Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭nursextreme

angel01 wrote: »
    Finally on Froyo! whoooo :D (I am late to the party as always!! ;))

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Have it on my Galaxy a week now, fantastic, surfing the web beautifully, free sky sports 123, sky news, battery is also up to full whack. Delighted I went for this phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Have it on my Galaxy a week now, fantastic, surfing the web beautifully, free sky sports 123, sky news, battery is also up to full whack. Delighted I went for this phone.

It has really made a difference so far... can't get over how fast it is now!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

i was on to meteor and surprise sur ****ing prise they dont have a clue what they are talking about

ive nothing on record about the update and you will have to ring samsung Ireland to resolve this and i got a brain dead operator on the fone

so im presuming Kies is ****ed or the fact that my fone is sim free is whats causing the prob

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭crimsonfire

Uuummm so I finally got the 2.2 update and now my phone won't boot up properly!!!

It gets stuck on the shiny Galaxy S screen and vibrates every minute or so. I tried a hard reset, I tried taking out the battery and turning it back on but it still won't work!!!!

Im f**king panicking here!

Uuummm so I finally got the 2.2 update and now my phone won't boot up properly!!!

It gets stuck on the shiny Galaxy S screen and vibrates every minute or so. I tried a hard reset, I tried taking out the battery and turning it back on but it still won't work!!!!

Im f**king panicking here!

Mine did that, did you take the USB cable out? Mine eventually came back on.. and I had to restart it twice (as first time couldn't make calls!)

• Advertisement

Yeah I took out the USB when it was finished upgrading. This is very stupid. Isn't an upgrade meant to make something work better?

As of yet it still hasn't done anything other than buzz sporadically. Did you have to reboot it a few times?

Yeah I took out the USB when it was finished upgrading. This is very stupid. Isn't an upgrade meant to make something work better?

As of yet it still hasn't done anything other than buzz sporadically. Did you have to reboot it a few times?

I freaked at first because it wouldn't appear with the homescreen, then it worked (but then no calls would work so I restarted and all ok since then)

What network are you with?

3. I'm not even getting as far as the home screen. Its very unsettling. The glowing galaxy s logo just stays there for like two minutes and then the screen goes blank.

I've rebooted it about 4 times now and nothing is happening. I'm afraid something might be very wrong.

3. I'm not even getting as far as the home screen. Its very unsettling. The glowing galaxy s logo just stays there for like two minutes and then the screen goes blank.

I've rebooted it about 4 times now and nothing is happening. I'm afraid something might be very wrong.

I would drop over to the 3 section of boards, Patrick is on right now:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1367

Doesn't sound too good, mine did that, the screen went off and I just left it and it came back luckily.

Yeah hopefully it'll just sort itself out. Its sitting on the desk vibrating every so often so something is happening I hope.

OK! Huge sigh of relief. Went into recovery mode and did a factory reset and all is right with the world. Now I begin the unenviable task of setting up all my accounts again, reinstalling apps and getting my homescreens the way I like them again. Gah!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

how u get skysports??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

There's a link on the My3 home page...
    how u get skysports??

Only irritant in 2.2 so far is how do you stop that frigging media scanner continuously searching...

"Disable Media Scanning on Boot & Scan Media on Demand" linky :D

Not straight forward, but possible!

Btw, I've only ever noticed it scanning on boot up?

Since 2.2, I don't like the keyboard at all, which ones would you recommend (in a similar style to the stock one, dont want a swype style)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Since 2.2, I don't like the keyboard at all, which ones would you recommend (in a similar style to the stock one, dont want a swype style)

I've been a big user of swype for a while and that suits me fine some times, but others I want two handed (thumbed) text input and I use SwiftKey. I'm still on the 1 month free trial, i think €4 after that, which might be worth it.

I'll see how it is in a month basically!

I've been a big user of swype for a while and that suits me fine some times, but others I want two handed (thumbed) text input and I use SwiftKey. I'm still on the 1 month free trial, i think €4 after that, which might be worth it.

I'll see how it is in a month basically!

I think you are a lifesaver, swiftkey works really well. Thank you!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

I just tried to download Skype for Android to my Galaxy S and it said that the phone doesn't support it. Is that the case for other people? Have Skype not gotten around to having a version for this phone yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Miss Fluff wrote: »
    I just tried to download Skype for Android to my Galaxy S and it said that the phone doesn't support it. Is that the case for other people? Have Skype not gotten around to having a version for this phone yet?

Are you on 3, they skype clinet works, you can get it from planet 3 not the android marketplace

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

does debranding the fone make it run faster like getting rid of all the samsung shiite thats on there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Note: Does not work on 2.1 but is fine on 2.2

Downloaded and works fime on mine.. both the 3 and main Skype versions

Appers to be an official update for XEU product codes. Version number is 2.2.1 JPX.

Just downloading now through KIES. Will update on how I get on.

Edit: So far so good. No problems to report. My Market has been updated - it updated about half way through re-installing all my apps.
    After a fair bit of use in the last 3 or 4 hours, it's at 86%. Extremely happy with that!

Edit 2: Overall the phone feels very snappy. The browser definitely seems faster. Contacts now has all letters A-Z down the side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

It has really made a difference so far... can't get over how fast it is now!! :D

can you tell me what you did that has made that difference? 2.2.1? or just 2.2

i have 2.2

i9000xxjpp

froyo.xwjpa

thanks.

Are you on 3, they skype clinet works, you can get it from planet 3 not the android marketplace

Am on O2:(

god's toy wrote: »
    Note: Does not work on 2.1 but is fine on 2.2

Downloaded and works fime on mine.. both the 3 and main Skype versions

Are 2.1 and 2.2 different versions of the phone?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

Appers to be an official update for XEU product codes. Version number is 2.2.1 JPX.

Just downloading now through KIES. Will update on how I get on.

Edit: So far so good. No problems to report. My Market has been updated - it updated about half way through re-installing all my apps.
    After a fair bit of use in the last 3 or 4 hours, it's at 86%. Extremely happy with that!

Edit 2: Overall the phone feels very snappy. The browser definitely seems faster. Contacts now has all letters A-Z down the side.

Hi Guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I've rooted my phone and applied OCLF. In order for me to upgrade to 2.2.1, will i have to unroot and undo OCLF.

I'm on meteor 2.2, XXJPP or XWJPA, whichever is relavent:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Are 2.1 and 2.2 different versions of the phone?:confused:

Same phone, but different software (also known as firmware) versions. 2.2 is the latest one, you can check which version you have with the software that comes with the phone called "Kies" and check if you need to upgrade or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I updated via Odin a while back. Now running JP7 with no 3 branding. The CSC file for 3IE was not available when I was updating

Plugged into Kies there and it was showing no update available.

Any ideas?

@Rowley... meet my friend Kies Registry Patcher :-) (Usual warning applies!) - I selected XEU to update.

@itsnotmyfault - it's recommended you have to undo root and OCLF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

All,

My official 2.2 Vodafone phone has developed a very annoying issue over the last two days. When locked it shows the missed calles Jigsaw piece but when I move it to the "gap" to unlock the phone it opens fine but when it locks again it still shows the missed call jigsaw icon and is accumulating the number of missed calls. After two days it's saying I have 9 missed calls!!

When I look on the drop down menu from the top of the homescreen it show the number of missed calls but when I click on that it doesn't list out the missed calls. It does look like it tries to launch them but fails and just reverts to the home screen.

I'm running Dialer One instead of the stock dialer and that's all I can think of which could be affecting it but I've had Dialer One for weeks and missed calls have not been a problem previously.

I've tried doing batter pulls but when the phone re-boots it is still holding 9 missed calls in memory and displaying them on the locked screen.

Really annoyed by this now.

Any ideas?

Ben

Advertisement