Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloody Sunday killings to be ruled unlawful

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,123 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Omagh, Banbridge, we will never forget. No Surrender.

No surrender to what exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

dlofnep wrote: »
    And we will never forget either. Omagh was a terrible attack on civilian life.

You need to drop this "no surrender" rhetoric. It doesn't serve you well.
    No Surrender sums it up perfectly.

We will all live perfectly happy together and im happy now but we will never forget and we will never live under the Irish flag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Omagh, Banbridge, we will never forget. No Surrender.

Trying to stir it a bit,letting your self down:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

No Surrender sums it up perfectly.

We will all live perfectly happy together and im happy now but we will never forget and we will never live under the Irish flag.
    And how do you propose to stop democratic progress?

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    And how do you propose to stop democratic progress?
    We live in a democratic country. Both sides are allowed to vote for who they want and so on. Both sides can go for jobs and not get it because of their political or religious beliefs (i don't have a religious belief).

So the country has came on a hell of a lot but we (Unionists) will not live under the Irish flag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Quite a bit. Have you, or only the bits you like?

It is a good report and states what most people have thought all along.

I'm just making the point that Martin McGuinnes is incredibly hypocritical when he was fully intending to use violence and endanger people's lives that day. Maybe an apology from him wouldn't go amiss.
    Nodin wrote: »
    Yep, that's what I thought. Deflect, dodge, deny.

I think Fred is right about this to be honest. Whilst it does in no way justify what happened(and I don't believe Fred was suggesting that it did), I think it is fair to say that as a separate issue it was deeply irresponsible of the Provos and Stickies to be armed anywhere near a civil rights march, particularly when that march was surrounded by heavily armed soldiers

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Livvie

dlofnep wrote: »
    And we will never forget either. Omagh was a terrible attack on civilian life.

You need to drop this "no surrender" rhetoric. It doesn't serve you well.

It just goes some way to explaining why it all happened. Intransigence.

We live in a democratic country. Both sides are allowed to vote for who they want and so on. Both sides can go for jobs and not get it because of their political or religious beliefs (i don't have a religious belief).

So the country has came on a hell of a lot but we (Unionists) will not live under the Irish flag.
    And what happens if a majority votes for a united Ireland?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Honestly ,what the fúck has this got to do with Bloody Sunday. Take your outdated rhetoric and start a new thread.

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    And what happens if a majority votes for a united Ireland?
    Will never happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Will never happen.

He said if

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Will never happen.

Sorry for off topic
    Isnt that what was said about Irish having any say in the running up north.
    Never is just a word.

And best wishes to all the families and friends for the getting the truth.It always comes out in the end.

Will never happen.
    Heres an idea, how about you return to your local beach and stick your head in the sand? This thread is about Bloody Sunday and the fact that they were innocent people murdered. Not about Unionists for whom "No Surrender" is a rallying call. Dont derail the thread.

My fault for even replying I suppose. My bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

Will never happen.

It won't happen tomorrow but it is inevitable and most likely it will happen within our lifetimes. The democratic process cannot be usurped any longer. It isn't the days of gerrymandering.

If the majority vote to be part of the Republic you have to respect it the same way we in the south respect the fact that the North is part of the U.K. Now, stop wasting my time, your time and everyone else's time in this thread. Innocent civilians were shot dead by an army. It's as simple as that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

drakshug wrote: »
    Yeah.

The time for those images are long gone.

The only thing, as someone with no links to Ireland or any of the politics, is that there is going to be a backlash soon. The paras were out of control but it is being used to gain political points and, in some sectors, being used for anti Brit rhetoric.
    As I've said before, we knew the civil rights marchers were murdered. At last their families can get some closure if that is any recompense.
    However, listening and reading the media it seems that this is a closing chapter. It isn't. There are a lot more closures to be made. If there are insistences on court cases, then it has to be made on both sides.
    Anyone who has killed a civilian should be brought to justice.

personally I think this should now be the end to it.

with the ris eof the RIRA and CIRA opening old wounds publicly may not be in the best interests of peace.

Bloody Sunday, as the start of it all, needed closure. maybe more should be done to bring those who commited the Omagh attrocity to justice, but everything else i really think needs to be let lie.

It won't happen tomorrow but it is inevitable and most likely it will happen within our lifetimes. The democratic process cannot be usurped any longer. It isn't the days of gerrymandering.

If the majority vote to be part of the Republic you have to respect it the same way we in the south respect the fact that the North is part of the U.K. Now, stop wasting my time, your time and everyone else's time in this thread. Innocent civilians were shot dead by an army. It's as simple as that.
    lol, the country will go to war. You will not get a majority to vote for a United Ireland. Stop living in a lala land. It ain't going to happen.

By the way, i feel so sorry for the people who got killed on Bloody Sunday. It is a disgrace and what happened over the years was a disgrace on both sides. I was just making a tiny point.

Life is much better now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

lol, the country will go to war. You will not get a majority to vote for a United Ireland. Stop living in a lala land. It ain't going to happen.

I'll say it again for you and leave it at that.

Democratic process.

/discussion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

I havn't read over this thread, my time on this earth is more precious to me than that.

What I will say is that this thread does seem to have filled to 26 pages with nothing but relief for the families of those murdered.

This enquire has dragged on and the families of those that were evidently murdered that day have, finally, got peace of mind. As a republican it is my I feel my duty to congratlate David Cameron for recognising the findings and for reacting like any other sane human being would. If my appreciation for the man ends there, at least he had the decency to stand before his parliment and recognise the outrageous acts performed by British soldiers that day.

Hopefully the momentum of the last few days will push forward and those guilty, under the declartions made within the Saville report, will be made accountable for the actions which cost so many people there lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭TOMASJ

with the ris eof the RIRA and CIRA opening old wounds publicly may not be in the best interests of peace.

Bloody Sunday, as the start of it all, needed closure. maybe more should be done to bring those who commited the Omagh attrocity to justice, but everything else i really think needs to be let lie.
    Would you include Kevin Crilly who was charged last year in connection with the Robert Nairac, case 33 years ago.

• Advertisement

Its way past your bed time.
    Don't start an E war.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭drakshug

David Cameron has said he would find it hard to sit down at the same table as McGuinness. An apology for shankhill and Enniskillen might also heal wounds.

I'll say it again for you and leave it at that.

Democratic process.

/discussion.
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,061 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

By the way, i feel so sorry for the people who got killed on Bloody Sunday. It is a disgrace and what happened over the years was a disgrace on both sides. I was just making a tiny point.

Life is much better now :)

Point seems to be very out dated, go back and join the knuckle draggers who know nothing but trouble and dont want our wee country to move on and develop with jobs and money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I would agree on Omagh, but they have been trying and have yet to succeed. Not because they don't want to, but because it wasn't an internal British affair. Bloody Sunday was. Which is why they have the power to make the inquiry that they did. It would be alot harder with Omagh.

As for the rest of the posts previous to this from other posters : This thread is not about whether or not Unionists will live under an Irish flag, or whether or not Irish unification will take place. It is a discussion about Bloody Sunday and I hope we can keep it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,061 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

David Cameron has said he would find it hard to sit down at the same table as McGuinness. An apology for shankhill and Enniskillen might also heal wounds.

As was posted the IRA have said sorry for their crimes, those who commented them have spent time in jail for it and during the peace process they were let out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Don't start an E war.
    If your actions are childish and immature you should not be surprised when people tell you its past your bedtime.

You have contributed nothing to this thread.

Point seems to be very out dated, go back and join the knuckle draggers who know nothing but trouble and dont want our wee country to move on and develop with jobs and money.
    In your opinion. Its a point which means A lot to a lot of people. That ain't going to stop more jobs and money coming into the country.

Times have changed in reality, nothing wrong with an open discussion about it on the internet.

Anyway, back on topic i suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Don't start an E war.

Keith, go away. You're not contributing anything to this thread, and you're doing decent Unionists a dis-service by posting your nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

David Cameron has said he would find it hard to sit down at the same table as McGuinness.

Nobody said being PM was going to be easy.

Advertisement