Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

ninja 12 wrote: »
    Turas Nua have been based in the Roban building for ages .

They moved from there from Bellefield at least 8-10 months ago .

News to me but that makes their A4 paper notice in the boarded up Roban building look even more professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,418 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Keith Doyle is gone, as is Paddy Kavanagh and the Shinner too. Aidian ****ing Browne and Jackser are in... two more useless cretins. Jackser to hit Doyles for the next 5 years.

Who is Aidan Browne?

Keith Doyle is gone, as is Paddy Kavanagh and the Shinner too. Aidian ****ing Browne and Jackser are in... two more useless cretins. Jackser to hit Doyles for the next 5 years.

On the bright side,we're getting a Penny's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Who is Aidan Browne?

Nephew of John, cousin of James.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Nephew of John, cousin of James.

Ffs of course.

More importantly, preserved Great Northern Railway steam locomotive No.85. passed through Enniscorthy twice today. Sadly, she was running late on the return journey and the station stop was cut out

The nice picture below thanks to Eamonn Redmond - I was too lazy to make my way down to the station. :D

85%2BEnniscorthy%2B26th%2BMay.jpg

It was the Protestant vote that saw Jackser home - that and the Christmas trees. :D

Barely an intact window between the square and Doyle's pub.
    Must be properly sick of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

kneemos wrote: »
    Is there no CCTV in the square?

• Advertisement

kneemos wrote: »

Must be about the fourth time this year that Wickham's have been done.

Wickhams%2B26th%2BMAY.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Is there no CCTV in the square?

There's been CCTV in the square for years,I've never once heard of it being used to catch anyone up to no good.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Duffry Goat

Maria Nolan :Johnny I am so disappointed for you. You have been such a patron of the arts in Enniscorthy attending every play, art exhibition, book launch in town. You have been a tremendous support on the Council for Enniscorthy drama, the Presentation Art Centre, the Wexford literary Festival, the Athenaeum, Enniscorthy Historical Re-enactment Society as have Keith Doyle and Paddy Kavanagh and Enniscorthy will be at a loss without the 3 of you. Thank you most sincerely for your tremendous support and your kindness and courtesy to me personally at all times. You will be sorely missed. Maria Nolan

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Maria Nolan :Johnny I am so disappointed for you. You have been such a patron of the arts in Enniscorthy attending every play, art exhibition, book launch in town. You have been a tremendous support on the Council for Enniscorthy drama, the Presentation Art Centre, the Wexford literary Festival, the Athenaeum, Enniscorthy Historical Re-enactment Society as have Keith Doyle and Paddy Kavanagh and Enniscorthy will be at a loss without the 3 of you. Thank you most sincerely for your tremendous support and your kindness and courtesy to me personally at all times. You will be sorely missed. Maria Nolan

Duffry Goat for us who don't know where is it taken from and who is Maria Nolan ??

Navarre wrote: »
    Duffry Goat for us who don't know where is it taken from and who is Maria Nolan ??

Perhaps it's Duffry Goat's real name? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,912 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Navarre wrote: »

I'd say it's from Facebook and she's involved with the Rapps and in the paper each week at some event in the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Careful with the naming names folks :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Maria Nolan....writes ****e in the local free rag, every article by the look of it and has the odd article in the guardian..

Copied from one of Johnny's public social media pages, probably Facebook. Maria's sentiments are genuine....and I have always found Johnny to be a gentleman.

Enniscorthy this evening.

Garda chase with kids driving wrong way up the Shannon Quay. Nice bit of parking. :D

Nice%2BParking.jpg

• Advertisement

WTF...
    Del.Monte wrote: »
    Enniscorthy this evening.

Garda chase with kids driving wrong way up the Shannon Quay. Nice bit of parking. :D

Nice%2BParking.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

jpb1974 wrote: »
    WTF...

Tidy parking alright. No quick get away for the driver from there.
    On a serious note how can a car make it that far down the Quay without hitting someone?

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭arseagon

Does anyone know what the "reservoir issues" are that have the water off every night this week? The mapalerter texts are very vague.

Saw a post on Slaney News FB, but all it says is "Reservoir Issues".

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭arseagon

That looks like it's only in the planning stages. Probably not the cause of these issues whatever they are...

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

arseagon wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the "reservoir issues" are that have the water off every night this week? The mapalerter texts are very vague.

Is the water table low? Maybe after last year there's fears of a drought again.

As for that Volkswagen - hope it's impounded, feckin idiots!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Rackard

• Advertisement

Rackard wrote: »

Cutbacks during the recession is probably the main problem.

Advertisement