Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queen Elizabeth II to visit Ireland.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    No but they are still have the north, and while people like you dont care about that. Patriots like myself do.

yes but a lot of 'patriots' seem to be under the impression that we had it at some stage and therefore have a claim to it. is this correct?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

No but they are still have the north, and while people like you dont care about that. Patriots like myself do.

Hows the beard going, seriously Patriot? LMAO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

yes but a lot of 'patriots' seem to be under the impression that we had it at some stage and therefore have a claim to it. is this correct?
    rovert wrote: »
    Hows the beard going, seriously Patriot? LMAO

Not arguing with a bunch of west-brits.

me-ow ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

weepee wrote: »
    Its interesting to read that some posters believe that a state visit to the Republic by an Englich monarch, in some way proves how Ireland an a nation 'has moved on' from the bad old days.
    Well, the Republic is only a partial nation, six counties remain 'detached' from the national territory, by an anti Irish political agreement 90 years old. As long as that remains the case, no head of that state should ever be awarded an official welcome.

Either that, or sell yourself short,by being satisfied at being just a little less Irish than you really are, depends how you can live with yourself I suppose.
    I can live with myself just fine.
    What's a west Brit? It's something that's thrown around a lot on Boards but never actually defined.

• Advertisement

Dudess wrote: »
    What's a west Brit? It's something that's thrown around a lot on Boards but never actually defined.

Welsh presumably.

I can live with myself just fine.

Well for one someone who supports the Queen coming here

There's West Brits in this thread? How dare insert logic into the situation. Tiocfaidh Ar La when Nama gets repaid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Think you will find more indifference than support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

My hero! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Think you will find more indifference than support.

Except for the patriots who show more deference for her position than anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Welsh presumably.

No the Welsh are Padies that couldn't swim

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

Judging by the poll on Joe D yesterday, 2/3 of Irish people are west-Brits according to your definition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭weepee

Yep she is the one standing in the way of all that, good grief :rolleyes:

This is too costly but some on here what the Republic to fund a United Ireland ASAP. Kind of wacko.
    I didnt say 'she' was the one standing in the way of anything. But 'she' is the head of state, of Britain.

Maybe your right, why put freedom ahead of economics?

I can live with myself just fine..
    Yeah I bet you can, some joke, 'The rebel county'.

eightyfish wrote: »
    Judging by the poll on Joe D yesterday, 2/3 of Irish people are west-Brits according to your definition.

Probably. Most Irish people are idiots.

Good letter in the Indo today.

Probably. Most Irish people are idiots.

^ Fine Patriot

Getting a roll started here. I will put the 'Indo' down as on the 'partionist' side of things.

Whoever said Irelands a modern country.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

A very good letter. That fellow's actually a next door neighbour of my grandmother, I believe!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

I find it odd that the citizens of a Republic would fall over themselves in support of a visit by a member of an archaic and discriminatory Monarchy. Republicanism (The desire to live in a republic) is still deemed a treasonous act in the UK under the Treason Felony Act.

I also find it interesting that this visit has found support by those who think the government spend tax money rather easily, just how much will this visit end up costing the tax payer, is this the right time for such a visit?

So I object to this visit the same way I would object to any visit by any member of any monarchy.

karma_ wrote: »
    Republicanism (The desire to live in a republic) is still deemed a treasonous act in the UK under the Treason Felony Act.

This might be news to you, but we do live in a republic. If it's an act of treason in the UK, then they've really got some work to do on their airport security checks. I've got through dozens of times.

I find it odd that the citizens of a Republic would fall over themselves in support of a visit by a member of an archaic and discriminatory Monarchy.

Point me out these citizens.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Insulting pretty much everyone who disagrees with you, telling people who disagree with you to f**k to a loyalist forum...and so on.

Banned for a month. Repeat offences on your return may result in a permaban.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

Point me out these citizens.

Are you saying no one in this thread has come out in support of this? Or is it because I framed this support as falling over themselves?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

As I said in an earlier post i have no strong feelings on whether the Queen visits or not. I'm certainly not going to protest against it and she would be far more welcome to a cup of tea in my house than would Brian Cowen.
    What I would like to know is, will those who are protesting the visit also protest the visit of the Pope? After all, it was the Pope who authorised the English invasion of Ireland, it most likely wouldn't have happened without his say so.

This might be news to you, but we do live in a republic. If it's an act of treason in the UK, then they've really got some work to do on their airport security checks. I've got through dozens of times.

It's not news at all eightyfish, that's why I said it was odd that those who lived and presumably liked living in a republic would welcome this. I myself live in the North.

Are you saying no one in this thread has come out in support of this? Or is it because I framed this support as falling over themselves?

Falling over themselves.

At least keep the discussion in the realm of reality.

I myself live in the North.

Okay then your statement makes more sense :rolleyes:.

• Advertisement

bmaxi wrote: »
    As I said in an earlier post i have no strong feelings on whether the Queen visits or not. I'm certainly not going to protest against it and she would be far more welcome to a cup of tea in my house than would Brian Cowen.
    What I would like to know is, will those who are protesting the visit also protest the visit of the Pope? After all, it was the Pope who authorised the English invasion of Ireland, it most likely wouldn't have happened without his say so.

I will not protest the visit of the Queen, nor will I support it. Likewise I would not protest nor support the visit of the Pope.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement