Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Important changes at RapidShare.com

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭mp3kid

McLoughlin wrote: »
    There is Happy Hour were 10gb downloaded is credited as 1gb so if you were downloaded 25gb during Happy Hour it would only cost you 2.5gb.

When is this Happy Hour ? How can i avail of it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 iquitalready

mp3kid wrote: »
    When is this Happy Hour ? How can i avail of it ?

Happy hour runs from 1am - 9am (Irish time) every morning. If you use JDownloader, you can schedule downloads to start and stop at these times as well as shut down your computer when all downloads are finished. It's invaluable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭LFC5Times

Hi,

Can someone tell me exactly what it means by the term and figure of traffic left (13.75gb) in the picture below.

Is that what I have left for the rest of the month?

If Yes to above, if I say use that up in 3 days time, am I able to get more traffic for the rest of the month and so on?

As far as I know I have a few thousand rapids in my rapidshare account anyway

Cheers in advance :)

[IMG][/img]29bme0.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

LFC5Times wrote:
    Is that what I have left for the rest of the month?

Yes
    LFC5Times wrote:
    If Yes to above, if I say use that up in 3 days time, am I able to get more traffic for the rest of the month and so on?

Yes, in your rapidshare account click the "Charge Traffic" and you can purchase, with rapids, more traffic there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I am at loss to understand what is going on with my account.

I purchased a years premium subscription on 28/03/2010 at a cost of 54.99 EUR but when I check my account status it reports that I have 10 day(s) 16 hours 9 minutes left?

What is this all about?

I just don't understand why you had to try and fix a perfectly good system by implementing such complicated & hard to understand changes.

I use it mainly for downloading so does that mean in 10 days my account is expired even though it's only 4 months into a 12 month subscription? :confused:

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement

I purchased a years premium subscription on 28/03/2010 at a cost of 54.99 EUR but when I check my account status it reports that I have 10 day(s) 16 hours 9 minutes left?

What is this all about?

I use it mainly for downloading so does that mean in 10 days my account is expired even though it's only 4 months into a 12 month subscription? :confused:

No. They have changed from a subscription based model to a credit one. When the new system came into effect, they converted whatever time you had left (8 months in your case, plus any trafficshare you may have had) into 'Rapids', which is what they are calling their currency if you like. It now costs you 99 Rapids for 30GB of traffic volume every 30 days. If you need more, you can top up by 5GB which costs 14 Rapids each time. This is my Rapidshare a/c:

rapidshare.jpg

So in this instance...

1. This is how many Rapids I have left in my account. I had roughly 6 months left in my subscribtion plus about 40GB of additional trafficshare volume I had purchased. At a cost now of 99 Rapids per month, this will last me over 3 years!

2. The time left here indicates how long I have left in my 30 day period. I don't have to worry about this as Rapidshare will automatically extend this at the end of the period for an addition 99 credits.

3. This is the traffic volume I have left in the 30 day period. You get 30GB to use and I have just over 11GB left. If I use this up before the end of the 30 days, Rapidshare will automatically add another 5GB and debit 14 Rapids from my account.

Overall, I'd say this system is much better than the old one. As you can see from my account, the 54.99 I spent last December will last me another 3 years. It is also more flexible in that if you go into 'Settings' you can turn off automatic extensions, thereby saving your even more money if you knew you weren't going to be using Rapidshare for an extended period of time.

Do bear in mind that I am looking at this from the perspective of a downloader; it maybe quite a different experience for people who upload a lot.

Hope that helps.

Well guess what iquitalready?

That was an excellent explanation & very easy to follow. :)

Appreciate the effort you went to in making that so understandable.

Kudos to you sir ;)

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,331 ✭✭✭naughto

how can you find out when you subscription run out??

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Hiawog

Have a look at http://www.zippyshare.com/

Free for uploads and downloads and incredibly fast for a free service.

They provide an uploader for users but unlike RS, there is no downloader program. Check download.com for free download managers.

I've just taken down their test file as listed on their blog - about 3.5 mins for 100mb.

P.S. I cannot open their FAQ at present. Their biz model is advertising so they may require minimum download numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ROS123

I noticed this thread seems to be coming to a gradual end. Without reading every page, what was the general consensus, is there a consensus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Me personally I've signed up to Hotfile.
    I think Rapidshare have done themselves no favours with these changes.
    Some people seem to think that the newer changes have given them more regarding prolonging their accounts and with the use of happy hours the data quotas can be avoided using download managers that are happy hour aware.
    Right now there seems to be no problem finding content but going forward this might change.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Some of my favourite sites have moved away from rapidshare and i've gone with them to hotfile. Still have my rapidshare but only using it for 10% of what I used to. At this rate it will last for several years.

I've noticed that hotfile is slower for single files mid afternoon. I only get ~200kbps if I'm just downloading one file. If I download 5 files at once I can still usually max out my connection at 800kbps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Im really confused by this system. I had a 3 month rapidshare subscription, although it was close to running out, before the new system was implemented.

46431933.png

Could some-one please explain what the 704 rapids mean?

Traffic left appears to be 3000mb/3GB - Whats the default value for this?

What happens in 2 days and 2 hours time, does my account expire?

I read above but it still isnt clear to me, sorry but im finding this system very complicated. :mad:

nuxxx wrote: »
    Im really confused by this system. I had a 3 month rapidshare subscription, although it was close to running out, before the new system was implemented.

46431933.png

Could some-one please explain what the 704 rapids mean?

Traffic left appears to be 3000mb/3GB - Whats the default value for this?

What happens in 2 days and 2 hours time, does my account expire?

I read above but it still isnt clear to me, sorry but im finding this system very complicated. :mad:

Are you sure you read the above? :pac:

In 2 days and 2 hours your account will be automatically extended for 30 days, with 30gb cap, costing 99 rapids. This happens every 30 days until you run out of rapids or you turn off auto extend.

At any point you can buy more traffic using rapids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    Are you sure you read the above? :pac:

In 2 days and 2 hours your account will be automatically extended for 30 days, with 30gb cap, costing 99 rapids. This happens every 30 days until you run out of rapids or you turn off auto extend.

At any point you can buy more traffic using rapids.

ok thanks

what would happen if i used my 30GB in 1 day? would i need to wait 29 days before i can download again?

p.s what does the happy hour system offer? I read somewhere its 1am to 9am irish time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Traffic counts for 1/10 of it's size so you could download 10gb and only loose 1gb of your download allowance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

nuxxx wrote: »
    what would happen if i used my 30GB in 1 day? would i need to wait 29 days before i can download again?
    you can buy additional traffic. i think it's 14 rapids for an additional 5GB download and 1GB storage.

Has the monthly traffic for 99 rapids been upped from 30BG to 50GB?

I just checked and it says I have 43,652MB left for this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

Find very few search results for rapidshare these days,

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    Has the monthly traffic for 99 rapids been upped from 30BG to 50GB?

I just checked and it says I have 43,652MB left for this month.

Not that I'm aware of. But it does carry over any unused traffic, so most likely you had thirteen-and-a-half gigs left when your thirty days were up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

IrishTonyO wrote: »
    Find very few search results for rapidshare these days,

Yeah the links really have disappeared. Hotfile seems to be dominant from what ive seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Seems Hotfile is on the top spot at the moment with MU/FS and UL. In the last couple of weeks I'm finding it very difficult to find the couple of shows I watch on RS.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I agree it's getting harder to find RS links. It's a shame really, my rapids are probably going to last me around 2.5 years now with the new system :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Got myself a hotfile account, any recommendations on a download manager for it?
    my rapids are probably going to last me around 2.5 years now with the new system

Same here, ive got like 3000+ rapids left and im very slowly using them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Krieg wrote: »
    Got myself a hotfile account, any recommendations on a download manager for it?

JDownloader all the way. I love you J.

any other download mangers that are good do not like jdownloader

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

naughto wrote: »
    any other download mangers that are good do not like jdownloader

English please?

is there any other download mangers that are good. do not like jdownloader

Have a look a Flashget

-

• Advertisement

I can't imagine there is another manager that does half of what JDownloader is capable of and once you have it set-up there is little to no work on your part afterwards.

• Works with almost all services you can think of
    • Capture links and check the file status
    • Handles passwords and captchas
    • Extracts Rar files, merges HJSpilt files and deletes containers when successful
    • Schedule start and stop times for download and shutdown when completed
    • As much customisation and settings as you could want

I'm sure there are others here who use other features or addons as there is a lot more, but this is all I need to keep me happy. Maybe you should look up some online tutorials and give it another go. And if you're already well versed then fair enough - to each his own. I suppose this is where someone posts a much better alternative and makes me look like a fool! :)

Advertisement