Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Waterfront%2BCar%2BPark.JPG

Some unfortunates - probably hotel guests - who left their cars in the Waterfront car park.

Traceys.JPG

Outside the former cinema and Tracey's Hotel.

Seamus%2BRafter%2BBridge%2B9.00am.JPG

Council truck crossing Seamus Rafter Bridge at 9.00am

BUS%2BSTOP%2BSHOP%2BETC.JPG

The lights are on but there's nobody home!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

All Wexford -Dublin traffic is diverted through Ross,Castlebridge and presumably Edermine are closed.
    Hell of a detour.

No ferry service this time??

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Waterfront%2BCar%2BPark.JPG

Some unfortunates - probably hotel guests - who left their cars in the Waterfront car park.

Traceys.JPG

Outside the former cinema and Tracey's Hotel.

Seamus%2BRafter%2BBridge%2B9.00am.JPG

Council truck crossing Seamus Rafter Bridge at 9.00am

The water is a lot higher now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭gumgum1

zerks wrote: »
    The water is a lot higher now.
    Hi any pictures of how high it is. Any one know how island rd is doing.
    Thanks

gumgum1 wrote: »
    Hi any pictures of how high it is. Any one know how island rd is doing.
    Thanks

Island road has been flooded since morning.It's now higher than this picture.

CXd46nZWYAEKBAE.jpg

1608_1188639521149561_2525602164769439535_n.jpg?oh=01dbcdee246063b700eb0cc80a99fbd6&oe=56FE28CD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Does anyone know what it's like at scarawalsh? Trying to get from the Shannon and really don't fancy the detour to Wexford and then new Ross and back to town to get to the other side so was going to chance solsborough and then scarawalsh.

Wellyd wrote: »
    Does anyone know what it's like at scarawalsh? Trying to get from the Shannon and really don't fancy the detour to Wexford and then new Ross and back to town to get to the other side so was going to chance solsborough and then scarawalsh.

The road heading for Monageer is closed.Was out that way a couple of hours ago.

• Advertisement

Hi all any update on the town is the river rising any more. I really appreciate all the picture everyone has put up. Thanks

Wellyd wrote: »

Go via Ferns and back through Monageer. Flooding is receding slightly.

Hi all any update on the town is the river rising any more. I really appreciate all the picture everyone has put up. Thanks

Going down a bit.Bridge is still flooded though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Go via Ferns and back through Monageer. Flooding is receding slightly.

Yep, Monageer - Ferns route works, few different roads there, some large puddles on them, but nothing too severe.

Don't try turning off the Dublin Road at Widgey Murphy's as its unpassable. The road from Mr. Price down is also flooded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭ezra_

Hi guys - I have to drive down to crossabeg tomorrow from Blessington. I normally take the N81/N80 to Scarawalsh and then through the town.

I'm guessing I'll have to drive around the back of Scorthy and then take the clonroche road?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

ezra_ wrote: »
    Hi guys - I have to drive down to crossabeg tomorrow from Blessington. I normally take the N81/N80 to Scarawalsh and then through the town.

I'm guessing I'll have to drive around the back of Scorthy and then take the clonroche road?

I think Bunclody was flooded as well.

If your on about turning right before the Bunclody roundabout and heading up the Marshelstown road and across by Monart the Still Pond has burst its banks and the road is impassable.

And here's their video of the flooded town.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Lashing down as hail now - things aren't looking good for tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭blindsider

Hope everyone is safe tonight - those videos and pics are sobering!

• Advertisement

How's the town looking this morning?

How's the town looking this morning?

Bridge is open at least.
    On another note how can it be this dark at 10.00pm?

kneemos wrote: »
    Bridge is open at least.
    On another note how can it be this dark at 10.00pm?

10pm is night time.;):P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭sjb25

Hopefully the Worst is over very well done to everybody helping out especially the volunteers from the search & rescue the Irish Redcross and civil defence all helping out on there own time I especially seen the search and rescue and Redcross helping out a man who came out of one of the shops on the quay or something yesterday well done to them all when we where all having a nose they wer working hard

sjb25 wrote: »
    Hopefully the Worst is over very well done to everybody helping out especially the volunteers from the search & rescue the Irish Redcross and civil defence all helping out on there own time I especially seen the search and rescue and Redcross helping out a man who came out of one of the shops on the quay or something yesterday well done to them all when we where all having a nose they wer working hard

It was the owner of The Bus Stop Shop,he ended up in hospital.There's a serious clean up going on down on the quays.
    I was upstream of the town today and the river is about 10 feet higher than it normally is.It was another 3 foot higher yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭sjb25

It was the owner of The Bus Stop Shop,he ended up in hospital.There's a serious clean up going on down on the quays.
    I was upstream of the town today and the river is about 10 feet higher than it normally is.It was another 3 foot higher yesterday.

Yeah seen the Red Cross ambulance left with him still in it alright hopefully he's alright yeah I just went through ballycarney still pretty bad river very high had raining very heavy right now

New Year's Day 11.15am and on goes the Christmas music in town - I just love Wizzard. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Hey folks, am driving from Dublin to Wexford on Saturday afternoon, on the M/N 11. I'll be driving from Wexford to New Ross on Sunday morning. Can I expect any flood delays, road closures etc on either journey? Is the road across the bridge in Enniscorthy open? The pix & vids are shocking. Ta.

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Hey folks, am driving from Dublin to Wexford on Saturday afternoon, on the M/N 11. I'll be driving from Wexford to New Ross on Sunday morning. Can I expect any flood delays, road closures etc on either journey? Is the road across the bridge in Enniscorthy open? The pix & vids are shocking. Ta.

All clear at the moment . Shouldn't be any flooding tomorrow.
    The Wexford to New Ross route is usually flood proof anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Cheers, thanks for that. It's bucketing down here at the moment, so I'm looking forward to some nice Wexico sunshine and strawberries. :rolleyes:

Advertisement