Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

lewis wrote: »
    If you unplug your charger just as it reaches 100% it will most likely drop to 97-98%, but if you leave it in for about 20-30 minutes after it will probably stay at 100% for a while.

It happens with either. I wish I could go back to 2.2 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

angel01 wrote: »
    Guys can you help?

I am on 2.2.1 and when I charge the phone, it tells me it is fully charged but when I unplug it, it is 97%

I have tried with 2 separate batteries. How can I get it to 100%?

Once again I'm posting this, read:
    http://www.androidpolice.com/2010/12/14/your-battery-gauge-is-lying-to-you-everything-you-need-to-know-about-bump-charging-and-inconsistent-battery-drain/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Hey everybody. Been looking at this phone as an upgrade and I'm wondering what is a good price for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭superfish

Hey everybody. Been looking at thsi phone as an upgrade and I'm wondering what is a good price for it?
    this is the link to carphone warehouse they have it priced at 450 http://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/Product/strong-Samsung-strong-Galaxy-S-Black-8GB/238067/325.0 id say you could pick a second hand one up on done deal for around 330

superfish wrote: »
    this is the link to carphone warehouse they have it priced at 450 http://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/Product/strong-Samsung-strong-Galaxy-S-Black-8GB/238067/325.0 id say you could pick a second hand one up on done deal for around 330
    €450 is a lot upfront, I was considering going bill pay coz at least then the calls and texts are included. Currently with meteor PAYG.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

€450 is a lot upfront, I was considering going bill pay coz at least then the calls and texts are included. Currently with meteor PAYG.

You can get it for €169 on a €20/pm on an 18 month contract or €25pm on a 12 month contract with meteor

Meteor store

I got mine in meteor the deal at the time was you sign into an 18 month contract at 30 a month and you get 200mins 200texts and 1gb data per month to any network also you get free talk and text to meteor and they gave me the phone for free I dont know is this deal still on but worth calling in to meteor and asking its great cas all my mates are on meteor so I never go over my limit usuall have like 195 texts left over every month lol I thought you meant to buy outright

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gaffs89

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    In the last few days, something seems to have happened with my external storage. All my music files seem to have disappeared. When I access the external SD from the file manager, the only folder that appears is 'Lost Dir'. None of the tracks in the music player will now play.

A lot oy my apps are on the SD and these are all working fine, even though I can't see them on the SD.

Any ideas what's wrong/what happened? I installed the card a few weeks ago-it's not a Chinese e-bay effort, and it was working fine.

Well if it's mounted Ok. Then it might be the card it self. Have you taken it out and checked it in your PC or another phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Anyone know how to auto-join contacts?

The last few times I wiped my phone this seemed to be an automated process but this time lots of them didn't automatically join. Any ideas or suggestions welcome.

superfish wrote: »
    I got mine in meteor the deal at the time was you sign into an 18 month contract at 30 a month and you get 200mins 200texts and 1gb data per month to any network also you get free talk and text to meteor and they gave me the phone for free I dont know is this deal still on

Was that long ago?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Do the maths for 2 years. I worked out that I am far better off of 3 PAYG as I get free texts to all networks and for €5 i get 500mb for 30days.

Was that long ago?
    im just about to pay my second bill so first bill was a 6 week bill and second 4 week so ya 10 week ago

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Hi all,

This is a great thread and thanks to all thus far -

I'm a newbie to smartphones and Samsung Galaxy S so will be annoying you all over the coming weeks with questions !!:) I'm going from a Nokia 6230 so......

2 to start -

1. How do I get my contacts over from my old Nokia phone, I've tried taking the sim card out and putting into the Galaxy S but it fails to entertain it ! Doesn't know it's there !

2. Can I set reminders like I could with my Nokia 6230? I used this a lot so could really do witha facility similar to it.

TIA y'all

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭Raoul

vicwatson wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm a newbie to smartphones and Samsung Galaxy S so will be annoying you all over the coming weeks with questions !!:) I'm going from a Nokia 6230 so......

2 to start -

1. How do I get my contacts over from my old Nokia phone, I've tried taking the sim card out and putting into the Galaxy S but it fails to entertain it ! Doesn't know it's there !

2. Can I set reminders like I could with my Nokia 6230? I used this a lot so could really do witha facility similar to it.

TIA y'all

I found this site pretty good for getting your contacts: http://www.phonecopy.com/en/

And yes you can set reminders, just go into the calender and add a meeting. There might be one or two ways to set reminders but thats the way I do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

vicwatson wrote: »
    Hi all,

2 to start -

TIA y'all

Well we`re here to help, after you`ve search and looked up your questions of course, :P

Samsung I9000XXJVK Online at samfirmware.com Android 2.3.3, cmon Darky :D

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Samsung I9000XXJVK Online at samfirmware.com Android 2.3.3, cmon Darky :D

What`s that like?

What`s that like?

No way I'm going back to a Samsung firmware, I'm waiting for Darkys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Cheers PogMoThoin. Going to give it a go - gotta charge up the battery first though.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

I'm tempted to try it just to check it out, but that would be the third flash in almost as many days. Ill be waiting for your verdict BearNecessities ;)

• Advertisement

I`ve read that its a load of ****e better to wait for stable, maybe "official"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Hmmm, it's going to take an hour or so for the battery charge. Also Rocky marathon on the tv... might be tomorrow before I flash it. :o

That is official, samfirmware host official samsung firmwares only

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

Hi all,
    I have had the Samsung Galaxy for a while now and am really happy with. Not quite the whizz kid or anything so need your help.
    I can't access the samsungapps application "Error, service unavailable" or the samsung market "Network error has occured."
    Any help or advice available?

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

I think I remember having the same issue when I got the phone first. Have you updated the phone since you bought it?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

I haven't done any updates at all. As I say not a whizz, and don't want to make a mess of it! Is it easy to do? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

dedaw wrote: »
    I haven't done any updates at all. As I say not a whizz, and don't want to make a mess of it! Is it easy to do? Thanks.

Have a look through this thread and others. Also google things.

It's not hard to do once you follow instructions and have patience. Things can go wrong though but that is rare.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Craigels

hey guys i all of a sudden am having problems sending / receiving mms on my phone im with METEOR can someone just post there settings so i can confirm mine are correct , thanks lads.

Craigels wrote: »
    hey guys i all of a sudden am having problems sending / receiving mms on my phone im with METEOR can someone just post there settings so i can confirm mine are correct , thanks lads.

I never got MMS working, I`ve tried so many settings, even from 02 and nothing.
    Does yours get stuck on sending, or it looks like it sends but the receiver never gets it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Alan70

Hi dedaw, I had that issue last week accessing market. I connected with wifi which in turn resolved issue of connecting without wifi.

Advertisement