Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭AE86JAY

Just did a reflash all seems ok now??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

lewis wrote: »
    Set up your contact info, while in there you`ll see ringtone, set it from there.

thanks, tried that there now, but it'll only allow me to set a ringtone so the phone would have to ring, but the alarm does text me only.

There seems to be no option to set an ALERT tone for an incoming text message?

help! :confused::confused::confused::confused::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

does anyone when is the samsung s 2 available, o2 or 3? (might be moving) :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭moggser

lewis i got one for ya...

just today ive been getting few issue's with the 9.3 i think,, was looking at what apps where running and fone froze for a sec then went in to the other launcher the original one from the home switcher app happened about four to five times today along with it messing about with other settings on the phone..

any idea's....did i read it right from ya earlier is there a darky's 10 tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

MidlandsM wrote: »
    thanks, tried that there now, but it'll only allow me to set a ringtone so the phone would have to ring, but the alarm does text me only.

There seems to be no option to set an ALERT tone for an incoming text message?

help! :confused::confused::confused::confused::pac:

I read you wrong, as far as I know you can only set the basic notification(text) tone for all texts, I`m afraid you`ll have to open your eyes and look at it if it goes off in the middle of the night..:)
    moggser wrote: »
    lewis i got one for ya...

just today ive been getting few issue's with the 9.3 i think,, was looking at what apps where running and fone froze for a sec then went in to the other launcher the original one from the home switcher app happened about four to five times today along with it messing about with other settings on the phone..

any idea's....did i read it right from ya earlier is there a darky's 10 tonight

You where looking in settings/applications/manage applications?
    Home Switcher is only used to select a launcher, unless you where in it.
    What other settings?
    You`ll have to explain a bit more and tell me what you where in and doing?

Yeah, but it`s for those who know there stuff, it has to be done through Odin and its Gingerbread based, still in the early stages.

• Advertisement

i wasnt actually doin anything other then using the fone really and it went like that i know what the home switcher dose so i wasnt messing in there or any where else really. few apps forced stop on me and four square stopped working for me i.e wont let me sign in to it no matter how many times i reinstall it and

Random Turning off of things I.e the wifi get switched off
    And the volume goes down a notch and the driving mode get
    Knocked off ( the setting that allows the callers name played when getting a call). Is there a fix for it as it's annoying me now phone was like this before any Darkys went near it so I know it's not that
    they are all problems that are wrecking me nut now at this stage

i wasnt actually doin anything other then using the fone really and it went like that i know what the home switcher dose so i wasnt messing in there or any where else really. few apps forced stop on me and four square stopped working for me i.e wont let me sign in to it no matter how many times i reinstall it and

Random Turning off of things I.e the wifi get switched off
    And the volume goes down a notch and the driving mode get
    Knocked off ( the setting that allows the callers name played when getting a call). Is there a fix for it as it's annoying me now phone was like this before any Darkys went near it so I know it's not that
    they are all problems that are wrecking me nut now at this stage

How long are you on 9.3 and how did you do about getting there?
    What modem do you have and kernel?

I`ve read a lot of people having a wide range of problems with 9.3, but I was on it and I never had any issues with it.
    What it might just need is to flash it again, I `ve also read that there where a few "buggy" downloads of 9.3, maybe you got one?

im on it about week and half i think got it from a link on ere i think was def the darky's site anyway

baseband I9000XXJPY

Kernel 2.6.32.9 curio@carton#Voodoo_stable_5.4.1

build number Darky's v9.3.xwjs5

is that the info ya need?

im on it about week and half i think got it from a link on ere i think was def the darky's site anyway

baseband I9000XXJPY

Kernel 2.6.32.9 curio@carton#Voodoo_stable_5.4.1

build number Darky's v9.3.xwjs5

is that the info ya need?

That`s all grand, I thought maybe you where on Speedmod or something else other than the default ROM material.

You could go through your apps and try to see if that`s where the problem is, but if you have a lot that could take a while, then you`d be better off starting all over again?
    I know its a pain in the hole but if could solve your problems?

i know it can be.. ive not put anything new on there since it started to go like that today bar turn on the lagfix... would that be a prob?

• Advertisement

I thought that lagfix came turned on when installed?

yeah it does but i turned on to see if it would fix lag in certain games

I don`t know what else to say to you man, you`ve nothing to lose if you flash again, **** I wish I had vibration back,lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

I don`t know what else to say to you man, you`ve nothing to lose if you flash again, **** I wish I had vibration back,lol

I got vibration back today. Back up everything (naturally), delete everything from the system using a laptop. In CWM clear cache, restore factory settings and all that kind of thing. Put on the 9.3 zip and flash with CWM. I actually just left the zip on the phone when i was deleting things.

You start again with a fresh phone so to speak and raw 9.3. Vibration works beautifully.

I got vibration back today. Back up everything (naturally), delete everything from the system using a laptop. In CWM clear cache, restore factory settings and all that kind of thing. Put on the 9.3 zip and flash with CWM. I actually just left the zip on the phone when i was deleting things.

You start again with a fresh phone so to speak and raw 9.3. Vibration works beautifully.

Definitely, I always leave one theme/ROM/kernel on my SD, you never know what could go wrong.
    When you say everything, is that EVERYTHING?

Are you lads saying that your phone dosent vibrate for yiz??
    That's mad mine does Jaysis I'd go kp (nutz) if that happened mine

What ya reckon causes that

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭AE86JAY

Is there an app/hack to extend battery life? I've wifi/gps/bluetooth etc turned off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

AE86JAY wrote: »
    Is there an app/hack to extend battery life? I've wifi/gps/bluetooth etc turned off.

You're doing the right things. Also turn down the brightness of the screen as far as your comfortable with. I dont think theres any apps that actually help

Are you lads saying that your phone dosent vibrate for yiz??
    That's mad mine does Jaysis I'd go kp (nutz) if that happened mine

What ya reckon causes that

Nope, its one of the small prices you pay when flashing.
    AE86JAY wrote: »

Juice Defender, Green Power.
    But doing all the standard things, turning off things when you don`t use them, will help.
    I know that you should`nt have to do all that because its a smart phone, but the battery sucks arse, simple as that.
    You got to work with what you got.

Nope, its one of the small prices you pay when flashing..

thats odd it didnt happen to me and ive flashed trice now all tho i thought it happened this morning till i checked the settings when i re flashed the 9.3

also me foursquare is working again now but the other glitches aint confirmed yet as they not reared their head yet

is there a adblocker available for it pref a free one bleeedin adds annoy me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

I only used 9.2 for a few days before going to 9.3 but I find 9.3 is faster.
    Not sure what you mean by normal wipe vs full wipe. I restarted in recovery and did a wipe. Then installed from zip on sdcard. I use Titantium Backup to get all my apps and data back.

@Dionysus: Go to the contacts list. Open the menu, hit more and then display options. First option for me is Only Contacts with Phones. Tick that to hide internet only contacts (this is on Darky's 9.3 which is Android 2.2.1 so if you have an older android it may be in a slightly different place)

you must have done a full wipe.you have an option to wipe fully or partial wipe to keep all your apps etc its in darkys app that you get in the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

crazygeryy wrote: »
    you must have done a full wipe.you have an option to wipe fully or partial wipe to keep all your apps etc its in darkys app that you get in the market.

I've read it's best to do the full wipe. Titanium Pro makes it easy to restore back my apps after I see how the clean install works.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

thats odd it didnt happen to me and ive flashed trice now all tho i thought it happened this morning till i checked the settings when i re flashed the 9.3

also me foursquare is working again now but the other glitches aint confirmed yet as they not reared their head yet

is there a adblocker available for it pref a free one bleeedin adds annoy me

surprisingly search for "ad block" in the market and you'll find something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

MidlandsM wrote: »
    Quick question and help please.

My premises burgular alarm texts me when its goes off, so I want my SGS to alert me when in bed late at night. How do I get my SGS to use a different alert tone for a text from the number my alarm texts me from, so when I'm lying in bed asleep, when i hear a different tone (to just getting an ordinary text or email) I'll be alerted to the fact that its my premises alarm that gone off and is texting me!

Is there anyway to set this up please?

MidlandsM, Does your burglar alarm send you the same text every time? If so download the wheres my droid app & set the burglar alarm text as the wake up message. Whena text is received with the specified text the phone will turn on sound (even if you put it on silent going to bed) & ring for 5 minutes or until you turn it off.

That should get your attention!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

BenEadir wrote: »
    MidlandsM, Does your burglar alarm send you the same text every time? If so download the wheres my droid app & set the burglar alarm text as the wake up message. Whena text is received with the specified text the phone will turn on sound (even if you put it on silent going to bed) & ring for 5 minutes or until you turn it off.

That should get your attention!!!

That is Gucking. Fenious. Ben!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Ghandee wrote: »
    That is Gucking. Fenious. Ben!

Ah sure I have my moments ;)

I like the Bon Scott quote Ghandee. What AC/DC song is that from?

Saw the boyz in the o2 a couple of years ago and it was quite simply amazing. I'll never ever forget it.

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭#Daniel

I may be getting one of these cheap - its on the vodafone network and I am meteor pay as you go. The seller has an unlock code apparently, if I use this code or whatever can I use the phone with my sim? Sorry for the dumb question I'm not into phone hardware at all :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭xtal191

#Daniel wrote: »
    I may be getting one of these cheap - its on the vodafone network and I am meteor pay as you go. The seller has an unlock code apparently, if I use this code or whatever can I use the phone with my sim? Sorry for the dumb question I'm not into phone hardware at all :P

Should work if not you can always follow this guide

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Swe5O5pChyo

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭#Daniel

xtal191 wrote: »
    Should work if not you can always follow this guide

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Swe5O5pChyo

I still need to root even if I have the unlock code?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭xtal191

No dont think so, it should work without rooting. If the code the person gives you doesnt work you can just try the above.

Advertisement