Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Girl [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

The second half of S2 has been absolutely all over the place. Both Ryan, and to a much less forgiveable extent, Nadia, were complete wastes of time. I wish this show realised and made use of how good its central cast is.

2x20 was solid though, and it seems very much like they're planning for a 22 episode season far enough in advance to address most of those problems for S3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Your one playing Nadia ruins every scene she's in. Have yet to check out 2x20, but my God I was half tempted to fast forward through the entirety of 2x19 because of her. Worst character ever.

Yeah. To an extent where it's kind of embarrassing to see Lauren and the rest of the cast trying to take her seriously. I hated the way they resolved that plotline, but I'm awful glad they did.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Season 2 finale this Sunday!!!!....i'm almost caught up now!....took me ages but i'm nearly there. Watched upto 2x16. Two more and i'm all caught up :)

i guess the writers listened to what the fans speculated as in Trick being Bo
    's father, and decided to twist that....grandfather ;)

lol....we were all expecting the father reveal, nicely done writers...blood king is called Patrick, hmmm.

Ratings are still very good and holding strong, hoping for a rise for the finale :)

http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/03/canadian-ratings-march-18-to-25-missing.html

Michelle Lovretta out for season 3 :eek:

http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/03/lost-girl-emily-andras-is-showrunner.html

^ a sign The Secret Circle will get a second season?...or is she working on other projects :confused:

• Advertisement

Trick could never have been Bo's father, the timeline with Aife wouldn't have worked.

Overall, season 2 has been very messy. Lots of good stuff, but still, very messy. I have much higher hopes for S3. Anna Silk seems to reckon they've got a good chance of a full order and it that's the case, hopefully they'll have started planning it already.

Lost Girl ended its second season with a special, hour-long pre-show (214,000) followed by the season finale (323,000).

^ for me the finale was rather meh!, had little to note of a budget bump...i mean, usually finales pump in a bit of extra cash, but this show was just standard budget fare. Besides defating the Geruda pretty easily and a couple of Bo/Kenzi season 3 story strings not much to report.

Twas all a big let down tbh, seen every ep. now and i also think it's not as good as season 1, me thinks Sci-Fi's money has dumbed it down to PG, the swearing and sex scenes are gone, the whitty dialogue, the rather racy sexual puns etc.

Season ended on a bit of a bum note, but there's a new showrunner and they give the impression that they've been taking onboard a lot of the criticism, so I think season 3 could have a lot of potential. I wasn't a huge fan of s2 overall, but I actually do find myself missing it from my sunday nights.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/04/lost-girl-season-3-press-release.html
    Prodigy Pictures, in association with Shaw Media, announces start of principle photography on the third season of Lost Girl. Production will take place in studio and on location in Toronto.

After becoming a supernatural success in its first season, Lost Girl returned to Showcase with a stellar sophomore season heating up winter as the channel’s #1 ranking program.* Kicking it up a notch for season two, Lost Girl had its first-ever Pre-Show that aired before the phenomenal finale. Owning the #1 spot, the season two finale rated highest amongst all Specialty programming for the night winning all key demographics.**

Slated to premiere on Showcase this fall, season three promises more twists and turns for TV’s favourite succubus, “Bo” (Anna Silk: Being Erica, Billable Hours). This season sees Bo make a romantic choice, but finds the road to commitment riddled with obstacles. Throughout the season, unexpected jeopardy stalks Bo and those she cares about. Though Bo battles many foes, her greatest enemy will prove to be the one that resides within her.

Returning for season three is Kris Holden-Ried (Ben Hur, The Tudors, Underworld 4) as “Dyson”; Ksenia Solo (Life Unexpected; Black Swan) as “Kenzi”; Zoie Palmer (The Guard, Instant Star, XIII) as “Lauren”; Rick Howland (Billable Hours, Murdoch Mysteries) as “Trick” and K.C. Collins (Owning Mahowny, Doomstown) as “Hale”.

Joining the Lost Girl cast this season is (Rachel Skarsten: The Vow; Flashpoint; Birds of Prey) in a recurring role as “Tamsin”, a thrill-seeking, sexy new Fae who ruffles many feathers. Emmanuelle Vaugier (Two and a Half Men, Covert Affairs, Human Target) will reprise her role as “The Morrigan”, the leader of the Dark Fae.

“We’re really looking forward to delivering another electrifying season,” said Jay Firestone, Executive Producer. “Viewers will see a side of Bo that they haven’t seen before.”

Lost Girl was developed by Prodigy Pictures, in association with Shaw Media and Showcase. Executive Producers are Jay Firestone, Emily Andras, Plato Fountidakis, and Paul Rapovski. James Thorpe is Co-Executive Producer, Vanessa Piazza is Co-Producer and Wanda Chaffey is Producer.

It's worth following some of the cast on twitter if you want some idea of how S3 is shaping up, but at the very least follow Zoie Palmer (@zoiepalmer) because she's genuinely very, very funny even if you're not mad about the show. Her last stream of tweets about Allana Harkin's vagina nearly made me cry laughing.

• Advertisement

Season 3 star Winter/January 2013: http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/07/lost-girl-season-3-coming-back-winter.html

Michelle Lovretta will write at least two episodes.

Bit strange to bump it so far back like that, the earlier press stuff had it chalked in for a Fall premiere.

^WAY too many screaming fangirls :rolleyes:

High profile casting, Linda Hamilton for season 3! http://tvline.com/2012/07/18/linda-hamilton-lost-girl-season-3/

Linda Hamilton is a hell of a get. Bloody hell.

S3 will have lots of backstory on Dyson, Trick and Kenzi!

http://www.tvfanatic.com/2012/07/lost-girl-season-3-scoop-going-dark-fae/

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

They have moved from monday nights to friday nights over here and that is never a good sign for tv shows in the States

More Dyson backstory is not a prospect that fills me with excitement, considering both how dull a character it produced, and that we still know sod all about Bo. I can't believe they're going to waste another episode - of a short season no less - on his hoary old manpain problems. I'd much rather hear more about Hale or even Vex, but Dyson is a character the writers like much more than the audience and I wish they'd give up trying to make him happen as the Angel of the show.

Looking forward to more on Kenzi though.

• Advertisement

I hate ratings stuff normally, but I'm not going to lie, I'm quietly relieved about how well Lost Girl has been doing on SyFy.

I'd still prefer just about any network but SyFy, but at least the show's future looks reasonably secure. S2 was verrrrrrrrrry problematic, but I still think it's got a lot of potential, and I hope it gets the time to make the best of it.

I hate ratings stuff normally, but I'm not going to lie, I'm quietly relieved about how well Lost Girl has been doing on SyFy.

I'd still prefer just about any network but SyFy, but at least the show's future looks reasonably secure. S2 was verrrrrrrrrry problematic, but I still think it's got a lot of potential, and I hope it gets the time to make the best of it.

Season 2 finale had 1.5m viewers and 0.5 demo....bettering most SyFy shows :D:D

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/09/17/friday-cable-ratings-wwe-smackdown-wins-night-yukon-men-bering-sea-gold-ultimate-fighter-lost-girl-gravity-falls-more/148818/

Showcase will premiere season 3 on Sunday January 6th...yay!

http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/11/lost-girl-season-3-press-release.html

:)

The LG fandom has grown huge + worldwide since the first season, i can see this running 6 seasons at least! :D

Yeah, I was at a Lost Girl convention a couple of months back and I couldn't believe the countries a large majority of the fandom had traveled from. It's great.

DeWitt wrote: »
    Yeah, I was at a Lost Girl convention a couple of months back and I couldn't believe the countries a large majority of the fandom had traveled from. It's great.

Really? Where was the convention, and where had people travelled from, if I might ask?

Really? Where was the convention, and where had people travelled from, if I might ask?

jill....a season 3 piccy for you ;)

dyson_FULL.jpg

Ha, yeah, no.

Nice to see the PR stuff starting up again though, I've been missing this silly little show a lot.

• Advertisement

It was in London, and some of the people I was talking to had come from Germany, Sweden, Norway, Austria, Australia and Italy.

Advertisement