Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Important changes at RapidShare.com

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Krieg wrote: »
    Yeah your right
    I don't know why I assumed it as back to "normal".
    Rapids are still there (**** knows why!) and there is no points system for uploaders to benefit. I suppose on the positive side, trafficshare is unlimited. I think they used to have a cap of 30gb per month.

I really don't know what to do now. I spent ages last night looking for an RS link only to realise my rapids had run out.

Now I don't want to buy more because the links are so thin on the ground but no other share site has taken their mantle.

It seems like you'd need mutiple subscriptions to get the same level of service that Rapidshare used to provide.:confused::(:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

I'm still finding any links I need for rapidshare. It's a little tougher with some sites not doing them anymore but the main one still does and I find 99% of them there and google anything else.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Just to bump this, you can get a free 11 days unlimited trial of Rapidshare premium by following the instructions I posted here

Be quick ;)

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭techguy

I just tried that.. I think it has expired.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

techguy wrote: »
    I just tried that.. I think it has expired.

Its expired now, was working fine yesterday, a pity but these offers never last long :(

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭beamer-89

Anyone have any idea how to extend my rapidshare pro account? I still have over 500 rapids left but there seems to way to reactivate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭Ardent

I am officially done with Rapidshare. Went to extend Rapidpro for another month, and noticed the price has increased from 5.99 to 9.99!! They really are all over the shop at that company, it's like they want to drive customers away!

Hi Guys,

My Rapidhare account has just expired. No way in hell i'm recharging the account.

I've just signed up to zevera.com for €10 to try it out. It's one of these sites that allows you to download from multiple hosts using there servers as a kind of proxy.

I've just signed up for 100GB of traffic for €10. You can go up to 1.2TB for €66.

I think that is better than a time limit as I my home connection is limited. I'm gonna see how it goes.

Has anybody else tried this service?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Ardent wrote: »
    I am officially done with Rapidshare. Went to extend Rapidpro for another month, and noticed the price has increased from 5.99 to 9.99!! They really are all over the shop at that company, it's like they want to drive customers away!

9.99 seems to be the norm among several of the main hosters, they are just matching price.

Used to use hotfile but left them after the farce a few months back, i've used file serve and file sonic since then and found both great. Tried Oron but their limits are worse than RS and had to force start links in Jdownloader many times to get them to start and the speeds were awful, avoid them at all costs.

This month I am not using any hoster, and am actually doing quite well using sites that offer interchangeable links for multiple hosts, file split into 4 parts and you download one from 4 different hosts, great if you are not in a hurry, and more importantly free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭RayCon

Hi Guys,

My Rapidhare account has just expired. No way in hell i'm recharging the account.

I've just signed up to zevera.com for €10 to try it out. It's one of these sites that allows you to download from multiple hosts using there servers as a kind of proxy.

I've just signed up for 100GB of traffic for €10. You can go up to 1.2TB for €66.

I think that is better than a time limit as I my home connection is limited. I'm gonna see how it goes.

Thanks ... just signed up for 100GB too ... €10 is good value. I wouldn't D/L 100GB per month so this is more cost effective than Rapidshare (who Im now officially finished with :mad:)

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭AwayWithFaries

Hi Guys,

This deal looks pretty good might sign up for it as well. Is the site actually any good, speed etc.?

Here are my experiences with Zevera.com while using the 10GB subscription..:

-To download many files you must use the batch download feature. This uses zevera servers a kind of proxy. Files are downloaded to zevera then you download files to your computer using zevera.com links. I thought this would be really handy as files would remain in the cloud (zevera) when they were deleted from their respective provider (filesonic, rapidshare etc). This is NOT the case. If a link is deleted from say, filesonic. the file is also deleted from zevera. Obviously to keep copyright agencies of zevera's back. I have lost out on a nice chunk of data usage from this. I had batch downloaded a load of files to zevera but then the links were deleted.

-There is no easy way to batch download your files from zevera.com

-I get a lot of downloads interrupted when downloading from zevera

-The zevera interface is clunky and slow. slows down entire system/browser :(

- Direct download for single links seems to work well.

Conlusion:
    Zevera (and possibly all multi hosts) are not suitable for downloading a large number of links. They are fine for download single (or only a few) links.
    I think i'm going to find a popular service for my mass downloading. I will then keep zevera as a complimentary service for downloading hard to find links from services I haven't subscribed to.

Btw, what is the most popular file host at the moment? I'm guessing FileSonic?

Oh and is there any kind of service for monitoring this..? I'm thinking something like langpop.com would be "insanely great"!!

-Out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

They have up on their web site that they are going to be supported by JDownloader soon.

2 best paid hosts right now are Fileserve & Filesonic.
    Links galore.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

which is better? FS or FSC?

Mc Love wrote: »

Fileserve has better speeds sometimes for me, but filesonic has a lot more links of good content.
    I'd have to say get both.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Thanks RVP - somethings are near impossible to find links for on RS

Yeah there is still some links for RS floating, but in terms of FS & FSC, RS is dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

My RS subscription has expired so decided to go for 6 months Filesonic, so far so good.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

RVP 11 wrote: »
    Yeah there is still some links for RS floating, but in terms of FS & FSC, RS is dead.
    In the end, its their own fault. They royally screwed themselves.

(Am now a filesonic user too where once I was for years a loyal Rapidshare fan)
    Mc Love wrote: »
    People will say different but I'd go with the latter.
    Speed for me with FSC is constant.

Advertisement