Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Girl [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

"REALLY REAL"........LOL!!!!!!! :D
    haha!....that's the title of the SCENE release of LG 2x06 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Good stuff. Best episode of the season so far, IMHO, and so close to awesome it drives me crazy.

The cast is so good, and so good together, I swear I'm going to go nuts wishing the writing was that little bit more refined so they could really shine. Plotwise, there's a lot of meaty stuff happening, and the banter between characters is consistently great, but that just makes it worse when the exposition dialogue is written with such a tin ear. The increasingly intrusive soundtrack doesn't help, neither.

This show is really, really frustrating. Because I do enjoy the crap out of it, but if it just had that little bit more panache, it could be something really special.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Nilbert

Why do I always feel like no matter how good an episode of LG is, it can always be better, MUCH better..... like there is something missing. It's like watching your favorite soccer team constantly kicking the ball towards the goal but never making it in. Ahhhh so frustrating! I feel that they concentrate on doing certain things within an episode really well but end up forgetting about everything else or not paying enough attention to it. Like this episode for example. Don't get me wrong LOVED the whole Lauren/Bo/Kenzi moments! I think the cast as a whole has amazingly natural undeniable chemistry. But really the dialog could have been better, much better. And since the start of season 2 I have yet to feel a coherent overall storyline/plot when it comes to the conflict of the day. The story feels all over the place, almost like 4 different people wrote a section of it and then got together and tried to force the pieces together! Some scenes are total waist or could have been better written to fit the overall script.
    This really bothers me because I truly believe this show has so much potential and has all the right ingredients to be a truly legendary Scify series but so far it has falling short at its most pivotal moments.

Casting news: NCIS's Lauren Holly will guest star in Lost Girl Episode 2.14 as Sadie, The Listener's Anthony Lemke will also appear in the episode which is titled "Midnight Lamp".

Fresh ep. tonight, hopefully no botched issues this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

2x09 - So FREAKING funny!!!
    No joke, I almost peed my pants. The Kenzi/Dyson bodyswap *bursts out laughing*.
    You guys gotta watch this ASAP.

• Advertisement

Looking forward to seeing it, I love a bodyswap and I think this cast could do fun stuff with it.

^ i've got some catching up to do....4 eps., fallen WAY behind on lots of shows!!

From the synopsis - and stupid title - of Raging Fae, I wasn't expecting much. Pleasantly surprised by it, this was a really strong episode with some surprisingly moving little moments from Anna Silk. The whole cast was used well, but she was on particularly (and unusually, to be honest ) fine form, and we got a lot more texture to Bo's life before the show caught up with her.

I was glad to see Bo both a) Remembering she's a succubus and actually having some nice, guilt free sex, b) Not being a giant pansy in a fight just because it's convenient to the plot, and c) Showing some real depth. This was the first episode in ages where it felt like she was a character complex enough to carry a show, and I really did feel for her. I'm far more interested in watching this character find her place in the world than watching her turn into some kind of Chosen One, which seems to be the direction things are heading, but I still hope to see more of it.

And I have to say, as much as I enjoy the truly ridiculous amount of chemistry between Silk and Palmer, Kenzi and Bo's girly bromance is one of my favourite relationships on television at the minute. It's awesome and I wish there were more like it. It feels like a lot of TV writers think "friendship" refers to any two girls who hang out in vague proximity and do bitchy things to each other, but those two really have a lovely dynamic that feels very true. They're quite different characters who complement each other wonderfully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

Just started watching this and up to s02 e04..

i loved season 1 and season 2 started off a little weak in the first 2 eps but getting better. At the minute I'm not too keen on Lauren and think her character is a little bland but maybe that changes over the next few eps. Kenzi is by far my favorite.. the delivery of her one liners are too funny.

:eek: renewed for a THIRD season! :D

Fae fans rejoice! Showcase announces the renewal of massive hit series Lost Girl for a third season. The blockbuster Canadian original series will begin production on season three in Spring 2012.

Since launching to record-breaking audiences in September 2010, Lost Girl has become Showcase’s highest rated drama series. During its first season run, Lost Girl ranked number one on the channel for adults 25-54 and was the top scripted series across all specialty channels (A25-54)*. Since returning in September 2011 the second season has averaged close to 400,000 viewers (2+) to date*, and was greenlit for an unprecedented 22 episodes.

Taken from: SpoilerTV http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/12/lost-girl-renewed-for-season-3.html#ixzz1g3qp3thc

• Advertisement

:eek: renewed for a THIRD season! :D

Fae fans rejoice! Showcase announces the renewal of massive hit series Lost Girl for a third season. The blockbuster Canadian original series will begin production on season three in Spring 2012.

Since launching to record-breaking audiences in September 2010, Lost Girl has become Showcase’s highest rated drama series. During its first season run, Lost Girl ranked number one on the channel for adults 25-54 and was the top scripted series across all specialty channels (A25-54)*. Since returning in September 2011 the second season has averaged close to 400,000 viewers (2+) to date*, and was greenlit for an unprecedented 22 episodes.

Taken from: SpoilerTV http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/12/lost-girl-renewed-for-season-3.html#ixzz1g3qp3thc

Good stuff, looks like I started watching at the right time. Just finished ep 8 there with the Egyptian Lich guy...Bo sucking out all the chi stuff from the guys in the room and coming out with the "I am more powerful than all Fae" was nuts.

Weird ending with the Lauren giving Bo a big smooch beside her comatose girlfriend. Lauren didn't even mention the speech so she must be up to no good...or maybe not...i'll have to find out tomorrow if she mentions it i guess

The characterisation of Lost Girl can be wildly inconsistent, which, the more I think about it, I put down to the show's budget. Canadian shows like this probably won't have any dedicated continuity people or writers roundtable meetings, so there's no interplay between the various scribes. It seems to affect Lauren in particular, so it's always kind of hard to know if she's up to something shady or if that particular writer just hasn't got an ear for her.

The 13 episode order is neat, and most folks seem to think there's a strong chance of the order being expanded again into 22. I'm a little concerned though that they might be caught on the hop as they were with this season, and we'll end up with a few more "padding" episodes.

EDIT:

Also, this image is spoilery mcspoilerson.

Speaking of madly incoherent characterisation, WTF was going on this episode? It felt like it was missing about ten scenes which might have explained some of the massively abrupt 180s everybody bar Bo was doing. And Lord, I wish Bo and Lauren would stop getting so stupid lately, in each of their respective ways.

I liked bits of it, but there were so many weirdly missed dramatic opportunities (Lauren's out of the dungeon now, Nadia has her party shoes on about ten minutes after stepping out of a magical five year coma in a mysterious fairy person science facility) and very strange moments where it felt like the director had forgotten to show something important, that I find myself once again more frustrated by this show than anything.

I'm not dismissing the possibility that the next episode might justify a lot of that by paying off on it, but they'll have to do a lot to convince me that Lauren's behaviour here made any sense at all or that the writing team even share a canteen, much less a whole TV show.

Speaking of madly incoherent characterisation, WTF was going on this episode? It felt like it was missing about ten scenes which might have explained some of the massively abrupt 180s everybody bar Bo was doing. And Lord, I wish Bo and Lauren would stop getting so stupid lately, in each of their respective ways.

I liked bits of it, but there were so many weirdly missed dramatic opportunities (Lauren's out of the dungeon now, Nadia has her party shoes on about ten minutes after stepping out of a magical five year coma in a mysterious fairy person science facility) and very strange moments where it felt like the director had forgotten to show something important, that I find myself once again more frustrated by this show than anything.

I'm not dismissing the possibility that the next episode might justify a lot of that by paying off on it, but they'll have to do a lot to convince me that Lauren's behaviour here made any sense at all or that the writing team even share a canteen, much less a whole TV show.

Just watched the last 2 eps now and I must say I LOL'd when Lauren and coma girl turned up at the birthday party. Yeah it really was silly that she would go to a party straight after the 5 year spell.

In the final episode there was no mention of the gift given by the stranger in the previous ep. Also I'm not sure but when Trick was told by the blind woman she could ask 4 questions....did she actually only ask 2 and Trick only answered 1? I kind of got confused there...maybe the writers got confused there also :confused:

Overall though I enjoyed it. Was a good pacing. I thought the scenes in the drive-in dream sequence was really well done. Nice spooky effect with Trick and his wife on the cinema screen in the background.

It also looks like the writers have switched the mushy mushy Bo - Lauren for mushy mushy Kenzi - guitar boy. :rolleyes:

In this show I think having too much mushy is such a drag and doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of it. It really interferes with the comedy.

If I was to compare the first season with where it is so far in the second season.. season 1 wins by a mile.

Looking forward to the second half of season.

I have a massive catchup to do on this, like 7 episodes....gonna try get though them over the Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,061 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Season 2 has started back on SyFy UK also

Some season 3 plot points, not too spoilery.... http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/02/lost-girl-season-3-will-be-darker.html

2x16 leaked via Canadian iTunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Ksenia Solo(aka Kenzi) is coming to London in the fall for a fan convention if anyone's interested in that sort of thing.
    http://www.seanharry.com/vampire/index.htm

I'm so excited. Hoping the organiser can pull off more Lost Girl guests.

• Advertisement

What did folks think of Schools Out?

I enjoyed the crap out of it, I must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

You caught up yet Richard?

I watched all of the eps in one go over a couple of days as I'm want to do with shows. Have to say I enjoyed it. It fills that fantasy/supernatural style niche that I've been missing since Angel ended and nothing had filled it since....with the exception maybe of season one of true blood.

Anna silk is fairly believable and Ksenia Solo is a good little actress too and they write her well. I do think the original Ash was pretty cool and its a shame they killed him off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

I stopped watching this ages ago (not sure why, might have been catching up on something else, or just forgotten about it) but I think I'll pick it back up again.

I remember knowing from Ep 1 that Kenzi was going to be a big reason to continue watching.

Stick them on the USB for me there please Kirb!

Kirby wrote: »
    Anna silk is fairly believable and Ksenia Solo is a good little actress too and they write her well. I do think the original Ash was pretty cool and its a shame they killed him off.

I haven't seen the latest ep yet but yeah the two of them are excellent. The new guy Ryan I think is a good character.

Did they kill the old Ash off? I thought he was in a coma from the bomb. I may have missed it where they said he was actually killed.

red dave wrote: »
    I haven't seen the latest ep yet but yeah the two of them are excellent. The new guy Ryan I think is a good character.

Did they kill the old Ash off? I thought he was in a coma from the bomb. I may have missed it where they said he was actually killed.

Well he isn't officially dead. They have him wounded and in a coma but the actor hasn't been in it since the first season so I think its safe to say he's moved on to other shows.

It was his voice that did it. Was very evil sounding. Like Vader. :p

That was why they had to get rid of that Ash though. Yer man Clé Bennett got a bigger role on Flashpoint, so they had to bench that character and bring in the Mystic Knight of Tir na nÓg. He's in an offscreen coma to keep the door open if things change.

I hope so. Would like to see him back. The Irish guy is fine but I like my bad guys menacing. And I don't care what the recent plot says, I still think the new Ash is evil.

There have been a few spoilers about late S2, early S3 floating around, out of interest. I think there's some kind of hour long promo thing before the season finale this year too?

• Advertisement

2x20 was excellent, RIP Ciara and The Ash!....really hotting up now towards the finale and the battle with the Geruda, nice to see Dyson back....good action and story, decent effects also.

I still have some catching up to do, i've seen upto 2x11, and 2x19 + 2x20 but i need to watch 2x12-2x18.....gonna try catch up on them over the next few days.

I do think though that 22 episodes this season has been tooo much, it's caused alot of filler and watered down the main season 2 elements, i think the show works better as 13 episodes per season.....but i'm sure they want to make enough for Lost Girl to be sold into syndication, i'm sure it'll do and sell well there.

Advertisement