Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

It doesn't seem like I'm able to send picture messages. I go through the following steps which are straighforward but invariably get the message that the photo is too large and needs compressing.:confused: Any ideas? Thanks

Send a multimedia message
    1.In Idle mode, open the application list and select Messaging → New message.
    .2.Select Contacts.
    You can enter a number manually or select one from the recent recipients or contact groups by selecting another button.
    .3.Select the check boxes next to contacts and select Add.
    When you enter an email address, the device will convert the message as a multimedia message.
    .4.Select Type to compose and enter your message text. To insert emoticons, press [ ] → Insert smiley.
    .5.Press [ ] → Attach → an option and add an item. You can select a file from the file list or create a new photo, video, or sound.
    .6.Press [ ] → Add subject and add a subject for the message.
    .7.Select Send to send the message.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

So just updated to Froyo 2.2 on Vodafone via Kies. Took about 1.5hrs. It didn't erase any messages/apps, but it did change the Home screens

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭nursextreme

My Prevx 3 Antivirus is conflicting with Kies for the first time this afternoon

Capture.JPG?psid=1

They have both been running for the last few weeks, this just came up today, virus scans with malwarebytes and AVG show nothing.

False positive ???????? or has prevx kopped on that Kies is crap software:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

Another Kies Update this Morning Version 102 now!

Still no update on 3!

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭NTC

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Just installed Voodoo 5, hoping it speeds it up a bit :)

Sorry about the stupid question...di you just rename the .tar file to Update.zip?

What is the process for undating to voodoo 5.

Thanks,
    NTC

• Advertisement

Any way of getting a more powerful battery - I'm away with work from 6:30 often dont get back till 10pm by that time the battery is dead, and I not overusing it. Work isnt suitable for charging my phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

There's loads of tweaks to get more out of the battery. A quick google will bring up a few. I had to play around with a few to suit my phone use.

Otherwise you can always try Mugen Power battery. It's a 3200mAh battery. Not sure what they're like but I've seen them mentioned a few times on xda-developers.

Any way of getting a more powerful battery - I'm away with work from 6:30 often dont get back till 10pm by that time the battery is dead, and I not overusing it. Work isnt suitable for charging my phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

You may already know the following, but just in case ...
    you can pull down a menu from the top of the screen and turn off GPS and WIFI and Bluetooth. Then just turn the GPS on and off as you need it to use Google Maps.

Also turn off "background data" in the Settings menu under "Accounts and Sync".

And you can turn down the display brightness automatically under the Settings menu ---> "Display" --> "Brightness" --> "Automatic Brightness".

Than turn the screen time-out to 15 seconds in the Settings menu ---> "Display" --> "Screen Timeout".

Finally check the "Task Manager" after you use the phone to make sure the internet or music player has closed down, or you can shut it down yourself to save battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

Can someone that upgraded to froyo through Kies post their About Phone info. Specifically the build number at bottom but all info would be good.

Can someone that upgraded to froyo through Kies post their About Phone info. Specifically the build number at bottom but all info would be good.

Model Number : GT-I9000

Firmware Version : 2.2

Baseband Version : I9000XXJPP

Kernal Version : 2.6.32.9 root@SE-S608 #1

Build Number : FROYO.XWJPA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

TheUsual wrote: »

Kernal Version : 2.6.32.9 root@SE-S608 #1

Build Version : FROYO.XWJPA

What network are you with?

I've done a few unofficial updates and I did what I thought was the official via Odin last week. But mine is JPO

I'm with vodafone

What network are you with?
    I've done a few unofficial updates and I did what I thought was the official via Odin last week. But mine is JPO
    I'm with vodafone

I'm with Meteor.
    Just got the phone last week, upgraded it 2 days ago, but I checked my settings are what I typed a few times and they are what I have.

My last phone was a Nokia 5800 and I used a tool called NSS to delock it to get downloads before they were relased by Vodafone/Meteor - and the software version was different. You could go into the Vodafone shop and ask them if it's the right one you have.

Tried most of those Thanks.
    May have to go for one of thoses mugen batteries,

Tried most of those Thanks.
    May have to go for one of thoses mugen batteries,

Yeah well worth a try. I never tried the longer life batteries but I do always buy a spare battery - very handy for holidays or travelling (and something else the iPhone does not do) ...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-EB575152VUC-Original-Battery-Galaxy/dp/B003UWZ6M2/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1290496027&sr=8-6

ok, it's a bit annoying to do every night before work to charge up 2 batteries. Maybe try the mugen battery if it is not too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

how yis

i cant receive mms message from any one when i get them i dont get a alert like a text buit it will bein the conversation list as a downloadable item and it wont down load

im with meteor and they have no settings to send despite them having the fone on the network so here is what i tried

i entered the apn as data.mymeteor.ie and left the apn type as internet+mms
    so that only ives me data use only

and when i switch the apn to mms.meteor.ie and apn type to internet+mms and i can only get mms and no data usage is there any way to use both at same time?

Mine is JPO. Flashed via Odin, then again via KIES (to make it 'official'). Both were JPO though.

Kernal Version : 2.6.32.9 curio@carton #6 (<--- I have voodoo lagfix installed)
    Build Version : FROYO.XXJPO

According to xda-developers JPA is XEE (nordic countries) and JPO is XEU (generic europe). diffrent regions. Might be other differences, see the thread here.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 gneoh

gpjordanf1 wrote: »
    Another Kies Update this Morning Version 102 now!

Still no update on 3!

Anyone has any idea when would be the 2.2 be available for "3" network?:confused:

From the Talk to 3 forum...linky.
    gneoh wrote: »
    Anyone has any idea when would be the 2.2 be available for "3" network?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 34 mmmm...

I am finally seeing the upgrade button option in Kies. Blasted battery though is too low to upgrade - grrrrgh!. Looks like another hour to wait.

The funny thing is I don't think the upgrade Kies feature was working correctly on my previous Kies. I checked it everyday and it always stated I had latest software i.e. 1.5.3.10103_100

Today I uninstalled my Kies and installed this version and upgrade button appeared. Might work for you too. This was also mentioned on the Meteor forum so kudos goes to those guys for the tip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭fransdev

Another way around this is just update your Kies to the latest version and download this little piece of software from xda http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=835628 and away your Kies will go and update your SGS. I am also on 3 and it works like a charm. (by the way I already updated to Froyo JPK before through Odin) After the "official" update by Kies I am on JPO. :D If you got problems just PM me and I am more than willing to meet up and do it for you, no charge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

Just opening my new Galaxy phone. Does anybody know how I can delete all photos etc from the memory card which I've inserted into Galaxy from my Samsung Tocco?

I could never delete them from the same memory card when I was transferring the photos over to my PC.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Dionysus wrote: »
    Just opening my new Galaxy phone. Does anybody know how I can delete all photos etc from the memory card which I've inserted into Galaxy from my Samsung Tocco?

I could never delete them from the same memory card when I was transferring the photos over to my PC.

Thanks.

Settings > SD and storage > unmount ext storage and then format.

This will wipe your SD clean.

Thanks. That worked.

I'm now trying to copy my contacts from my SIM to the Galaxy. I've gone into 'Import/Export' and the only options I have are to 'Import from SD card' and 'Export from SD card'. I clicked the former and it says 'Scanning SD card failed (Reason: "No vCard file found on the SD card")'

I can't find the option to 'Import from SIM card'. Anybody know where it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Can't help you there. I use Google contacts, one of the great benefits of Android.

I ended up syncing my old phone with Outlook, then onto to my SGS.
    Will use Google contacts from now on now that all my contacts are sync'd nicely! :)

I ended up syncing my old phone with Outlook, then onto to my SGS.
    Will use Google contacts from now on now that all my contacts are sync'd nicely! :)

Sounds like a better idea to put them all on Google (I presume that means Gmail?) Contacts if that can then be linked to your Galaxy Contacts, particularly if you lose your phone. However, I have 190 contacts on my SIM so is there a quicker way of transferring them to Gmail Contacts rather than having to input each one?

Thanks.

For the moment I managed to transfer the contacts over by SIM, but the names of most contacts are cut off, even though they were fine on the original Tocco phone.

Sorted. I can put the missing letters back into each name when I'm editing the Phone rather than SIM list of contacts. More work!

If you've got them on the phone now, it could be easier to sync them with your Google account and edit them on the PC. Just a thought.

• Advertisement

If you've got them on the phone now, it could be easier to sync them with your Google account and edit them on the PC. Just a thought.

Good one. I can't move to the Smart Plan (with Meteor) until early December as I'm in the middle of my billing month with them at the moment so if I do that syncing now (or go online) will it cost me a lot more?

Advertisement