Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Kehoe had no problem dishing it out when he had a huge government majority behind him and like all bullies he blubbered like a baby when he barely held on to his seat at the last GE.
    Whatever the opinions of picketing TDs houses, the right to protest is important to democracy and Kehoe's tendency to run to the Gardaí and the Public Order Unit at the first sign of dissent, as he did when the water protesters picketed his Constituency Office, is laughable, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.
    I passed by the "protest" and it was as tame as I've ever seen, Kehoe looking for publicity and the sympathy vote IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Marhay70 wrote: »
    Kehoe had no problem dishing it out when he had a huge government majority behind him and like all bullies he blubbered like a baby when he barely held on to his seat at the last GE.
    Whatever the opinions of picketing TDs houses, the right to protest is important to democracy and Kehoe's tendency to run to the Gardaí and the Public Order Unit at the first sign of dissent, as he did when the water protesters picketed his Constituency Office, is laughable, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.
    I passed by the "protest" and it was as tame as I've ever seen, Kehoe looking for publicity and the sympathy vote IMO.

He lives in a housing estate, he has small kids. Protests have no place there. To come back from doing the hope and dream to be greeted by scumbags from Dublin, he had every right to call the guards.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,418 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

He lives in a housing estate, he has small kids. Protests have no place there. To come back from doing the hope and dream to be greeted by scumbags from Dublin, he had every right to call the guards.

There's probably a procedure to follow for this type of thing.
    Ministers in particular no doubt get well minded.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

I can't imagine a worse way of spending my life or Sunday than protesting outside a TD's house, but sure I suppose when every day's the weekend......

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Delightful sight on the Shannon quay today. I thought that these wonder bins were supposed to tell the Council when they need emptying - this one is in this state for at least three days.

Bin%2BShannon%2BQuay.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,418 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Think there's something about Eileen Gray's house in Nationwide at seven.

Nazi graffiti still present on the new children's playground today. :(

NAZI%2BLOGO.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Nazi graffiti still present on the new children's playground today. :(

NAZI%2BLOGO.JPG

Except it's facing 'backwards' which seemingly is a Buddhist or Hindu symbol. They very least they could do is get it right.... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

A petrol bomb thrown through the window of a rented house out The Milehouse way last night... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

jpb1974 wrote: »
    A petrol bomb thrown through the window of a rented house out The Milehouse way last night... :(
    Jesus! whats all that about?

I've only heard vague speculation, but its a sad state of affairs if that sorta stuff is going on in the town.

Fortunately the damage was minimal, but there's one kid living in the house and it's semi detached too, so neighbors at risk if the place had gone up in flames.

New cafe opening shortly in the old Chernobyl shop on Weafer Street.

cafe.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

How long is the bridge going to be left before someone repairs it?
    Any other country in the world and it'd be done within the week but not in Ireland and definitely not in Enniscorthy.

How long is the bridge going to be left before someone repairs it?
    Any other country in the world and it'd be done within the week but not in Ireland and definitely not in Enniscorthy.

Apparently it's a massive job and will involve engineering consultants, tons of scaffolding will have to be hired from a certain well known local company which seems to get a lot of business from the Council....

Apparently it's a massive job and will involve engineering consultants, tons of scaffolding will have to be hired from a certain well known local company which seems to get a lot of business from the Council....

Council should go outside the town to get scaffolding then? Or it should proactively support local jobs, where possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Council should go outside the town to get scaffolding then? Or it should proactively support local jobs, where possible?

They should tender like normal and give the winning bidder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

TheChevron wrote: »
    They should tender like normal and give the winning bidder.

If a public contract is above a certain value they have to tender. There are very strict rules around that.

When did the restaurant beside the credit union close?
    I only noticed the To Let signs in it yesterday.

When did the restaurant beside the credit union close?
    I only noticed the To Let signs in it yesterday.

Months ago - I did report here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=109162343&postcount=5565 so around early January.

• Advertisement

Months ago - I did report here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=109162343&postcount=5565 so around early January.

There's so many things opening and closing in the town that I just don't notice anymore.
    I heard that there's another boutique opening soon.

We're saved, according to the local freesheet - the "Boom" is back. He obviously doesn't keep the same company as me and this is "fake news" according to several well known retailers of my acquaintance.

BUS%2BBOOM.jpg

Before you get too excited - the article refers principally to Grant's Pharmacy and Petite Cherie - Rafter Street - (already trading); a new cafe in the old Chernobyl Shop (not yet open); and "Peace & Tranquility" a holistic therapy clinic beside Tracey's hotel.

We're saved, according to the local freesheet - the "Boom" is back. He obviously doesn't keep the same company as me and this is "fake news" according to several well known retailers of my acquaintance.

BUS%2BBOOM.jpg

Before you get too excited - the article refers principally to Grant's Pharmacy and Petite Cherie - Rafter Street - (already trading); a new cafe in the old Chernobyl Shop (not yet open); and "Peace & Tranquility" a holistic therapy clinic beside Tracey's hotel.

and the reopenign Mylie Kehoes, God save us.

A question for contributors -

If you reported to the Gardai the fact that your child was viciously assaulted on their way home from school, with supporting evidence from the school, positive identification of the offender and video footage provided, would you be satisfied that after 102 days (at the time of writing) you hadn't received a single update from the Gardai in relation to same and that the offender hasn't even been arrested? Or is it perfectly normal for vast amounts of time to go by before anything is done?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

In answer to your question if my child was viciously assaulted and i had that evidence i would have been down the Guarda station once a week wanting to know progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,912 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

A question for contributors -

If you reported to the Gardai the fact that your child was viciously assaulted on their way home from school, with supporting evidence from the school, positive identification of the offender and video footage provided, would you be satisfied that after 102 days (at the time of writing) you hadn't received a single update from the Gardai in relation to same and that the offender hasn't even been arrested? Or is it perfectly normal for vast amounts of time to go by before anything is done?

Thanks

We're you given a pulse number?

TitianGerm wrote: »
    We're you given a pulse number?

I was not. All I was told at the time was that it was a Level 2 Assault and that they were treating it as serious. Once 10-14 days passed and I'd heard nothing, I kinda suspected I was wasting my time.

Contacted victim services via email last Monday and they replied on Tuesday morning, more or less stating -

(a) no arrest
    (b) they'd arrange for the local Gardai to contact me

I'm not holding my breath on (b) occurring anytime soon. School have heard nothing since providing their statement either.

In the meantime... I'm afraid to let the young lad walk home from school and the thug offender (who is not familiar to me or the family) is posting pictures and videos of himself on Facebook glorifying his social welfare backed cigarettes and alcohol lifestyle.

I have the video evidence, the whole thing was recorded by one of the gang of backers the offender had and then did the rounds on Snapchat. Lets just say this - when I reluctantly showed my mother, she broke out in tears. Totally and utterly disgusting, an absolute disgrace...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,912 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I was not. All I was told at the time was that it was a Level 2 Assault and that they were treating it as serious. Once 10-14 days passed and I'd heard nothing, I kinda suspected I was wasting my time.

Contacted victim services via email last Monday and they replied on Tuesday morning, more or less stating -

(a) no arrest
    (b) they'd arrange for the local Gardai to contact me

I'm not holding my breath on (b) occurring anytime soon. School have heard nothing since providing their statement either.

In the meantime... I'm afraid to let the young lad walk home from school and the thug offender (who is not familiar to me or the family) is posting pictures and videos of himself on Facebook glorifying his social welfare backed cigarettes and alcohol lifestyle.

I have the video evidence, the whole thing was recorded by one of the gang of backers the offender had and then did the rounds on Snapchat. Lets just say this - when I reluctantly showed my mother, she broke out in tears. Totally and utterly disgusting, an absolute disgrace...

Just go to the station and ask for a pulse number. At least if you have one you know it's in the system.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Just go to the station and ask for a pulse number. At least if you have one you know it's in the system.

Yep, I'll get that from Victim Services, it obviously exists as they were able to find the case when I emailed them last week.

Not sure where I go from here though, I get the impression I'm supposed to chase them and hope they do their job. If they're planning on doing nothing or have put the case at the bottom of a large pile then fine, but I wish they'd just contact me and tell me that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Mondo44

The guards don’t give have a f***. Time to start posting the video online and name and shame. In fact I know most of the little ****s in town. Someone will sort him out for you

Advertisement