiere needing more Kenzi.

Yeah, that was fun. It'll be interesting to see what happens between those two. And I agree with you about the premiere needing more Kenzi.

+ Kenzi to Bo...."cuff your muff" LOL!!!!!!!! :p

New ep. 2x02 tonight ...any new viewers of the show?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Nilbert

Hi there! I just created an account to reply to your post. I've been following yours and Dewitt post for the last two weeks and have enjoyed them very much! I started watching Lost Girl probably like a month ago and have been hooked ever since! I watched all of season 1 in one weekend and I love love this show! It's refreshing, has extremely likable characters and the writing is not half bad. I was very surprised. The show as a whole has so many possibilities which makes it exiting.

My thoughts of s02e02.... I wasn't a fan of the whole BO lovesick puppy act towards Dyson. It really put her down a notch in my book. I think her attitude was totally out of character. She's a succubus for crying out loud and a strong female lead. I'm not saying she can't be in love with the guy but they totally took it too far and it made Bo look extremely desperate.

I loved Hale. I always like that character, he's like the male version of Kenzi. I'm really happy we got to see more of him. I think they need to have more episodes showcasing more of the supporting cast background stories and not focus so much on Bo. Too much Bo gets annoying after awhile.

Those are my two cents...what are your thoughts?

Not a fan of livesick Bo AT ALL! Instead of freaking out about the new ash, all she could think about was Dyson.
    Thought on the new ash btw?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Does sort of fly in the face of what I liked about this show. Not a fan of the Dyson romance, the broody dudefriend has been done to death and I've no interest in seeing it again.

I think the new ash storyline has potential. It opens up the Lauren storyline which I am dying to find out about. Hopefully we will get more of an arc storyline where we get to learn all of the other characters and not just Bo background stories. They have a lot of time with this 22 episode season, hopefully there will be continuity and character growth because they just set back Bo like a 6 episodes with s02e02.

The Lauren storyline does have a lot of potential, I'm just a little worried that the writers might not know what her big secret is anymore than we do, and could end up working it up to be more than they can deliver.

And I kind of liked how the show treated her relationship with Bo last season, it was sweet and organic. Would be a shame if she just ended up being a rebound runner up prize at this stage. Anyway, remains to be seen. It seems to me that stuff like that is what set the show apart, I don't think you'd really have a chance for storyline like that to develop so naturally in many other shows of it's genre today.

Was really surprised at how much I liked this show. I can't work out whether it's the fact that it's Showcase or the fact that it's Canadian that lends it a bit more quirk than I expected. I think it would be a real shame if they went to town on trimming down the swearing and such.

The Lauren storyline does have a lot of potential, I'm just a little worried that the writers might not know what her big secret is anymore than we do, and could end up working it up to be more than they can deliver.

And I kind of liked how the show treated her relationship with Bo last season, it was sweet and organic. Would be a shame if she just ended up being a rebound runner up prize at this stage. Anyway, remains to be seen. It seems to me that stuff like that is what set the show apart, I don't think you'd really have a chance for storyline like that to develop so naturally in many other shows of it's genre today.

Was really surprised at how much I liked this show. I can't work out whether it's the fact that it's Showcase or the fact that it's Canadian that lends it a bit more quirk than I expected. I think it would be a real shame if they went to town on trimming down the swearing and such.
    Jill I couldn't agree more with the above! I think I'm setting up myself for disappointment with the expectations I have for this show! You are so right.... I think what is attractive about the Lauren/Bo relationship is how naturally it developed it seemed really genuine. And I can't help but feel for Laura... It's like you can see with every scene with Bo how in love she is with her knowing that any possible relationship puts her life at risk. I really hope Lauren rejects Bo if she comes around looking for leftovers.

I can't remember the last time I was this invested in a tv show! I too am afraid that the purchase of the series by Syfy will have negative affects on the direction of the series.

So..... what did you think of 02x03? I absolutely LOVED it!! It was all kinds of awesome!! I can watch it again and again! God, this show is so additive!

The whole Kenzi/Browny thing was utterly hysterical. Kesenia Solo is an amazing comical actress. I can't wait till this show is shown in the US. If it doesn't get edited and is shown as is it's going to takeoff like wildfire!

The Lauren/Bo scenes were perfection! Have I said how much I love Lauren's character? I'm so tired of reading how bland Lauren is and how she doesn't have any personality. If you ask me, she is the most realistic character of Lost Girl and has admirable qualities. She's smart, witty, loyal and resourceful just to name a few. Someone else said it best, Lauren lives in the pauses. Her expressions and body language are priceless, she says so much without as much as a word being spoke. And I do think this is what attracts other people to this character. It says a lot that a character that hardly has any screen time is this popular among fans of the show.

My theory on Lauren's big secret? I think she's half Fae. I think that her secret has something to do with her family. One of her parents is a Fae and thus she has no Fae powers because as they have mentioned previously both of your parents have to be Fae for you to posses any Fae abilities. I think she is paying a debt of some sort on behalf of her family. Just a theory but I think that her interest in the Fae world is not strictly scientific.

What are your thoughts on 02X03? What do you think Lauren's secret is?

Loved 2x03, it was the best ep yet (in season 2).
    Kenzi, once again absolutely hysterical. The "break up" with browny almost had me peeing myself. This is what the show was missing! Kenzi brings the fun big time.
    I'm actually starting to like the new Ash. The possibilities with him are endless. He's gonna be the character I love to hate XD

I'm so torn between team Lauren & team Dyson, but my Doccubus heart exploded a bit when Bo jumped to Lauren's defense, "Lauren is no one's property" D'Awww!

The fae of the week characters kind of bored me, but I liked that it allowed us to see more into Bo's psyche. But the highlight of the whole episode has to be Kenzi & browny. Hands down!

Have no clue what Lauren's secret could be, but it sure is fun to speculate. It's def gonna be something bad, and I can't wait to find out.

^ not seen it yet....NOT READNG ABOVE!

You're in for a treat. It's a good one.

:p yay!...that was like the old lost Girl, cracking dialogue!...funny as hell, Kenzi was on fire!, pretty decent story as well. OMG! @ the hot hot HOT Bo/Dyson dream sequence!! :P , then he goes all Goldilocks and rips out her heart! :eek:

Interesting stuff with the new Ash, i much prefered the actors performance in this ep., he had a certain gravitas here, quite menacing with a hint of wtf is he about?

Think he's an Irish actor as well, that was the best ep. of the second season thus far, tis ALL about the script....you can see LG has got a big bump in budget, it looks alot better from effects to sets and extras.

Clearly SyFy has injected cash with it's co-production deal with Shaw Media/Showcase....roll on ep. 4 tonight!

4/5

Woo!...excellent 4th episode, brilliant zingers yet again from Kenzi, lol...she put the hex on Dyson, Bo is still a lovesick puppy, twas very Bo/Kenzi heavy episode. Nice seeing Kenzi using her off camera language. Very enjoyable stuff all round....it's certainly improved alot script wise in the last two eps.

Got a bit of background on Kenzi as well, why aren't more Boardsies checking this show out????

• Advertisement

The whole Bo/Dyson angle is feeling increasingly forced, and I really dislike the character the writers have to turn Bo into to try and make it work. I like the actor and I like the character generally, but I find it really hard to get excited about an episode I know is going to focus on him for those reasons.

More than that, I'm kind of bemused that the writers keep building up some dramatic twist in Lauren's story and then wasting any of that momentum by abruptly shunting her out of the picture completely for the following couple of episodes. Would the Bo we're supposed to know really waste time moping around a pub when her friend/Scooby Ganger/lover is, right at that moment, being held against her will in circumstances unknown by a douchebag with distinctly shady intentions?

That's my big problem with this show. Really inconsistent characterisation from one episode to the next.

^ tbf....Trick did say that Lauren was being treated well by the new Ash, and Bo did called Irish Ash a bastard, she gives him hell as much as she can, plus....she's agreed to do freelance work so she'll be able to keep a closer eye on Lauren.

Fair enough. But I can't help feeling that if, say, a one-off guest star had been put in a similar situation, we would have seen Bo go all out and come to their rescue before the episode was out. Seems like a very clumsy padding manoeuvre on the part of the writers, to just put off dealing with that for a couple of weeks while we learn about Dyson's regrettable hairstyle choices of centuries past, and I can't help idly wonder if the longer season is going to have more examples like it.

I don't mean to overthink it though, I mean I like this show a lot as a fun, campy confection to hide on my DVR until my flatmate's not around - I just think it's a shame that it keeps conceding unnecessary points like that. Every now and then, it feels like there's something really unique trying to assert itself, if only the writing staff had just that little bit more confidence in its identity or a bit more ambition for the characters and storylines they've already established.

The cast is consistently the best thing about the show, and it's frustrating that they so often seem wasted on characters that feel somehow less developed as the series progresses.

New ep. tonight but no new ep. next Sunday: http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/09/lost-girl-no-new-episodes-on-october.html

[edit] - hiatus expanded to two weeks, no new ep. until October 23rd. http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/10/lost-girl-on-hiatus-till-october-23.html

Aaron Ashmore joins LG for multi episode arc: http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/10/lost-girl-aaron-ashmore-joins-cast.html

Weird. The show's got enough bloody characters, please just do something with them. Synopsis for the next one does show a bit of promise in that regard though -

"The Morrigan enlists Bo's help to find a tortured graffiti artist under her employ. The young painter has killed a Dark Fae, and his urban murals are exposing Fae secrets all over town – with The Morrigan on the hook for his actions. In exchange for her help with the case, The Morrigan offers Bo information on breaking The Ash's hold on Lauren."

Season 1 of Lost Girl starts Monday January 16th @ 10pm on SyFy...after S2 of Being Human [US].....i expect lots of edits on the sex/swearing...grrrr!

In addition, SCENE fecked up and posted 2x06 but it was in fact 2x03, they botched things up and thought it was a new ep....ep. 6 dosen't air until October 23rd!

Last week it was SCENE who fecked up and put out 2x06...which was in reality 2x03, NUKED.....but this week?....twas the turn od Showcase themselves!!

They fecked up and instead of airing the real 2x06 they aired a repeat of 2x05...much to the annoyance of fans and the SCENE release folks, twice now things got botched up!

But thankfully on October 30th 2x06 will air, and no more breaks....read more here:

http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/10/lost-girl-there-will-be-no-more.html

http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/10/lost-girl-showcase-accidentally-aired.html

• Registered Users Posts: 85,061 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

For Kenzi a boyfriend for her perhaps

• Advertisement

Fresh episode tonight!!

Advertisement