Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Girl [** Spoilers **]

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

I just watched the latest two episodes....4x11 broke my heart!!!!! :(:(:(

Why show?.....WHY!? :(
    And Sundays ep. was a huge info and backstory dump, lots of reveals i didnt see coming. Any news on season 5?

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

'Lost Girl' Renewed for Fifth Season on Canada's Showcase

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/lost-girl-renewed-fifth-season-684117

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Showrunner seems to have stepped down...

Showrunner seems to have stepped down...

Just saw that! :eek: - big changes, the press release for S5 left out Kensai Solo! :confused:

Alot of fans complained S4 was a muddled confused mess...with characters being out of character etc. Personally i think Michelle Lovretta should come back.

Michael Grassi has replaced Emily Andras (who ran seasons 3 and 4 of Lost Girl) as showrunner for Season 5.
    Andras will remain a part of the Lost Girl team and has written episode 5.02.
    Grassi previously wrote episodes 4.04, 4.07 and 4.10.
    Season one was co-showrun by Creator Michelle Lovretta and Peter Mohan while season 2 was co-showrun by Jeremy Boxen and Grant Rosenberg.

mafaa wrote: »
    'Lost Girl' Renewed for Fifth Season on Canada's Showcase

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/lost-girl-renewed-fifth-season-684117

No surprise....but it might be the last season, maybe squeeze one more. 5 or 6 is enough....no need to flog that Fae ;)

• Advertisement

jenjenten wrote: »
    Just saw that! :eek: - big changes, the press release for S5 left out Kensai Solo! :confused:

Alot of fans complained S4 was a muddled confused mess...with characters being out of character etc. Personally i think Michelle Lovretta should come back.

Michael Grassi has replaced Emily Andras (who ran seasons 3 and 4 of Lost Girl) as showrunner for Season 5.
    Andras will remain a part of the Lost Girl team and has written episode 5.02.
    Grassi previously wrote episodes 4.04, 4.07 and 4.10.
    Season one was co-showrun by Creator Michelle Lovretta and Peter Mohan while season 2 was co-showrun by Jeremy Boxen and Grant Rosenberg.

Supposedly Lovretta was actually far less involved than it would seem, but the show happened to lose a lot of people to Orphan Black shortly after she departed, notably John Fawcett.

jenjenten wrote: »
    No surprise....but it might be the last season, maybe squeeze one more. 5 or 6 is enough....no need to flog that Fae ;)

lol ... no need to flog that Fae - poor Bo Bo :D

Bo & Kenzi carried their characters well in s1 & s2, it's a pity Kenzi not in s5 ; while Tamsin slowly picks up momentum in s3 & s4 but now only left with Bo & Tamsin :(

Lauren became a fae in s4 which indicate she has a larger role in s5 & hopefully she could improve her character rather to stay rigid

so change of showrunner might be good ; s3 was quite bearable but s4 like watching cartoon :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1 voldo2006

Kenzi will be back.....I bet if she does though, it will be half way into season 5 before she returns.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/04/08/lost-girl-season-5-charisma-carpenter_n_5113340.html
    In "Lost Girl" Season 5, "Buffy" actress Charisma Carpenter (Cordelia Chase) is joining the fae-tastic cast as a guest star. Carpenter will be playing a character by the name of Freyja, who's well-known in mythology as the most renowned of the Norse goddesses. Perhaps one of the most interesting facts about Freyja is she rides a a boar with golden bristles -- here's hoping that "Lost Girl" picks up on that. The powers-that-be behind the show insist that Freyja will have a definite "Lost Girl" twist, so we'll just have to wait until Season 5 starts up in the fall of 2014 to find out more about the character.

In Season 5, Bo (Anna Silk) will go to hell and back to try and save the people she loves -- her family. But she will discover that love is not always enough to keep her family together. When you go to hell, you're bound to drag something evil back with you...

"'Lost Girl' will never take a rest from bringing you twists, turns, and surprises. Season 5 promises more intrigue than ever before," said Jay Firestone, executive producer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,059 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The upcoming 5th season consisting of 16 episodes, airing in two parts will also be it's last - Source TV Line

I'm sad because the cast seems genuinely gutted, but really, the show never capitalised on its potential and it was steadily declining since about half way through S3. Its best asset was always the cast, and in particular the Bo/Kenzi double act, but once Ksenia Solo started being sidelined to bring Rachel Skarsten in, that was shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

Yeah Bo/Kenzi was what I found most entertaining. Bo settling down with Lauren and that dynamic wasn't on the mark for me. Last season in the end was a mess. With Kenzi sidelined in next season it's not shaping up to be a memorable send off. Hope I'm wrong.

'Lost Girl' star Anna Silk on the show ending after season 5

think the writers had damaged the series capability to be flexible since season 3 & wrote season 4 into a mess, it is not easy to turnover but is a challenge & a risk too unnecessary ; just like continuum, the last season was a bit more better then season 4 only also quite messy, wonder how many more seasons can survive with that mess created :P

really enjoyed season 1 & 2 especially on Bo/Kenzi dynamic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Feu

anyone watched the new episodes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

Feu wrote: »
    anyone watched the new episodes?

Not yet, will probably be the weekend when get time to catch up on a few things. Did you enjoy it?

certainly an improvement on Series 4, but that is not hard!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

What Feu said. I'm not all that impressed with the way they set up Kenzi's storyline either. We know Ksenia's coming back before the finale so why ship her off in such a way when they had a better arc with Valhalla/being dead?

yes Dewitt, once again some bits quite rushed, and others drawn out. It's just quite patchy, although as i said, something of an improvement over last season episodes.

As long as they stopped saying Key-ara when referring to Ciara I will be happy

• Advertisement
Advertisement