Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭#Daniel

xtal191 wrote: »
    No dont think so, it should work without rooting. If the code the person gives you doesnt work you can just try the above.

Sorry misread your post a little. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Hi all,

Do those of you who are Darky fans know if 9.4 stable is going to be the final Froyo based ROM?

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gaffs89

#Daniel wrote: »
    I still need to root even if I have the unlock code?

No. If you're given the unlock code, just put your sim in and start the phone. It will recognize that the sim is not correct and ask for the unlock code. Just input it and away you go..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

BenEadir wrote: »
    Hi all,

Do those of you who are Darky fans know if 9.4 stable is going to be the final Froyo based ROM?

Ben

Only Darky would know that. He may throw out 9.5 if he thinks it's necessery, bug fixes etc. I'd say he'll be concentrating on the 10.0 for now though. I wasnt even expecting 9.4.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Hi Squee,

I didn't realise there was a 9.4 stable either. 9.3 was in beta for ages and then 9.3 stable came out but 9.4 stable seems to have arrived in stable format out of nowhere. Do you know what the main differences are between 9.3 and 9.4? I'm on 9.2 and was about to upgrade to 9.3 but kept reading about some users having major battery drain issues, FC's and total freeze outs so I stuck with 9.2 as I don't really have any problems with it apart from the homescreen being very slow to display when I undock from the official Samsung dock. (no problem if I disconnect from a standard USB cable or electrical charger!)

I'd really like to know what's in 9.4 that will make the upgrade from 9.2 worthwhile??

Ben

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

Still a few bugs in 9.4 to be ironed out yet according to addicted2088 over at darkysrom.com Post 266. Im on 2.2.1 stock was gonna flash to Darky's this eve. Gonna wait for a few days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

bandit197 wrote: »
    Still a few bugs in 9.4 to be ironed out yet according to addicted2088 over at darkysrom.com Post 266. Im on 2.2.1 stock was gonna flash to Darky's this eve. Gonna wait for a few days

No problems here, running sweet and snappy. Anyways you can upgrade to the next 9.5 in 10 mins without wipe should it appear, this is the first rom Darky recommended wipe as it uses a new kernel. This is my fourth Darkys rom, the first I've had to wipe for

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭AE86JAY

I dont want to drag it off topic but v9.2 was my first upgrade from standard samsung ROM and my god the difference is unreal like night and day, when you compare the 2 you wonder how can Samsung even release such a **** ROM, I've had 0 problems, have managed to get good battery life without compromising anything and just love my phone again, I'm actually nearly afraid to upgrade anymore now lol. BTW I never wiped for my first upgrade I dont think it would have made any difference does it???

AE86JAY wrote: »
    BTW I never wiped for my first upgrade I dont think it would have made any difference does it???

It always wipes automatically when coming from a stock rom to Darkys, the option is only there for Darky upgrades

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    It always wipes automatically when coming from a stock rom to Darkys, the option is only there for Darky upgrades
    It wiped txts and but not apps?

• Advertisement

It wiped txts and but not apps?

Then you didn't wipe, wipe will wipe all apps, you need to set wipe in Darkys configurator app before you reinstall it. Darkys configurator is an app that allows you pre-configure Darkys before it gets installed, it comes in Darkys and is also available on the market for anyone on a stock rom

Then you didn't wipe, wipe will wipe all apps, you need to set wipe in Darkys configurator app before you reinstall it. Darkys configurator is an app that allows you pre-configure Darkys before it gets installed, it comes in Darkys and is also available on the market for anyone on a stock rom
    Mine has been working perfect since and I didnt wipe?? confused?

Mine has been working perfect since and I didnt wipe?? confused?

Maybe so, but he said himself to wipe for this one as its a new Dark Voodoo kernel which is very big for a kernel
    http://www.darkyrom.com/community/index.php?threads/v9-4-stable.1672/page-3#post-17022

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭budgemook

Maybe so, but he said himself to wipe for this one as its a new Dark Voodoo kernel which is very big for a kernel
    http://www.darkyrom.com/community/index.php?threads/v9-4-stable.1672/page-3#post-17022

Herself I think :P

So it's a good idea to wipe for 9.4 and 9.4 has better battery is it?

This upgrading is addictive but I'm sick of wiping. If it means better battery then I might just do it one more time but that'll be that I'd say.

Mainly because it takes me ages to link back my contacts with facebook which is a feature I like. Also because I haven't found an application back up app that works well for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

budgemook wrote: »

So it's a good idea to wipe for 9.4 and 9.4 has better battery is it?

This upgrading is addictive but I'm sick of wiping. If it means better battery then I might just do it one more time but that'll be that I'd say.

Mainly because it takes me ages to link back my contacts with facebook which is a feature I like. Also because I haven't found an application back up app that works well for me.

Darky is a he. That's his girlfriend in the picture!

Yes he said to wipe for 9.4. I didn't and no problems so far. Battery life is much imprived on 9.3.

Try app monster or titanium backup to back up your apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

That's his GF in the pic. Darky is a him.

Damn beated to it.

TheTechGuy wrote: »

Yes he said to wipe for 9.4. I didn't and no problems so far. Battery life is much imprived on 9.3.

Ste- wrote: »
    That's his GF in the pic. Darky is a him.

Damn beated to it.

She's fairly hot. I guess creating Android ROMs is the way to go.

TheTechGuy wrote: »

Think I'll just try a no wipe upgrade via CWR

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Guys, you should take all this talk of Darkys over to the Darky thread to keep things cleaner. A lot of these questions have already been answered over there.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=71330412

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

She's fairly hot. I guess creating Android ROMs is the way to go.

bloody hell i always thought darky was a she.and i admired her more for all the work she does/did.as in look at the lovely girl doing all that mans work lol
    IM JOKING!!!
    but i was convinced she was a girl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 p4paddy07

Has there been a fix for the battery drain on the 2.2.1 update.I lost my phone a couple of weeks ago in Phibsborough area after i flashed to 2.2.1 i was only getting 12 hours from the battery so it was completely dead when i lost it.if it wasnt dead might have been able to find it through GPS.so have to get a new one but dont think i'll get the galaxy s unless there a fix for the terrible battery drain on 2.2.1.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,294 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

In the last few days, something seems to have happened with my external storage. All my music files seem to have disappeared. When I access the external SD from the file manager, the only folder that appears is 'Lost Dir'. None of the tracks in the music player will now play.

A lot oy my apps are on the SD and these are all working fine, even though I can't see them on the SD.

Any ideas what's wrong/what happened? I installed the card a few weeks ago-it's not a Chinese e-bay effort, and it was working fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gaffs89

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    In the last few days, something seems to have happened with my external storage. All my music files seem to have disappeared. When I access the external SD from the file manager, the only folder that appears is 'Lost Dir'. None of the tracks in the music player will now play.

A lot oy my apps are on the SD and these are all working fine, even though I can't see them on the SD.

Any ideas what's wrong/what happened? I installed the card a few weeks ago-it's not a Chinese e-bay effort, and it was working fine.

You may have unmounted your external sd card.Have you checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,294 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Gaffs89 wrote: »
    You may have unmounted your external sd card.Have you checked.

Nope, it's mounted ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Guys can you help?

I am on 2.2.1 and when I charge the phone, it tells me it is fully charged but when I unplug it, it is 97%

I have tried with 2 separate batteries. How can I get it to 100%?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

angel01 wrote: »
    Guys can you help?

I am on 2.2.1 and when I charge the phone, it tells me it is fully charged but when I unplug it, it is 97%

You can't. It's supposed to do that. Its a safety feature which prevents over charging of the battery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

angel01 wrote: »
    Guys can you help?

Let your phone run down completely, plug in and charge to 100%.
    Unplug phone from charger and power off the phone, plug charger in again, and charge until it displays 100% again.
    Turn phone back on, unplug charger (should drop to 97-99% again) plug charger back in, it should reach 100%.

Repeat these cycles a few times until phone battery does not drop from 100%.

There is a link earlier on this thread, on mobile so can't link it.
    O,r google bump charge/refresh battery stats galaxy s
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

Ghandee wrote: »
    Let your phone run down completely, plug in and charge to 100%.
    Unplug phone from charger and power off the phone, plug charger in again, and charge until it displays 100% again.
    Turn phone back on, unplug charger (should drop to 97-99% again) plug charger back in, it should reach 100%.

Repeat these cycles a few times until phone battery does not drop from 100%.

There is a link earlier on this thread, on mobile so can't link it.
    O,r google bump charge/refresh battery stats galaxy s
    :D

All this bump charging is a load of bollox, it might seem to work for a while but it does`nt last.
    I`ve done a few bump charges and only one did seem to work but it did`nt last, now my battery is good and depending on how long I leave the charger plugged in my battery would either drop to 98%/99% and some times stay on 100%, so ignore all of it and use your phone as normal and it will improve, that`s one method I know works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

G1032 wrote: »
    You can't. It's supposed to do that. Its a safety feature which prevents over charging of the battery.

It didn't do that on 2.2 :(:( It worked fine before I upgraded to 2.2.1 and now this is annoying me, I want to get the phone to 100%. I have downloaded the calibrator thing and will give that a go tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

If you unplug your charger just as it reaches 100% it will most likely drop to 97-98%, but if you leave it in for about 20-30 minutes after it will probably stay at 100% for a while.

Advertisement