Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses - Irish Date Announced!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Mr.S wrote: »
    Kick in the face to all the fans who bought tickets and waited so long for them to come on stage.

I hope MCD give refunds.

It will be quite interesting to see what happens. They are now under no obligation to give refunds as technically as long as he goes on stage and sings for any length of time, he's fulfilled the contract. (I hope i'm wrong but i think this is correct)

22 minutes is a disgrace though and i hope MCD sue but i wouldn't hold my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I hear its rowdy in there. So glad I stayed at home, feel sorry for the fecker that bought my ticket though!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

I was at their last gig back a bout 4/5 years ago in the rds and they were awful axel kept running off stage it was shocking stuff so i knew better to stay well away from the sham that now is a guns n roses concert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

hes still gone, my mate going home!!!!!!!

thats the end for that fecker in ireland!!!!

turns out slash was right all along!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

MCD pleading with the crowd for calm

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

allanb49 wrote: »

What are they saying. I feel sorry for MCD actually nothing they can do sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

allanb49 wrote: »

the reason they are not calm is because they payed good money to hear good music and they aren't getting their moneys worth

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

As you said, he came on stage, played, left. I wonder if MCD have any grounds to sue? I mean i doubt they have a contract saying GNR have to play for X amount of time.

Plus, no doubt GNR will say that it was unsafe to play and they walked off stage for safety blah blah.

True dat.

Reminds me of the singer Cat Power's gig in Whelan's in... 2002 I think? Not exactly similar to this case but it was a mess of a gig... she came onstage inebriated and probably played a total three songs, spending most of the gig yapping and heckling to the crowd.

That was an MCD one. Didn't get a refund for that but €15 or so is chump change compared to what seeing Axl would set you back!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

If I was on stage and the crowd was booing me and throwing bottles, I'd walk off too. A disgrace of a crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

humanji wrote: »
    If I was on stage and the crowd was booing me and throwing bottles, I'd walk off too. A disgrace of a crowd.

It goes both ways. Disgrace of a performer who can't be bothered to go on stage until 10.30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

If you were an hour and a half late/2 hours late youd deserve it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

are you joking , they had every right , he had no respect to the fans that follow him and pay his bill etc !!! this is just not funny, i feel so bad for people that went and bought a ticket for this and mcd and the security guards !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭mp3guy

A V A wrote: »
    are you joking , they had every right , he had no respect to the fans that follow him and pay his bill etc !!! this is just not funny, i feel so bad for people that went and bought a ticket for this and mcd and the security guards !!!!

I think the disruptive members of the crowd have no brains.

"Oh, the performer was late, I guess I'll teach him a lesson by bottling him and booing, that'll encourage him to perform a full set and clean up his act".

As if.

Sure, he was late, but there's nothing you can do about that. Unless you want to waste even more of your money by shortening the concert even more by booing and throwing bottles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

A disgrace of a crowd.
    Dead right. Bottling him was too kind, he deserves a public stoning tomorrow on Sherriff Street.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Any more trolling posts like this and bannings will commence. Do not reply to this on thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

mp3guy wrote: »
    I think the disruptive members of the crowd have no brains.

"Oh, the performer was late, I guess I'll teach him a lesson by bottling him and booing, that'll encourage him to perform a full set and clean up his act".

As if.

Sure, he was late, but there's nothing you can do about that. Unless you want to waste even more of your money by shortening the concert even more by booing and throwing bottles.

clean up his act, howlong has been acting this way , and he done it at reading and leeds and is always late on stage anywhere ?? you would think he would learn or cop on !!
    ye i aggre people shouldnt throw things etc but in this case i would just not blame them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

My friend was taunting me over going. Egg on his face now. :D
    poor show by Axl for being 2 hours late. If I was in the crowd I would be pissed so I can understand why the fans are so annoyed

EDIT: apparantly he is coming back on?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

When Ozzy pulled out of Ozzfest in 2002 I remember MCD didn't give refunds but offered people tickets to Bryan Adams and maybe two other outdoor gigs.

So maybe this time people will be given the choice of Simply Red or Shakira.

was on late in belfast last night as well and they played the full show with no problems....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Pathetic stuff and an embarrassment to proper rock Gods who, no matter how polaxed they were, got on with the show. Unless they were really drunk...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Fandango

Theyre back on after alot of people have left i hear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Back on now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭beanyb

He's back on apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

was on late in belfast last night as well and they played the full show with no problems....
    They prob dident get bottled up there thats why

If i was Slash i'd announce a free o2 gig for everyone with a GNR ticket stub :D

i know you are only messing but slash doesnt seem to be like that (judging ftom his book which is great by the way) he has alot of kind thing to say about axl as well

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

When Ozzy pulled out of Ozzfest in 2002 I remember MCD didn't give refunds but offered people tickets to Bryan Adams and maybe two other outdoor gigs.

So maybe this time people will be given the choice of Simply Red or Shakira.

I believe it was Bryan Adams or Meatloaf. I declined both.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Blogger50

He's just come back on :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭steod

According to irishcrunch on twitter rose is back onstage with a lot boos :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Seriously, I can't wait to hear about this on the radio tomorrow with people playing dumb that they didn't know how he acts. Anyone with complaints really must have been living under a rock if they thought this would be any different!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I have to say one thing (bearing in mind that tickets would have been bought well in advance for the most part) the reputation of "Broken" Axel Rose is well established so was it a case just hoping that it would all turn out fine? Given the prices I don't think I'd have bothered myself.

Advertisement