Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Important changes at RapidShare.com

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

calex71 wrote: »
    Yes quiet right, sorry my mistake.

Still sh1t though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Sent my cancellation email there, account was due to expire in November.

Still can't get my head around what the best way for me to use rapidshare would have been with the new system as I'm only an occasional downloader.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

If they don't add in an option to not automatically upgrade if you use up all your traffic I'll cancel my account within the week. I'm not going to micromanage my traffic to prevent going up to the next one.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I think I'll be cancelling my account also, and will be looking for compensation for the rest of the time, these are not the terms I signed up to, and they have some cheek bringing them in and expecting everyone to change over,

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭jolter

my account have just ran out and tried to signup again last night, have to say i was completely baffled by their new system. the old one just worked, really cant understand the logic in this one.... grrrrrrr

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Had my account changed under this crazy new system. Was notified by email.
    Now I have to go back and re-change it back! ...And this could happen daily.
    Fcuk that! I have better things to be doing than having to log in daily with these sods to re-change everything back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

yoyo wrote: »
    I think I'll be cancelling my account also, and will be looking for compensation for the rest of the time, these are not the terms I signed up to, and they have some cheek bringing them in and expecting everyone to change over,

Nick

Yeah that was basically the gist of what I sent them too.

SickBoy wrote: »
    I think it might be time to get over my fear of newsgroups.
    I'd love to look over the shoulder of someone who knows what they're doing regarding newsgroups for 20mins.

If you want a hand setting up newsgroups for yourself give me a PM. I'll show you how to set up your client, pick a news server and find a good index site, if you want. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

I sent an email outlining how bad this change over was and pointed them towards this thread. After that I sent one to cancel my account and of course I pointed out a refund for the 11 months I haven’t used.

I wish they would get a move on, I downloaded over 1GB and I get some baffling email and then I read people are changing back medium to light or whatever it is when this happens. I’m off to hotfile as soon as I have the refund in my paypal account.

If you want a hand setting up newsgroups for yourself give me a PM. I'll show you how to set up your client, pick a news server and find a good index site, if you want. :)

Whats newsgroups like for older stuff? I thought its only really good at finding newer content so stuff a few years old you wont be able to find generally?

Nick

• Advertisement

yoyo wrote: »
    Whats newsgroups like for older stuff? I thought its only really good at finding newer content so stuff a few years old you wont be able to find generally?

Nick

Well, most servers now have almost 2 years retention (Astraweb have 682 days, but that increases each day), so you'd think only content from the last two years would be available, but content gets recycled, so pretty much everything is there. It'd be worth going to a search site (binsearch.info or newzleech.com) and searching for things off the top of your head. If you're happy with what you see, then sign up to an indexing site, such as NZBMatrix or Newzbin (I recommend the former), and taking a look at their indexes.

Well, most servers now have almost 2 years retention (Astraweb have 682 days, but that increases each day), so you'd think only content from the last two years would be available, but content gets recycled, so pretty much everything is there. It'd be worth going to a search site (binsearch.info or newzleech.com) and searching for things off the top of your head. If you're happy with what you see, then sign up to an indexing site, such as NZBMatrix or Newzbin (I recommend the former), and taking a look at their indexes.

I shall have a look and see :) If the price is right might go that route, or I'll probably be going to hotfile, seems to be quite popular these days or megashares, dont like the way they auto renew your sub though! Thats what I liked about rapidshare you could choose if you want to extend

Nick

Just got an email from Rapidshare stating that I am offered a "Packageupgrade from RapidMedium to RapidBig".

They never offered me an option to supersize me.

Now, I am hungry!

... then sign up to an indexing site, such as NZBMatrix or Newzbin (I recommend the former), and taking a look at their indexes.

I didn't realize Newzbin was back! Just checked and I have 284 days left there :)

AntiRip wrote: »
    I didn't realize Newzbin was back! Just checked and I have 284 days left there :)

Yah, it's back as Newzbin2, it goes on and offline quite a bit though. You should take a look at NZBMatrix, it's €10 for 10 years membership, which is great value.

Sorry for derailing this thread, folks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 dizzy_davidh

Well it was fun while it lasted but they won't get my renewal when the time comes.

Hotfile, SharingMatrix and Netload will soon take up the slack from Rapidshare and they will become the last resort.

I have personally seen a massive increase in the use of SharingMatrix in the last couple of months and so I would suggest to those that are looking for a hoster to check them out.

The changes RapidShare have implemented just seems utter madness to me and I really can't understand how they think they aren't going to take a massive financial hit through loss of customers. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭naughto

just got this back from rapidsh1te

cleardot.gifRapidShare AG - Support Team

to me
    show details 1:25 PM (8 minutes ago)

Hello,

Due to the large amount of support requests, your answer will unfortunately be delayed.

Please note that every e-mail will be answered as soon as possible.
    If your issue is dependent on a swift resolution, please contact us by phone.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Support Team

RapidShare AG
    Gewerbestrasse 6
    6330 Cham
    Switzerland

Fon: +41 41 748 78 80
    Fax: +41 41 748 78 99

Web: http://www.rapidshare.com
    Email: support@rapidshare.com

So they create a mess and then cant handle the fall out.

This will only get worse, people(including me) don't know what's going on, we`ll continue to
    download and then extra charges or the like could be incurred.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

Still got no reply to my email of over 4 days ago, so sent them another one today and got the reply saying an answer would be delayed. I reckon their mail servers are now probably holding as much as their file servers :)

for 6 months on a new hotfile prem account its 29.40e using paypal conversion method nice.

• Advertisement

I just paid €46 for the year, going to leave my rapdishare alone because im not sure how the new system works. Ill highlight this to then when they eventual reply to my cancel email.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

IrishTonyO wrote: »
    Still got no reply to my email of over 4 days ago, so sent them another one today and got the reply saying an answer would be delayed. I reckon their mail servers are now probably holding as much as their file servers :)
    LOL
    I'd say they are getting the message(s) LOL :pac:

naughto wrote: »
    for 6 months on a new hotfile prem account its 29.40e using paypal conversion method nice.

I'll prob join hotfile so :) Seems to be around the place quite a bit, will pay for 6 month tonite and will see how it goes :)

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Griffin87

jeffk wrote: »
    I sent an email outlining how bad this change over was and pointed them towards this thread. After that I sent one to cancel my account and of course I pointed out a refund for the 11 months I haven’t used.

I wish they would get a move on, I downloaded over 1GB and I get some baffling email and then I read people are changing back medium to light or whatever it is when this happens. I’m off to hotfile as soon as I have the refund in my paypal account.

can you lets us know how you get on. i have a 11 months on my account aswell.

Has anybody successfully canceled their account and got a refund back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I tried hotfile a few months back for 30 days, if i remember it automatically renews if you don't stop it in pay pal or on the site. Over all links were easy to come by but I wasn't getting even close to the same speeds as RS, maybe if you are on a slower connection you might not notice but on the 20mb connection I was only getting half what I got down from RS :(

if you use a 3v cards like i do you do not need to worry about the renewing option as if hotfile goes to take it off the card it will not be there,the ony catch is that any thing over 20euro on the cards thers acharge of 2.50

calex71 wrote: »
    I tried hotfile a few months back for 30 days, if i remember it automatically renews if you don't stop it in pay pal or on the site. Over all links were easy to come by but I wasn't getting even close to the same speeds as RS, maybe if you are on a slower connection you might not notice but on the 20mb connection I was only getting half what I got down from RS :(

I downloaded with it and bar the odd dip from surfing etc I was hitting top speeds on Eircom 8MB

Hang on... if i go over my limit or use all my rapids... do they actually charge me money?!

feck that for an effort... :confused:

EDIT:

From a fairly popular warez site;

Poll :: Whats is your rapidshare alternative ?

Hotfile 29% [ 296 ]
    Megaupload 56% [ 573 ]
    Uploading.com (LOL) 0% [ 2 ]
    Fileserve 5% [ 58 ]
    EasyShare 0% [ 1 ]
    Filefactory 1% [ 13 ]
    Share Cash.org (OMG) 0% [ 3 ]
    Other 6% [ 70 ]

Total Votes : 1016

• Advertisement

ya i think so gud look to them trying to get it off my pay pall account.h

question how can you find out when your accoiunt expires??

Advertisement