Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Craigels wrote: »
    hey guys i all of a sudden am having problems sending / receiving mms on my phone im with METEOR can someone just post there settings so i can confirm mine are correct , thanks lads.
    lewis wrote: »
    I never got MMS working, I`ve tried so many settings, even from 02 and nothing.
    Does yours get stuck on sending, or it looks like it sends but the receiver never gets it?

I had a problem a while back, but I checked my settings.
    seems my settings had been changed, where it says APN type, make sure you have mms + internet selected.

Hopefully that will sort you guys too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

hey guys i all of a sudden am having problems sending / receiving mms on my phone im with METEOR can someone just post there settings so i can confirm mine are correct , thanks lads.

i presume you know where to go in your phone to input these.

METEOR DATA

NAME
    meteor data
    APN
    data.mymeteor.ie
    PROXY

PORT

USERNAME
    my
    PASSWORD
    wap
    SERVER
    MMSC

MMS PROXY

MMSPORT

MCC
    MNC
    AUTH.TYPE
    pap
    APN TYPE
    internet

AND!

METEOR MMS

NAME
    meteor MMS
    APN
    mms.mymeteor.ie
    PROXY

PORT

USER NAME
    my
    PASSWORD
    wap
    SERVER

MMSC
    http://mms.mymeteor.ie
    MMS PROXY
    MMS PORT
    MCC
    MNC
    AUTH.TYPE
    pap
    APN TYPE
    mms

hope this helps.but you cannot get pics thru text unless your use packet data and data roaming are on.this is how it worked for me.tbh i just send pics by email now i dont bother texting pics that much.its ok sending them but when people want to send them to you they need to tell you so you can turn on those settings which is a pain.if anyone has a solution to that please let me know.cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

Always had MMS+Internet but never worked, just got stuck on sending.
    Tried the above but no joy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

Anybody know how I can disable the really invasive startup and shutdown tones on this Galaxy?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭James G

Anyone know how to add a percentage to the battery in the notification/status bar?
    I remember previously having it (might have been part of darky's rom), but have lost it since upgrading to darky's rom v9.5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Hecklar

CircularBattery mod in darkys rom configurator?

you can get it in the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭James G

Hecklar wrote: »

It wasn't an extra icon. It was the default battery icon with white numbers in the middle showing the percentage.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Craigels

Always had MMS+Internet but never worked, just got stuck on sending.
    Tried the above but no joy

me too its just annoying me how it did always work and then it just stopped ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

morning lads and lassie's :)

little problem the wap and internet has stopped working for me when i turn the wifi off or leave the house i cant connect to the web and nothing show's up i.e the 3G or H icon for the wap

all the settings are present and correct and not messed with at all im wondering is the darky's 9.3 imploding or something...little few niggles i can only put down to that .. is 9.5 stable yet?

Dionysus wrote: »
    Anybody know how I can disable the really invasive startup and shutdown tones on this Galaxy?

Thanks.

Have a look for Boot Animations ZIPS. There`s loads out there, as far as I know they might come with boot sounds, but is it that annoying, the 2 seconds it plays, unless you reboot/shut down 24/7 I`d leave them!
    Hecklar wrote: »

Circular Battery can be a battery hogger, I had it ages ago and was experiencing bad battery drain and that was one of them, keep an eye on it, I think its not really needed.
    moggser wrote: »

little problem the wap and internet has stopped working for me when i turn the wifi off or leave the house i cant connect to the web and nothing show's up i.e the 3G or H icon for the wap

all the settings are present and correct and not messed with at all im wondering is the darky's 9.3 imploding or something...little few niggles i can only put down to that .. is 9.5 stable yet?

I take it you have the usual box`s ticked?
    The best thing I can suggest is and I know its a pain in the holey, is a TOTAL WIPE! At least that way your guaranteed to get it back, :)

• Advertisement

I take it you have the usual box`s ticked?
    The best thing I can suggest is and I know its a pain in the holey, is a TOTAL WIPE! At least that way your guaranteed to get it back, :)

yeah everything is ticked and correct

now i notice that everytime i boot the phone it give me back a old text as if ive only just received it....

gonna go for the 9.5 now in a few mins when it finish's backing up me stuff

see what happen's after that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,217 ✭✭✭ongarite

Meteor/eMobile data network is down. Don't wipe your phone.
    This needs a sticky, must be the 10th time its been asked since yesterday!

oh really?? figured that might be a problem but sure i cant help me self really im going to do it anyway being bored kinda makes me wanna do it anyway

cheers very much for reply...you to lewis :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Well we`re here to help, after you`ve search and looked up your questions of course, tongue.gif

I tried searching before asking but couldn't find anything specific to Nokia 6230

yeah everything is ticked and correct

now i notice that everytime i boot the phone it give me back a old text as if ive only just received it....

gonna go for the 9.5 now in a few mins when it finish's backing up me stuff

see what happen's after that

Wipe it man, :)
    vicwatson wrote: »
    I tried searching before asking but couldn't find anything specific to Nokia 6230

Hmmmmm, lol

Ummmm lol yeah I kinda forgot to wipe it... Fo far there been no
    Issues but ya never know

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭reb73

Anyone chanced their arm with the MIUI port for SGS I9000 yet?

Based on CM7 (CyanogenMod Gingerbread) codebase and Nexus S USB drivers and looks interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 dimple_smile

Have my Samsung Galaxy S for a few months now, had no problems since i got it but it wont connect to UPC WiFi at home. Nothing wrong with UPC cus PC and laptop connect fine... Did anyone else have this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Have my Samsung Galaxy S for a few months now, had no problems since i got it but it wont connect to UPC WiFi at home. Nothing wrong with UPC cus PC and laptop connect fine... Did anyone else have this problem?

I did have this problem. Cant remember how I fixed it though to be honest. I think it had something to do with the advanced wifi settings on the phone. Try deselecting "fixed IP" or selecting it.

I also may have fiddled with the router settings, dont remember...

Ummmm lol yeah I kinda forgot to wipe it... Fo far there been no
    Issues but ya never know

Give it time, lol

A few months and your only asking this now? lol

Does your phone see your router?
    Do you have MAC filtering?
    You can try Wifinder from the market and that will get you connected, then your default should also connect.

• Advertisement

A few months and your only asking this now? lol
    Haha... sorry i left out a bit, it used to connect fine.. i've only got this problem since yesterday :o:rolleyes:
    It just says "Obtaining IP address..." and then goes "Disabled".:confused:

Haha... sorry i left out a bit, it used to connect fine.. i've only got this problem since yesterday :o:rolleyes:
    It just says "Obtaining IP address..." and then goes "Disabled".:confused:

Ya did`nt answer any of my questions, I can`t help you if you don`t tell me, :)

Get Wifinder from the market and see if that works first

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Odd issue here, Just yesterday my sgs was connecting fine to Kies, and there tonight, will not connect no matter what i do. The only thing i've changed on my computer since then is a routine update for Microsoft security essentials, thats it. Hardly even used the phone.

Any idea's?

UPDATE: Seems to be connecting now, how very temperamental..

Ya did`nt answer any of my questions, I can`t help you if you don`t tell me, :)

Get Wifinder from the market and see if that works first

Sorry...:o
    Yes the phone can see my router... just downloaded WiFinder and it does the same thing "Obtaining IP address..." but i was able to drill into that and it says IP Address Error.
    What is MAC filtering? :confused::)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

to those with wifi issues, search the XDA forums

I came across something once that recommended turning on allshare which helped but didnt fix it.

to those with wifi issues, search the XDA forums

I came across something once that recommended turning on allshare which helped but didnt fix it.

No no, you don`t need to go near that muck, bloat ware is all that is, its ok, but gets boring after a while.
    Do you know what modem you have on your phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Quote:
    Originally Posted by vicwatson viewpost.gif

Hmmmmm, lol

I did, don't be taking the pee outta me, I ran a few searches and couldn't find the answers to my questions, have you any answers to them ?:)

vicwatson wrote: »
    Hi all,

This is a great thread and thanks to all thus far -

I'm a newbie to smartphones and Samsung Galaxy S so will be annoying you all over the coming weeks with questions !!:) I'm going from a Nokia 6230 so......

2 to start -

1. How do I get my contacts over from my old Nokia phone, I've tried taking the sim card out and putting into the Galaxy S but it fails to entertain it ! Doesn't know it's there !

2. Can I set reminders like I could with my Nokia 6230? I used this a lot so could really do witha facility similar to it.

TIA y'all

You could try syncing them with gmail on your ahem Nokia, :) then you`ll be able to get on your SGS.

You can detonate a nuclear warhead with this phone, of course you can set reminders, look for Remind me in the market, its nice and small and simple

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Re; Alarm Clock ....i've set mine twice recently, and it failed to GO OFF?

Don't think I'm doing anything wrong? The little alarm clock symbol was on the home screen when I turned the phone off?

Any tips?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Craigels

me too its just annoying me how it did always work and then it just stopped ?

ok my internet went today just wouldnt connect and now it grand all of a sudden still having the mms problem this is very annoying went into meteor and they tried and failed to fix it they even done a sim change and no luck

Advertisement