Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 neesheen

Hi All,

I bought the Samsung Galaxy S in September and I still can't figure out how to download my photos to my laptop. Each time I connect the photo to the laptop a message comes up saying the driver software is not installed.....but I can't figure out how to install it. I've tried everything and nothing is working.

Please help!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭happy_73

hi all,

Looking for a bit of help.

Rooted my SGS with voodoo and when doing the file system conversion on reboot it just went into a loop. Tried to do a factory reset but the file system but the FS for fecked.

Downloaded I9000XXJPU from http://www.samfirmware.com and installed... got my SGS back up and running but now I can't connect to the 3G network, only GSM for phone/text working, but no data.

Any ideas?
    thanks in advance
    S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

happy_73 wrote: »
    hi all,

Looking for a bit of help.

Rooted my SGS with voodoo and when doing the file system conversion on reboot it just went into a loop. Tried to do a factory reset but the file system but the FS for fecked.

Downloaded I9000XXJPU from http://www.samfirmware.com and installed... got my SGS back up and running but now I can't connect to the 3G network, only GSM for phone/text working, but no data.

Any ideas?
    thanks in advance
    S

Here ya go

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/detail/configurePhonePopup.do

gpjordanf1... YOU DA MAN!

S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

happy_73 wrote: »
    gpjordanf1... YOU DA MAN!

S

No bother!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭funnyname

I have the latest version of Kies however I get the following message when I try to update the firmware on my phone, see attached doc for message.

Anyone got any ideas

Thanks

Martin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

@happy_73 - let us know how you get on with JPU and in particular the battery life!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Hi all,

Does anyone know of an application which automatically switches off Bluetooth and 3G data when the phone is connected to a wi-fi network and visa versa i.e. automatically switches on bluetooth and 3g data whenever the phone isn't connected to a wi-fi network? I tried Autoteeth http://www.androidzoom.com/android_applications/tools/autoteeth_gtbe.html and it worked well for a while (doesn't turn off 3G though) but recently it's become very irratic and I've uninstalled it. Recommendations anyone?

Also, can anyone tell me or point me to information on whether or not Automatic Task Killers help or hinder things with Froyo on board? It's designed to save the battery but I've read that in fact it drains the battery becuase the phone already has a task killing funtion running in the background??

I have "Automatic Task Killer" installed and I have it configured to kill everything except a few key apps which really shouldn't (IMHO) be 'killed' when the screen locks e.g. the clock!! I set the clock stopwatch to time a match, put the phone away and a few minutes later I wanted to see how far the match had progressed only to find the clock 'dead' i.e. no longer running the stopwatch. I can only assume it was killed off when the screen locked hence I tell Automatic Task Killer to keep it and a few other apps open if they are running when the screen locks.

Help anyone?

Ben

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

i upgraded to froyo 2.2 and since that, all the network coverage I can get is WIFI. i.e I cant get 3G anymore?

Anyone have idea how to switch this back on?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

i upgraded to froyo 2.2 and since that, all the network coverage I can get is WIFI. i.e I cant get 3G anymore?

Anyone have idea how to switch this back on?

Did you upgrade using the operators firmware update of 2.2 or your own download? (as in custom rom) What network are you with?

• Advertisement

god's toy wrote: »
    Did you upgrade using the operators firmware update of 2.2 or your own download? (as in custom rom) What network are you with?

the folks in vodafone updated it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Hmmm ok so that should be fine so.

Have you done a hard reset?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Got the official upgrade to Froyo via Kies for 3 Ireland last week, plug phone into Kies this evening and it now tells me this version can be upgraded too:eek::eek::eek:

Talk about a feast or a famine lol, Nothing for AAAGES, Then 2 x upgrades (official ones too!) in the space of a week???

Anyone know what the new upgrade is like?

Current Version = PDA JG3
    lastest Version = PDA JP5

does ANYONE know how to turn off the tone thats goes off when the battery gets fully charged??????

god's toy wrote: »
    Hmmm ok so that should be fine so.

Have you done a hard reset?

got it sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

does ANYONE know how to turn off the tone thats goes off when the battery gets fully charged??????

Some advice here.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=9653894#post9653894

and here.
    http://www.samsunggalaxysforum.com/index.php?topic=422.0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Did you go into a vodafone store and ask them to do it? That would be great as Kies is wrecking my f*%$*€g head.

Please tell me they could do it there and then, and they didn't have to send it away somewhere

@happy_73 - let us know how you get on with JPU and in particular the battery life!

Are there issues with the battery life under JPU?

If for arguments sake I wanted to change my SGS back to the vodafone android 2.2 via KIES, how would I best go about it?

Current version
    PDA: JPO / PHONE: JPP / CSC:JPO

Thanks,
    S

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

This may be a bit of a silly question but what are the differences between JG1/2 and JP and etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Finally on Froyo! whoooo :D (I am late to the party as always!! ;))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

i tried to update to froyo via kies but it tell's me that my fone is up to date
    any idea's

i tried updating kies but it said that was fine too

moggser wrote: »
    i tried to update to froyo via kies but it tell's me that my fone is up to date
    any idea's

i tried updating kies but it said that was fine too

What network are you with?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 gneoh

angel01 wrote: »
    Finally on Froyo! whoooo :D (I am late to the party as always!! ;))
    angel, did u upgrade through kies.....is the jp1/2 version solved?:)

gneoh wrote: »
    angel, did u upgrade through kies.....is the jp1/2 version solved?:)

I upgraded through Kies, I was on the JG firmware I think, I am all sorted and now Froyo'd :D

I have the build number : FROYO:NEJP5 now :)

What network are you with?

with Meteor :)

with Meteor :)

Ah ok, if you go to settings and about phone what version of firmware do you have?

its 2.1 -update1

its 2.1 -update1

You will have to contact Meteor to see when they will upgrade you, we had to pester 3 for ages to sort it, thankfully it is worth the wait!

You will have to contact Meteor to see when they will upgrade you, we had to pester 3 for ages to sort it, thankfully it is worth the wait!

ok ill try that or dp ya think if i lamp in a 0screw sim card that it might update?

or should i just wait till we get gingerbread

and seeing that you got the froyo whats the new change's shoul o bother with it?

• Advertisement

ok ill try that or dp ya think if i lamp in a 0screw sim card that it might update?

or should i just wait till we get gingerbread

and seeing that you got the froyo whats the new change's shoul o bother with it?

So far, it has made the phone very quick, and a few extra changes and the task manager is well worth it.. so glad to have the task manager!!

when i installed it, first I had no service with 3, restarted and all good.. glad all my apps were still there! :) The phone is definately a hell of a lot faster... shall try typing on it now...

Advertisement