Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alive! magazine and a no junk mail sign.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

davrho wrote: »
    I live in Lucan. Our recycable waste is not weighed or charged for.

1) Yet
    2) But you do have a limit on the size of your bin
    3) There are other places in Ireland besides Lucan...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭davrho

Mike 1972 wrote: »
    1) Yet
    2) But you do have a limit on the size of your bin
    3) There are other places in Ireland besides Lucan...........

1) We will see. I dont see a monthly paper puting me in the poor house.
    2) Plenty of room. Lucky if it's half full every 2 weeks.
    3) Yes, lived in Maynooth too. They were great for starting the fire.

You must have an easy life if a monthly paper delivered by a couple of old dafties in the parish brings you so many troubles.

The thread that keeps giving.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

Is there an actual legal requirement in Ireland for "no junk mail" stickers to be respected?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

wild_cat wrote: »
    Anyway how do I get this to stop?

Simple save them till you have about 2 or 3 stone in weight worth of them. then find a company that takes payment on delivery and get them delivered back to their office. it'll be done by weight and cost them a bomb. When they open the box a nice little note saying

I asked you to stop annoying me with your
    ****e magazine and not to send them to me
    So now you can have them back.

Your sincerely
    Satan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

TheZohan wrote: »
    1. Get a condom, open it and put some shampoo/conditoner in it ( a tiny amount and make sure the shampoo/conditioner is a neutral colour, not blue or pink!).
    2. Post it to Alive! in an envelope with a note stating that for every time they send you their magazine after you asked them to stop you'll send them the same free present.

Make sure you don't sign the letter. ;)

Thats f**king brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭djk1000

wild_cat wrote: »
    I have a no junk mail sign up on my front door. The only people who seem unable to read it are the people that deliver the Alive Catholic news paper door to door.

I rang them last month requesting that they refrain from putting it through the door in future. The lady refused to tell me who was delivering them to my area but said it wasn't one of their own group of delivery people, as they adhere to no junk mail signs.

Came home today and there was another one stuck in the door.

I do not agree with any of the crap they write and feel I shouldn't have this kind of stuff thwarted at me in my own home.

I'd enjoy it like a copy of Viz if I didn't know they were actually being serious.

Anyway how do I get this to stop?

Distributed by a company called "All Homes"

But more importantly, the french girl guides on the cover of the latest issue are hot

1) We will see. I dont see a monthly paper puting me in the poor house.
    2) Plenty of room. Lucky if it's half full every 2 weeks.
    3) Yes, lived in Maynooth too. They were great for starting the fire.

You must have an easy life if a monthly paper delivered by a couple of old dafties in the parish brings you so many troubles.

You really dont get it-
    Why should anyone have to accept being be subjected to one cent of expense or one millisecond of inconvenience by these SCUMBAGS ?

Oh and some of us live with other people and have proper heating in our homes
    blubloblu wrote: »
    Is there an actual legal requirement in Ireland for "no junk mail" stickers to be respected?
    See posts 275-280 (and a few others)

You really dont get it-
    Why should anyone have to accept being be subjected to one cent of expense or one millisecond of inconvenience by these SCUMBAGS ?

Oh and some of us live with other people and have proper heating in our homes

See posts 270-280 (and a few others)

Brilliant.

Yes ,thats why i moved to Lucan, gas central heating and free paper recycling.

I think I am beginning to get it. Some right bitter feckers out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Some people have strange definitions of scumbags.

Some right bitter feckers out there.

Funny I havent seen that PM with your postal address yet (Dont think my Junk mail choice selection of high quality literature would make it addressed to "davrho, Lucan, Ireland" somehow ?)

Better still since you obviously are pretty easygoing when it comes to a little matter of criminal trespass why not post it here so we have a venue for the next AH beers sorted :pac:
    MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    Some people have strange definitions of scumbags.

Ah yes silly me getting all worked up with trivial matters like Harassment and criminal trespass.

Dont worry I have some literature I just know you will appreciate just waiting on your postal address by PM as well.

• Advertisement

Funny I havent seen that PM with your postal address yet (Dont think my Junk mail choice selection of high quality literature would make it addressed to "davrho, Lucan, Ireland" somehow ?)

Better still since you obviously are pretty easygoing when it comes to a little matter of criminal trespass why not post it here so we have a venue for the next AH beers sorted :pac:

ha ha.

How many times have you called the guards to report a tresspasser delivering Alive? Any convictions?

Just make it the Penny Hill Pub . In there every weekend.

It really depends on what your definition of junk mail is. For instance when I was delivering Charity clothing collection bags I did not regard them as junk and would post them regardless of any signs. Had a few verbal tussles in my time, the worst are the people with nothing better to do than literally(I'm not joking) sit at the bottom of their stairs waiting for someone to post something.
    Allin all, if someone posts these things have a quick read and a laugh, then chuck em out. The cost is truly minimal. Stick a "no alive! either" on your sign. If that doesn't work there is not much point getting worked up over it.

How many times have you called the guards to report a tresspasser delivering Alive? Any convictions? .

They tell me its a civil matter...........
    the Penny Hill Pub

You have a box number there ?

Tell me you did not actually ring an Garda Siochana over Alive!????

Tell me I dont need to explain to you the concept of sarcasm

They tell me its a civil matter...........

You have a box number there ?

Been hit a few boxes there:pac:.

Hard to know with you tbh. In that case are you just taking the p!ss in getting so worked up over a 10 page newspaper?

in getting so worked up over a 10 page newspaper?

Some people have strange definitions of............

Some people have strange definitions of............
    Some maintain the Daily Mail is one also! But lets not get pedantic. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭supermonkey

So was the whole thing a windup?
    Does the first guy not even mind getting ALIVE! through his letterbox?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 536 ✭✭✭ahal

I began by googling 'no junk mail law' and have spent half an hour trawling through this, but despite someone else already asking the same question there doesn't seem to be any sign.

Can this thread go off on any more of a tangent?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,241 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

ahal wrote: »
    I began by googling 'no junk mail law' and have spent half an hour trawling through this, but despite someone else already asking the same question there doesn't seem to be any sign.

You should ask the Lord for a sign. At least that's what the paper says...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭xxchloexx

Was listening to a talk about this on the radio the other day , if you have a "no junk mail" sign you can actually bring the people to court if they continue to put things through your letter box , although i dont no if you can really legally do anything about them posting Alive as who could you sue ? the church :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

xxchloexx wrote: »
    Was listening to a talk about this on the radio the other day , if you have a "no junk mail" sign you can actually bring the people to court if they continue to put things through your letter box , although i dont no if you can really legally do anything about them posting Alive as who could you sue ? the church :p

By the way you ask it sounds like you don't think someone could sue 'the Church', but you could...

But of course in this case, it'd be simply this magazine. However I'm not sure you'd sue them per se, it would probably be more like going to your local court to get an order against them or something. Same kind of way you'd deal with noise pollution.

It is rather academic as I doubt anyone wants to go to all that hassle. They just want their junk mail sign respected :P

So was the whole thing a windup?
    Does the first guy not even mind getting ALIVE! through his letterbox?

Tell me I dont need to explain to you the concept of AH
    ahal wrote: »

Ditto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭PrimalTherapy

bronte wrote: »
    I'm not sure, but I think there's some law that says if you have a no junkmail sign up, it's actually illegal to put stuff in the letterbox.
    do you have a link or more info on this law

nicola09 wrote: »
    It would, as they are entering the OP's property to distribute the junk mail. Ignoring the request to desist strengthens the plaintiffs claim, !
    if someone is renting a house can they put a 'no trespass' sign ands would the sign have to say no trespass for delivery of junk mail. This referes to junk mail generally and not just alive

xxchloexx wrote: »
    Was listening to a talk about this on the radio the other day , if you have a "no junk mail" sign you can actually bring the people to court
    do you recall what radio? would it be on the net?

It really depends on what your definition of junk mail is. For instance when I was delivering Charity clothing collection bags I did not regard them as junk and would post them regardless of any signs.
    cheeky huh? you decide what is junk to someone else?

• Advertisement

cheeky huh? you decide what is junk to someone else?
    I don't consider charity appeals to help handicapped people junk.

Advertisement