Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

RE: voodoo - http://project-voodoo.org/color

I did notice that odd effect around text, almost a drop shadow, good to see there's a fix. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I wonder why mine has this working but yours isn't. Both were 3 branded. Odd.
    JustinOval wrote: »
    Cheers. Will do, need a 3BR fix first... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

It seems to be 1 in 3 affected, no pattern..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Just got a Galaxy S two days ago and I love it, updated it to 2.2 immediately and am interested in Voodoo after having a quick look as the odd time the phone can be a bit slow even without anything running.

Anything else I should have a peek at to improve the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭budgemook

Is the time on anyones phone wrong?
    I'm vodafone and it's set to auto. It's one hour fast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 avchenko

hey.

tried to upgrade to froyo 3 times already. no luck so far.
    kies gives msg i can upgrade, im going through all steps and stuck on downloading binary files. farest i got was almost middle of a bar; and says: server unavailable... please check ur connection.
    I read on forums that should take 10 mins, half hr when slower connections. Although im using mobile BB its never been so slow/uneffective as in that case.
    On one of these formus says there shouldnt be any other USB devices connected (my modem does use it though). Could that be the problem?

ANY IDEAS? HELP please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

budgemook wrote: »
    Is the time on anyones phone wrong?
    I'm vodafone and it's set to auto. It's one hour fast
    My vodafone time is ok

My vodafone time is ok

Haha, weird. Still can't figure out if I was in work on time today, thought I was late at the time but not sure now

avchenko wrote: »
    hey.

tried to upgrade to froyo 3 times already. no luck so far.
    kies gives msg i can upgrade, im going through all steps and stuck on downloading binary files. farest i got was almost middle of a bar; and says: server unavailable... please check ur connection.
    I read on forums that should take 10 mins, half hr when slower connections. Although im using mobile BB its never been so slow/uneffective as in that case.
    On one of these formus says there shouldnt be any other USB devices connected (my modem does use it though). Could that be the problem?

ANY IDEAS? HELP please

Try with proper broadband mate

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Updated to Froyo last night .... all done and dusted in under 20mins via Kies!

Liking a lot of the new features and just downloaded and installed Chrome to Phone a few minutes ago.

One thing I don't like is I seem to be unable to open the "notifications" tab from the home screen by dragging it down from the top of the home screen.
    Instead I now have to hit the menu button and then the notifications tab.

Am I doing something wrong here or is it the same for everyone else? :confused:

• Advertisement

Heroditas wrote: »
    Updated to Froyo last night .... all done and dusted in under 20mins via Kies!

Liking a lot of the new features and just downloaded and installed Chrome to Phone a few minutes ago.

One thing I don't like is I seem to be unable to open the "notifications" tab from the home screen by dragging it down from the top of the home screen.
    Instead I now have to hit the menu button and then the notifications tab.

Am I doing something wrong here or is it the same for everyone else? :confused:

Hmm, works for me :confused: Have you tried restarting it?

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Hmm, works for me :confused: Have you tried restarting it?

Thanks! That did the trick! :o:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 brianw

tried everything to get kies to work, including factory reset, format sd, unmount sd, driver fixes etc etc.
    trawled forums for 3 days lokin for solutions. still no joy.
    is it possible that some phones will just not do it?
    anyway seems ridiculous to me so i'll be on to vodafone for a replacement unless anyone here can shed some new light?

Just installed Voodoo 5, hoping it speeds it up a bit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

brianw wrote: »
    tried everything to get kies to work, including factory reset, format sd, unmount sd, driver fixes etc etc.
    anyway seems ridiculous to me so i'll be on to vodafone for a replacement unless anyone here can shed some new light?

Does anything happen when you connect your phone to your computer?
    Trying to connect?

Anyone having issues with Textdroid recently?
    It seems to have stopped working, despite me uninstalling and reinstalling it.
    It worked great for a while and was far better than Cabbage - Cabbage never seemed to work unless I was using Wifi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 brianw

DrZeuss wrote: »
    Does anything happen when you connect your phone to your computer?
    Trying to connect?

yeah MTP error
    i can use it in mass storage mode no prob

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭dermo1990

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Just installed Voodoo 5, hoping it speeds it up a bit :)

Already done it to mine....froyo definitely runs a fair bit faster now...nearly no lag worth mentioning except for a second or 2 on power up, but thats about it. there's an app that would make it easier by the way...its called one click lag fix 2.0, it should be the one by RyanZA

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

yeah MTP error
    i can use it in mass storage mode no prob

Did ya check for the long filename problem aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Does one click lag fix only work on rooted phones?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

I was in the same boat. Not sure what worked for me but I have Kies working now. I'd connect the phone and go to your device manager and then unistall everything that says Samsung (unless you have other samsung drivers?). Then switch your phone to USB debugging and reconnect. This install loads of different drivers.

Then I'd reformat the internal and external cards (backup first).

Kies will not work with launcherPro so if you have that you need to switch it off first.

Also I notice it's easier to connect to Kies if you connect the phone first and then start up Kies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Dbaby

Yeah I was expecting it for sure today. Some guy emailed samsung and got this response: We've checked with Samsung and they've informed us that there are issues with your currently version of Android 2.1 Éclair being recognised by the update server.

Thats for the PDA:JFB/PHONE:JF5/CSC:OXX version.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭salutations

Heroditas wrote: »
    Anyone having issues with Textdroid recently?
    It seems to have stopped working, despite me uninstalling and reinstalling it.
    It worked great for a while and was far better than Cabbage - Cabbage never seemed to work unless I was using Wifi.

Ive had probs with it too on galaxy s. For me only works with wifi, always get error msg when used on 3g. And now occaisionally it fails on wifi too. Cabbage wasnt as user friendly so i uninstalled it.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭smurra3

delynet wrote: »
    @smurra3 - You can get your phone into download mode by following the guide in the video. You come to a point where in a DOS window you run 'adb reboot download'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_w_1TNixQ4

Thanks for that.
    The 3 button boot won't work for me.
    I've checked around and it seems some SGS can be done this way and some can't.
    And i didn't even try the odin thing as i would still need to be able to put the phone into download mode, again the 3 button boot gets in the way:(

Good news tho.
    I did a factory reset and now 2.2 is working fine.
    I backed up all my apps using "Astro" and reinstalled them but sadly it didn't save any of the data in them.:mad:
    Now i have to start Angry birds all over again.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

longshanks wrote: »
    Does one click lag fix only work on rooted phones?

One Click Lag Fix includes a thingie (technical term) to root your phone.
    However, a lot more than "one click" is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭smurra3

Oh oh
    2.2 may cost me a fortune now i have flash.:eek:
    http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/rush-poker-mobile

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

One Click Lag Fix includes a thingie (technical term) to root your phone.
    However, a lot more than "one click" is needed.

Are we talking three or four clicks, or a degree in computer science?

Am I imagining things or does the phone charge MUCH quicker with FROYO (on USB).....?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

longshanks wrote: »
    Are we talking three or four clicks, or a degree in computer science?

LOL The former. AFAICR the instructions are slightly lacking. Google up how to put your phone into recovery mode first (3 button trick)

Advertisement