Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Anyone ever get 'Warning Camera Failed'.

From a quick google it seems fairly serious. Strangely enough the video still records fine so it's definitely not a hardware issue.

Factory reset didn't help.

Oh, and it's only since I upgraded to Froyo via Odin that it's happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭KennyLegend

I just got this phone on Friday, I had them upgrade me from a H1 which wasn't doing as it should. I am lucky to get a day out of the battery, how do the rest of you get on

It takes.1-2 wks for the battery to come to life. It needs to be cycled more than half a dozen times for it to come up. Ive mine a week now and its starting to get a lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Since updating to Froyo the USB Settings option isn't in the About Phone menu (which was a stupid place to put it in the first place), can anyone tell me where it's gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Since updating to Froyo the USB Settings option isn't in the About Phone menu (which was a stupid place to put it in the first place), can anyone tell me where it's gone?

Wireless and networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

JustinOval wrote: »
    Wireless and networks.

Ah, that makes a bot more sense. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

returned my 26 day old galaxy s phone. could nt open business cards. was getting texts from "mary" then when they opened they were from "john". also freezing esp when using the internet.
    returned it to the phone shop 5 days ago , waiting to hear from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Chrizfitz

Love my SGS so want to future proof it and buy a few batteries. Anyone bought any official 1's off of reputable sources? Any links would be appreciated.

My friend got a few knock off for my bday but they have already lost their charge.

Anyone seen/used 1 of these? Or these?

Really not into the latter. Turns my phone into a fat mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

returned my 26 day old galaxy s phone. could nt open business cards. was getting texts from "mary" then when they opened they were from "john". also freezing esp when using the internet.

I had that problem on my unlocked SGS, but on my Three branded one, that doesnt happen. I have got problems trying to root this one. I really need the lag fix as it is intolerable.

Swings and roundabouts I suppose :-/

What network, or shop? Mine is back in it's box, and will stay there until I sell it. Using a HTC Desire instead.

What network, or shop? Mine is back in it's box, and will stay there until I sell it. Using a HTC Desire instead.

vodafone mahon point. very unimpressed with vodafone overall. customer service is brutal.

• Advertisement

vodafone mahon point. very unimpressed with vodafone overall. customer service is brutal.

Ive had good experiences with them....each to their own i suppose

Chrizfitz wrote: »
    Love my SGS so want to future proof it and buy a few batteries. Anyone bought any official 1's off of reputable sources? Any links would be appreciated.

My friend got a few knock off for my bday but they have already lost their charge.

Anyone seen/used 1 of these? Or these?

Really not into the latter. Turns my phone into a fat mess.

They look like a good idea. The 3000mah might actually give the phone a better feel.
    Personally think it feels a bit thin and flimsy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Chrizfitz wrote: »

I ordered one from amazon. Bought 2 genuine Nokia batteries from them before and they were very good (and cheap).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-EB575152VUC-Original-Battery-Galaxy/dp/B003UWZ6M2/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1291156878&sr=8-8

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Hi,

I'm currently in the process of moving to my first bill pay plan. I' just wondering which phone would be better to get, the Galaxy S or the HTC Desire?

I would mainly be using it for internet, music, radio and a few applications. Camera quality isn't overly important.

Also, what is meant by having 2GB of Internet included is part of my plan? Is this the amount of usage I am allowed monthly? And would this be enough to cover my monthly usage (facebook and a small bit of browsing daily)?

Thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Hi, I'm currently in the process of moving to my first bill pay plan. I' just wondering which phone would be better to get, the Galaxy S or the HTC Desire?

I just got a Samsung Galaxy, so I am biased but to be honest the HTC Desire is the same phone, same software (maybe the screen is not as good). But in terms of using the phone - they are really the same.
    I would mainly be using it for internet, music, radio and a few applications. Camera quality isn't overly important.

Just have to say my Samsung Galaxy has no flash for the camera. My only complaint with the phone, as I had a Nokia 5800 before this and that phone had a great flash.
    Also, what is meant by having 2GB of Internet included is part of my plan? Is this the amount of usage I am allowed monthly? And would this be enough to cover my monthly usage (facebook and a small bit of browsing daily)?

Probably, you should learn to turn off things like checking email all the time , and background downloads that can use up your allowance. I am on a 5Gb plan and am not close to it or will be I reckon.

TheUsual wrote: »
    I just got a Samsung Galaxy, so I am biased but to be honest the HTC Desire is the same phone, same software (maybe the screen is not as good). But in terms of using the phone - they are really the same.

They're not. I have both, but the Galaxy hasn't come out of it's box in over a week now.
    The Desire UI is much nicer to use IMHO, and you'd be very hard pushed to spot any difference in the screens, although mine is AMOLED - I haven't seen the S-LCD up close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 dub30

what is 2.2 Froyo? firmware?

dub30 wrote: »
    what is 2.2 Froyo? firmware?

Yes. The latest version of Android, with Flash, it's faster and has a few other changes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 dub30

Yes. The latest version of Android, with Flash, it's faster and has a few other changes.

I have firmware 2.1-update1 im on emobile,how do you update and should I?

also what is "rooted" i saw that somewhere in this tread

It should be available to e-mobile already... but I can't remember how to check your product code on a Galaxy..

Don't worry about rooting, if you don't know what it is, you don't need it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Check your product code using (works on Froyo):

*#272*Your imei number#*

Ive had good experiences with them....each to their own i suppose

just to clarifiy , mahon point staff are good its the vodafone customer care team that i think are shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Popsy

Hey Guys,

I've been trying to send picture messages since I got my Samsung Galaxy with emobile but its not happening. I've rang the help desk and they gave me the set up info but its still not working.

would anyone be able to tell me or direct me towards the correct setup information for MMS with emobile.

Thanks a million

Popsy did you try restarting your phone?

Make sure you don't have two MMS APNs set up.

I'm sure you've looked on the emobile site but here's the settings again:

- Name: eMobile MMS
    - APN: mms.eircom.ie
    - Authentication: None
    - Home Page: http://mms.eircom.ie
    - Data Bearer: Packet Data
    - Network Type: IPv4
    - Proxy Server ID: 010.085.085.085
    - Proxy Port Number: 8799
    - Username: my
    - Password: mms

*Before you can receive a picture message, you first need to send one in order to activate the MMS functionality on your phone.
    This will differ on different phone models.

Thanks BearNecessities,

Thats still not working. I might have to call into an emobile store, I have to be doing something wrong.

I dont have any of the following on my menu:
    - Authentication: None
    - Home Page: http://mms.eircom.ie
    - Data Bearer: Packet Data
    - Network Type: IPv4

I have:
    Name
    APN
    Proxy
    Port
    Username
    Password
    Server
    MMSC
    MMS Proxy
    MMS Port
    MCC
    MNC
    Auth Type
    APN Type

Sorry for all the questions, I'm a complete novice

Delete the current MMS settings and check that your WAP/GPRS APN doesn't have MMS settings set as well. Than add a new MMS APN using the following:

Name: eMobile MMS
    APN: mms.eircom.ie
    Proxy: 010.085.085.085
    Port: 8799
    Username: my
    Password: mms
    Server: http://mms.eircom.ie
    MMSC: http://mms.eircom.ie
    MMS Proxy: 010.085.085.085
    MMS Port: 8799
    MCC: 272
    MNC: 03
    Authentication Type: PAP
    APN Type: mms

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Popsy wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

I've been trying to send picture messages since I got my Samsung Galaxy with emobile but its not happening. I've rang the help desk and they gave me the set up info but its still not working.

would anyone be able to tell me or direct me towards the correct setup information for MMS with emobile.

Thanks a million

I'm having the same problem on 3. Do people here on 3 have two APNs for internet and MMS or just one?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 osotogari

Anyone having issues with the music player since upfrading to 2.2? If i pause a song for a significant length of time the music player quits. It also auto pauses sometimes.

I have two. Both working. Think I posted up a pseudo screenshot recently. Couldn't get a single APN working for both Data and MMS

Edit: When you change any of the settings, make sure to 'save' them.
    I'm having the same problem on 3. Do people here on 3 have two APNs for internet and MMS or just one?

• Advertisement

Delete the current MMS settings and check that your WAP/GPRS APN doesn't have MMS settings set as well. Than add a new MMS APN using the following:

Name: eMobile MMS
    APN: mms.eircom.ie
    Proxy: 010.085.085.085
    Port: 8799
    Username: my
    Password: mms
    Server: http://mms.eircom.ie
    MMSC: http://mms.eircom.ie
    MMS Proxy: 010.085.085.085
    MMS Port: 8799
    MCC: 272
    MNC: 03
    Authentication Type: PAP
    APN Type: mms

Again thanks so much for this. I appreciate your help :)

Advertisement