Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Was that hairdresser not up beside Doyle's checkout before?

Yeah,they just moved.Notice in the window of the old store.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

zerks wrote: »
    Yeah,they just moved.Notice in the window of the old store.

Ah my mistake so, I'm not up past the Duffry very often. There's still an enormous number of salons in the town - must even outnumber the charity shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭IsaBrown

kneemos wrote: »
    Looks as if yeah.

Maybe not, possible side road or very long (2.7km) slip road conecting finshogue roundabout to the ballydawmore junction.

http://www.wexford.ie/largefiles/M11_Gorey_EIS/M11%20G2E%20EIS%20Volume%201%20NTS.pdf

R744 Link Road connecting the Regional Road R744 in Tomnafunshoge to the Ballydawmore Junction (2.7Km)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

IsaBrown wrote: »
    Maybe not, possible side road or very long (2.7km) slip road conecting finshogue roundabout to the ballydawmore junction.

http://www.wexford.ie/largefiles/M11_Gorey_EIS/M11%20G2E%20EIS%20Volume%201%20NTS.pdf

R744 Link Road connecting the Regional Road R744 in Tomnafunshoge to the Ballydawmore Junction (2.7Km)

Don't see a north bound slip road from Tomnafunshoge.There appears to be one from the Boulavoge road though.

Don't see a north bound slip road from Tomnafunshoge.There appears to be one from the Boulavoge road though.

I think it's a seperate road, two way traffic, linking the two roundabouts.
    Capture.png
    image hosting over 10mb

• Advertisement

I think it's a seperate road, two way traffic, linking the two roundabouts.
    Capture.png
    image hosting over 10mb

Appears to be alright. You have to go to Scarwalsh to join the motorway then?

Appears to be alright. You have to go to Scarwalsh to join the motorway then?

No, no need to go to scarwalsh (through town, blackstoops etc). Get on at finshogue, link road to ballydawmore junction. From there you can join M11 north/south bound or take the link road to scarwalsh.

No, no need to go to scarwalsh (through town, blackstoops etc). Get on at finshogue, link road to ballydawmore junction. From there you can join M11 north/south bound or take the link road to scarwalsh.

No great advantage using the Tomnafunshoge roundabout for town then.
    Those slip roads could be proper little speedways though.

Plenty of bad behaviour in town last night. The streets were left in a horrible state from party poppers, drunk young wans screaming on the streets after closing time, the Bus Stop Shop had a window put in....I'm sure that there's more.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Plenty of bad behaviour in town last night. The streets were left in a horrible state from party poppers, drunk young wans screaming on the streets after closing time, the Bus Stop Shop had a window put in....I'm sure that there's more.
    and if poor ralph hasn't had it hard enough the last few months, arseholes!!!

• Advertisement

New Antiques shop just opened in the former party shop at the bottom of Slaney Street.

IMG_0278.JPG

Presumably this has something to do with the aircraft that was doing low altitude flybys earlier. https://www.reddit.com/r/ireland/comments/4bi2vr/anyone_know_what_the_craic_is_with_the_plane_doin/

The new, much hyped Enniscorthy website http://www.enniscorthytourism.com/ is a horrible mess much like its predecessor. Absolutely stuffed with typos, out-of-date information, spaces missing and so on, and so on...

Kavanagh's Gift Shop entry is intriguing:

Kavanagh’s Gift Shop
    Wide selection of photo frames, prints, wedding & christening gifts, novality furniture, Newbridge jewellery and gits for all occasions. :D

Once again the whole website looks like it was put together as a poorly supervised Junior Cert project.

Amateur hour isn't in it - interested in an exhibition at the Presentation Centre http://www.enniscorthytourism.com/event/exhibition-wine-reception/

trying clicking on the Presentation Centre website.

If you google the Presentation Centre you can find the correct web address. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭blindsider

..ritin skilz is very basec. I taught this would have been fixd!

You're doing the JC students a dis-service.....what a joke! :-)

TBF Del, you've mentioned this before over the past couple of months.....it's depressingly familiar.

On another note, any updates on the 'flag' which is replacing the 'Beak'?

blindsider wrote: »
    ..ritin skilz is very basec. I taught this would have been fixd!

You're doing the JC students a dis-service.....what a joke! :-)

TBF Del, you've mentioned this before over the past couple of months.....it's depressingly familiar.

On another note, any updates on the 'flag' which is replacing the 'Beak'?

The base looks well and it doesn't block the view of traffic like its predecessor,think their putting a railing around it though.

Here's the latest from Enniscorthy Tourism: http://www.enniscorthytourism.com/event/patriots-flag-monument/ Public opinion seems to be turning in favour of the flag but the unveiling will tell all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Hope it's ok to post this here. A great event for a great cause.

Do we know the cost of The Flag?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

Here's a pic of the flagpole I took a few weeks ago.

http://s22.postimg.org/3oikbc6fl/2016_03_09_15.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Do we know the cost of The Flag?

It certainly seems like the cards are being held close to the chest, I suppose after spending €20,000.00 of taxpayers money on a gate during a recession is something they wouldn't want to repeat, though I'm sure the flagpole didn't come cheap.

Is someone going to take down/put up the flag every day?

Rafter St . getting a wash again . Didn't seem to last long the first time though.

Rafter St . getting a wash again . Didn't seem to last long the first time though.

Hope they keep away from Castle Street as they power washed the sand away from under the cobblelock the last time and the paving subsided as a result.

And the water came in under people's front doors.

I await the barrage of outrage and whinging on Facebook tomorrow as those with zero cop on or knowledge of the significance of what is happening take to the platform to complain over the town being closed to traffic for a few hours while the commemoration takes place.
    The same ones who'll moan will most likely be sat on their couches in their pyjamas "making the most of the Bank Holiday".

I await the barrage of outrage and whinging on Facebook tomorrow as those with zero cop on or knowledge of the significance of what is happening take to the platform to complain over the town being closed to traffic for a few hours while the commemoration takes place.
    The same ones who'll moan will most likely be sat on their couches in their pyjamas "making the most of the Bank Holiday".

Castle and Church St are already closed for some reason.

I won't be whinging - no time - couple of pints somewhere then home to bar the shutters and turn up the volume. :D

Castle and Church St are already closed for some reason.

Traffic control,easier to start now than having some clown on the pints tonight abandon a car which will end up in the way tomorrow.

Speaking of a few pints Del Monte,I shall be partaking in a few later.Heading with the family to the commemoration tomorrow.

Pints consumed, shutters closed and door barred and this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXC_b0SGVGQ on standby to play so that I don't hear the parade as it passes. Ironically the best rendition of 'The Sash' is on a Sinn Fein site.

We haven't gone away you know. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭sjb25

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Pints consumed, shutters closed and door barred and this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXC_b0SGVGQ on standby to play so that I don't hear the parade as it passes. Ironically the best rendition of 'The Sash' is on a Sinn Fein site.

We haven't gone away you know. :D

I suddenly understand your username :/

Advertisement