Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

Also, anybody got any recommendations for a protective cover for the Galaxy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

You can sync them over wifi for 'free'. :)

You can sync them over wifi for 'free'. :)

Looking for wifi stuff on Galaxy now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Dionysus wrote: »

I have the Gel cover, cheap and practical.

http://stores.ebay.ie/MobiTech-Mobile-Products/SAMSUNG-CASES-/_i.html?_fsub=1877110010&_sid=179699660&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

Oops! I now have each contact from every gmail I've sent in the past few years in my 'contacts' list. How do I reverse this?

All I want to do is put all my telephone contacts to gmail. I also want to set the phone up so I can receive my gmail. But I want to keep my gmail email contacts separate from the telephone contacts on the phone (the vast majority of the gmail contacts I have no contact with anymore).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

moggser wrote: »
    how yis

i cant receive mms message from any one when i get them i dont get a alert like a text buit it will bein the conversation list as a downloadable item and it wont down load

im with meteor and they have no settings to send despite them having the fone on the network so here is what i tried

i entered the apn as data.mymeteor.ie and left the apn type as internet+mms
    so that only ives me data use only

and when i switch the apn to mms.meteor.ie and apn type to internet+mms and i can only get mms and no data usage is there any way to use both at same time?

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Is there anyway to stop Launcher Pro rotating the home screen while retaining auto-rotation for other applications/screens?

Has anyone managed to get Youtube remote to work?

Cheers.

Oops! I now have each contact from every gmail I've sent in the past few years in my 'contacts' list. How do I reverse this?

All I want to do is put all my telephone contacts to gmail. I also want to set the phone up so I can receive my gmail. But I want to keep my gmail email contacts separate from the telephone contacts on the phone (the vast majority of the gmail contacts I have no contact with anymore).

Edit them here -

http://www.google.com/contacts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

fransdev wrote: »
    Another way around this is just update your Kies to the latest version and download this little piece of software from xda http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=835628 and away your Kies will go and update your SGS. I am also on 3 and it works like a charm. (by the way I already updated to Froyo JPK before through Odin) After the "official" update by Kies I am on JPO. :D If you got problems just PM me and I am more than willing to meet up and do it for you, no charge.

What did you spoof the product code as to get it to update? My SGS is not rooted but I really want to get flash working (ie froyo) tonight if I can. Im on 3 (JPG)

Edit: Im trying the backup option of XEU and spoofing JF3. Upgrade is granted now. Fingers crossed.

JustinOval wrote: »

OK, prior to reading that I went into 'Contacts' clicked 'Menu' then 'Display Options' and there it gives you four options. So, under 'Choose Contacts to Display', I clicked 'Phone' and unclicked 'SIM' and 'Google'. That way my Galaxy contacts got back to normal (but if I want an email address I can just click 'Google' again)

However, I want to store the 190 phone number/contacts, which are now on my Galaxy, on to my Gmail contact list just in case I lose the phone. By storing these with Gmail I surmise that when I get a new phone I could import the contact numbers very quickly from Gmail. Would you know the quickest way I could do this?

• Advertisement

Not sure, I started with a fresh SIM and set up my Google contacts manually.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

TheUsual wrote: »
    Model Number : GT-I9000

Firmware Version : 2.2

Baseband Version : I9000XXJPP

Kernal Version : 2.6.32.9 root@SE-S608 #1

Build Number : FROYO.XWJPA

Model : GTI9000
    Firmware: 2.2
    Basebank I9000XXJPP
    Kernal: 2.6.32.9, root@SE-S608 #1
    Build FROYO.XWJPA

Also to note, I upgraded mine via Kies _100 earlier in the week. I then went to upgrade the missus today and I had to upgrade to _102 before Kies would recognise the Firmware Upgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Is there anyway to stop Launcher Pro rotating the home screen while retaining auto-rotation for other applications/screens?
    Cheers.

On Home screen hit menu key>Preferences>Behaviour> and un-check auto rotate. This in only for the home screens.

Having more trouble downloading an MMS. I hit the download button on the message and nothing happened except a greyed out "Downloading" message.

I was on to three and changed around the settings so that it should work but I'm left with the greyed out option and when I click on it I get an option to view message information. Any help?

Tried sending an MMS and it appeared to work but still can't retrieve those received by me earlier. Is there a way to mark the message as unread and start the process of downloading it again?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Is the gel cover good? i.e. has it a nice snug fit? not too bulky?
    I bought a cheap silicone gel cover a couple of weeks ago but it was too loose, far too bulky and the cover gripped to absolutely everything (it was impossible to get it in and out of the pocket of my jeans).

Rowley, do you have a sinlge APN for GPRS and MMS?

I have two seperate APNs, one for GPRS and one for MMS. Might be worth a shot. I'm using the MMS settings as per the Samsung config page (See my sig). Didn't change any of the settings, and I've MMS working without problems.

Remember you'll need to change your current APN from internet+MMS to just internet.

Is the gel cover good? i.e. has it a nice snug fit? not too bulky?
    I bought a cheap silicone gel cover a couple of weeks ago but it was too loose, far too bulky and the cover gripped to absolutely everything (it was impossible to get it in and out of the pocket of my jeans).

Yeah, once fitted I forgot it was there, my only gripe would be with the extra effort required to use the power button. Silicone is a nightmare, I had one on my Desire for all of 2 minutes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Yeah, once fitted I forgot it was there, my only gripe would be with the extra effort required to use the power button. Silicone is a nightmare, I had one on my Desire for all of 2 minutes.

I've a Gel one for my Galaxy too. I'd second JustinOval there. Silicone makes your super fancy phone look like a cheap knock off.
    Gel is pretty unobtrusive (and shiny).
    The power button on mine is a bit of a pain to hit also, but I found out the home button turns on the screen and it goes to sleep after 20 seconds of not pressing anything so I rarely need the power button.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Lads, sorry fort the noob question.
    I use to be able to end calls using the power button on my phone.

Can't seem to find where to enable it again though via settings, anyone any ideas please?

Does anybody know how to sort the list of apps in the applications list?

I like the grid view but you can't find stuff once you've installed a pile of apps as it's listed in the order of install.

I know you can make the view list by hitting the menu button but it'd be nice to get the apps in a proper sorted grid like you can have on the most other models.

• Advertisement

Rowley, do you have a sinlge APN for GPRS and MMS?

I have two seperate APNs, one for GPRS and one for MMS. Might be worth a shot. I'm using the MMS settings as per the Samsung config page (See my sig). Didn't change any of the settings, and I've MMS working without problems.

Remember you'll need to change your current APN from internet+MMS to just internet.

Will give it a try. Do you have to switch your APN so when receiving/sending an MMS?

I'm getting an error message aswell now when I drop out of 3G coverage saying that I have lost data connectivity because roaming is disabled.

Previously it just dropped out and stayed quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

I got this one. Highly recommended. Its very snug and high quality feel to it.

No, I don't have to switch.

I also get that warning message when I disable roaming.
    But normally I have data roaming enabled anyway because I'm on '3' and the phone recognises 2G (vodafone) as me roaming.

I wasn't able to figure how to do this with the stock launcher. I've now installed Launcher Pro Free from the market and it does this. I particularly like the '3D drawer' view. :)
    Does anybody know how to sort the list of apps in the applications list?

I've a Gel one for my Galaxy too. I'd second JustinOval there. Silicone makes your super fancy phone look like a cheap knock off.
    Gel is pretty unobtrusive (and shiny).
    The power button on mine is a bit of a pain to hit also, but I found out the home button turns on the screen and it goes to sleep after 20 seconds of not pressing anything so I rarely need the power button.

Ah, something sadly lacking on the Desire, and it took me while to cop that* on the Galaxy. :D

*I didn't spot it at all, my O/H did. :o

*I didn't spot it at all, my O/H did. :o

Yeah I didn't notice it either until I had the Gel cover on it for about a week. :D

I wasn't able to figure how to do this with the stock launcher. I've now installed Launcher Pro Free from the market and it does this. I particularly like the '3D drawer' view. :)

I had Launcher Pro running but after a couple of weeks the phone went laggy (I have the OCLF installed). I thought it was the phone but since I went back to TouchWiz the phone is responsive again.

I love the options in LauncherPro too but my phone doesn't like it and I can't figure out why so I'm stuck with TouchWiz :mad:

Ah... have you tried this Although I wouldn't fancy losing my home screen settings each time.

Ah... have you tried this Although I wouldn't fancy losing my home screen settings each time.

Thanks for that. I'll try that. It's not something I'd be doing that often. I've 9 app screens so it's worth it when it gets that messy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

For those that find the cover impedes the Power button...

http://www.appbrain.com/app/lockscreen/com.blogspot.androidinspain.LockScreen

Advertisement