Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Take it the car wasn't registered in his name.

Some numpty ended up with their car upside down in a garden just past Aldi roundabout a few nights ago. I think they fled the scene too.
    There's a cohort who aren't even from the town that treat it and it's surrounds as their racetrack at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

I heard tonight that those involved in the bridge incident were arrested at the scene. Apparently, the bridge repairs are to start tomorrow.

Off topic but the 'heroism' attributed to William Barker referred to in the article may not have been all that it seemed - my reading of the story is that he was 'co-opted' by the 1798 rebels. Still, never let the truth get in the away of good yarn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

Anyone notice the folks around tonight with cameras? I was feeling a bit paranoid with lens pointing at me from all directions. Something going on?

EDIT: Found out it was the Enniscorthy Camera Club doing some night shots - and not big brother watching me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

Del.Monte wrote: »
    I heard tonight that those involved in the bridge incident were arrested at the scene. Apparently, the bridge repairs are to start tomorrow.

Off topic but the 'heroism' attributed to William Barker referred to in the article may not have been all that it seemed - my reading of the story is that he was 'co-opted' by the 1798 rebels. Still, never let the truth get in the away of good yarn.

Interesting !! There has been so much rewriting of the history of Co. Wexford and 1798 in particular, that it's difficult to tell what the truth is.

"But in recent decades a major reassessment of the Wexford rebellion - mainly by historians such as Prof Tom Bartlett, Prof Louis Cullen, Dr Kevin Whelan, Dr Daniel Gahan, Dr Daire Keogh, Dr Marianne Elliott, Anna Kinsella, Nicky Furlong and Brian Cleary - has transformed our understanding of its economic, social, and political contexts."

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/1798-the-lost-leaders-1.123119

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

1798 got slightly re written to produce a more inclusive shared narrative and history with those up north as a result of the Good Friday Agreement. An All Ireland history so to speak

• Advertisement

McLoughlin wrote: »
    1798 got slightly re written to produce a more inclusive shared narrative and history with those up north as a result of the Good Friday Agreement. An All Ireland history so to speak

Was it that finally the real truth was being told ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

paulaa wrote: »
    Was it that finally the real truth was being told ?

Nah covered this whole thing in college recently allot of revisionism over 200 years and writers with their own agendas/opinions 1798 is something where it is more what may have occurred than what actually occurred. Lack of surviving evidence and unreliable witness testimony

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Nah covered this whole thing in college recently allot of revisionism over 200 years and writers with their own agendas/opinions 1798 is something where it is more what may have occurred than what actually occurred. Lack of surviving evidence and unreliable witness testimony

Don't believe everything you read in college either :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

paulaa wrote: »
    Don't believe everything you read in college either :)

Yep, don't believe peer approved work, or them educationalsists....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭brilou23

It was crazy today trying to get through the town, who ever planned the petrol sale at that time of aFriday must of had no common sense.

• Advertisement

The village idiots smashed Sandro's window - again - yesterday.

Sandro%2527s%2BWindow%2B24th%2BMarch%2B2019%2B-%2BCopy.jpg

Was out for a walk this morning and met the Chernobyl people clearing out their shop - so when it's gone, it's definitely gone. A ramble down the Promenade was full of surprises - lamp standards straightened up; some seats varnished (!); but sadly part of the original playground has been adorned with Nazi graffiti and the underneath of the railway bridge at the River Urrin is also under attack.

Apparently the window was broken by accident - apologies to the village idiots.

Apparently the window was broken by accident - apologies to the village idiots.

Great food in Sandro's, the pizza is made fresh in front of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Sandro's looks inviting, it's windows are spotless clean, always a good sign imo

Should I be worried? I seem to remember a previous discussion about the significance of shoes thrown over wires.

SHOES%2BAT%2BCHURCH%2B31st%2BMARCH.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 27,920 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Should I be worried? I seem to remember a previous discussion about the significance of shoes thrown over wires.

If they're your shoes then you should be worried as they'll be pretty hard to get down and your socks might get wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

Are they both for right feet? ;)

Wouldn't worry about it tbh, probably just some eejit after a few pints.

BuboBubo wrote: »
    Are they both for right feet? ;)

Wouldn't worry about it tbh, probably just some eejit after a few pints.

You should be on Joe Duffy's un-Funny Friday. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,419 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Dozens of clear plastic bin bags dumped over the wall on Esmond Rd.
    Can't even be bothered to dump them out of sight,or easy to get.

• Advertisement

kneemos wrote: »
    Dozens of clear plastic bin bags dumped over the wall on Esmond Rd.
    Can't even be bothered to dump them out of sight,or easy to get.

Any road,lane,whatever around the town is blighted with illegal dumping. It's not unusual to see council vans full to the brim with stuff picked up by 9 or 10am.

Any road,lane,whatever around the town is blighted with illegal dumping. It's not unusual to see council vans full to the brim with stuff picked up by 9 or 10am.

Here's a few of them, there's a big pile of them further up.

Throwing them down the rocks is just malicious.
    If I remember rightly they had lads on ropes cleaning up there years ago.

kneemos wrote: »
    Here's a few of them, there's a big pile of them further up.

Throwing them down the rocks is just malicious.
    If I remember rightly they had lads on ropes cleaning up there years ago.

Some people really take pride in their town.....not.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 newbie01

There is alot of bullying from certain shops telling the others to confirm to there rules.
    And the fact if your family are not from enniscorthy you will be treated as unwanted outsiders

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

newbie01 wrote: »
    There is alot of bullying from certain shops telling the others to confirm to there rules.
    And the fact if your family are not from enniscorthy you will be treated as unwanted outsiders

???

Paul Kehoe and his family had to leave their house this afternoon after protesters gathered outside.

Out of order in fairness protesting at someone's home,whatever your beef.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/defence-minister-paul-kehoe-targeted-by-protesters-at-his-home-37990982.html

Protests like this do nothing to further the cause - there's a constituency office if they need to make a point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

Protests like this do nothing to further the cause - there's a constituency office if they need to make a point.

No fan of Mr Kehoe but totally agree with you Del.Monte. Seems like a cowardly way to protest targeting a young family in their home on a Sunday.

Advertisement