Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Newstalk Breakfast were in Rafter Street this morning. Poor stuff indeed from all the usual suspects aptly captured by this poor quality camera phone pic.

aP6Ftmi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Newstalk Breakfast were in Rafter Street this morning. Poor stuff indeed from all the usual suspects aptly captured by this poor quality camera phone pic.

They wanted to do a vox pop but there was nobody around to talk to.

The town was invaded yesterday with pro-life,anti abortion campaigners on every street and corner.Everyone is entitled to their opinion but they had kids wearing hi-viz vests with anti abortion slogans on them.Talk about ruining the innocence of childhood.

The fake Garda car tried to stop a woman on the Monageer road,this after a woman was assaulted and robbed by the occupants of the same car near Murrintown a short while back.
    It's on the front page of The Echo.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

The Presentation School smells the same after all these years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

zerks wrote: »
    The fake Garda car tried to stop a woman on the Monageer road,this after a woman was assaulted and robbed by the occupants of the same car near Murrintown a short while back.
    It's on the front page of The Echo.

What class of stroker are we talking here?

vicwatson wrote: »
    What class of stroker are we talking here?

Quick update,after talking to a few people it seems the "victim" made the story up.She'll have some explaining to do seeing as she made the front page.

And the one in murrintown??

• Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

On my drive from Enniscorthy to Bunclody today I counted a total of 62 candidate posters between the roundabout at Donohoes BMW and the 'You are now leaving Bunclody' sign.

Main culprits being
    Mr Kehoe
    Mr Mythen
    Ms Wadding
    Mr Wallace

I thought the candidates had 24 hours to remove these?

Saying that on the Carlow side there were even more with more candidates visable.

And the one in murrintown??

That did happen unfortunately.

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    On my drive from Enniscorthy to Bunclody today I counted a total of 62 candidate posters between the roundabout at Donohoes BMW and the 'You are now leaving Bunclody' sign.

Main culprits being
    Mr Kehoe
    Mr Mythen
    Ms Wadding
    Mr Wallace

I thought the candidates had 24 hours to remove these?

Saying that on the Carlow side there were even more with more candidates visable.

I thought it was 7 days, open to correction

I thought it was 7 days, open to correction

Could be correct but I'm not 100% on it

I drove the same route on Thursday and there were a lot more up and have been taken down, thinking Brown and Darcy here.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Could be correct but I'm not 100% on it

I drove the same route on Thursday and there were a lot more up and have been taken down, thinking Brown and Darcy here.

Yes its 7 days

http://www.environ.ie/environment/waste/litter/election-posters

Posters (including the plastic cable ties) must be removed within 7 days of polling day. These requirements for election posters are set out under section 19 of the Litter Pollution Act 1997 and the Electoral (Amendment) (No. 2) Act 2009 - See more at: http://www.environ.ie/environment/waste/litter/election-posters#sthash.iwfHHz9T.dpuf

Donohoes hardware to close on Wednesday,rumours the Bottling Plant could be next.Lets hope some of our newly elected politicians do something for the town.

zerks wrote: »
    Donohoes hardware to close on Wednesday,rumours the Bottling Plant could be next.Lets hope some of our newly elected politicians do something for the town.

What's up with Donohoes?

^^
    Nice job

Sadly, alongside the few positive developments are the ongoing problems of crime/anti-social behaviour. Last night, well after midnight, two skulls out of their minds on who knows what, wandered about Castle Hill screaming, singing and kicking doors. They returned a couple of times during the wee small hours, but never hanging about for long enough to make it worthwhile ringing the Gardai. These scumbags feel free to roam the streets after dark knowing that the odds of them meeting Gardai on foot patrol are a million to one. I'll be reporting this latest incident to Paul Kehoe and James Browne but I won't be expecting anything save the usual platitudes.

PUT%2BA%2BBOW%2BON%2BIT.jpg

The work of the 'village idiots' evident on one of the town's better presented premises - photographed today. This wasn't done last night but is typical of what goes on most nights.

Crane in the Abbey Square.Must be hoisting the flag.

• Advertisement

kneemos wrote: »
    Crane in the Abbey Square.Must be hoisting the flag.

Looks massive and out of proportion,even without the flag on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭sjb25

kneemos wrote: »
    Looks massive and out of proportion,even without the flag on top.

Just seen on Facebook its massive looking

Without even seeing it in the flesh, it's in the same offensive league as the Spire on O'Connell Street. Poor Seamus Rafter is dwarfed. :rolleyes:

Is this just a glorified flag pole?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭sjb25

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Without even seeing it in the flesh, it's in the same offensive league as the Spire on O'Connell Street. Poor Seamus Rafter is dwarfed. :rolleyes:

Haven't see. It in the flesh either but poor seamus is looking small

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭gercoral

is there free parking in railway square/at train station?

Is this just a glorified flag pole?

There's a dirty great stonking flag going on top.
    If the proportions in the model are correct it's going to look hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

Any photos of the Abbey Square "spire" today ?

paulaa wrote: »
    Any photos of the Abbey Square "spire" today ?

I passed it this morning on my way to work. It looks completely out of place and I wish they had have spent the money more wisely.

• Advertisement

Looks like a giant hypodermic needle sticking out of the ground.

Advertisement