Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses - Irish Date Announced!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

Guns N Roses were my favourite band when I was growing up. I still think Welcome to the Jungle has the best intro to a song, and also the best first song on an album, that I've ever heard.

Having said that, I really wish they'd reform with Slash, Duff McKagan, Izzy Stadlin and Matt Sorum. However GNR have been the one bad that has not got back together yet and I'm sure they've been offered plenty of money to do so.

I wasn't planning on going to this but reading reviews on this thread has got me wondering.... :)

I agree with the O2 pre-sales, they often don't release the best tickets then. I've bought stuff through pre-sales before and the selection of tickets available hasn't been great.

I haven't been to the O2 yet for a music concert though, what's it like? Do they have standing area down on the main floor or is it seated too? I'm just thinking if the floor is standing, the people in the lower tier seats won't have a great view.

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Slash in vicar st. was only €42 which is a lot more reasonable

When???? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭sxt

grimm2005 wrote: »
    this is just a bit too pricey for me, i'd go if it was €40 - 50, but seeing axl and a bunch of randomers isn't the same as seeing guns n' roses. Slash in vicar st. was only €42 which is a lot more reasonable

If you got the money honey / We got your disease

Sorry just seen that Slash's concert is still on sale.

I haven't been to Vicar St in a while, has it been renovated? Also, what is an attendent ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,773 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

if anyone is not using there o2 pre sale code for this could they kindly pm there code to me.

• Advertisement

Ah, the Slash concert seems sold out. I wish Ticketmaster would say that on their site, rather than leaving the "Find Tickets" option available and you search like an idiot and only realise when none of your searches return any tickets, that the thing is sold out.

not a bad year for gigs for me

May- Kiss
    June- Slash
    July- Iron Maiden
    Sep- Guns N Roses (hoepfully it wont sell out quickly)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

PTH2009 wrote: »
    not a bad year for gigs for me

May- Kiss
    June- Slash
    July- Iron Maiden
    Sep- Guns N Roses (hoepfully it wont sell out quickly)

Will Slash be doing GnR stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Will Slash be doing GnR stuff?

Here's his setlist from Amsterdam a few nights ago.

Ghost
    Dirty Little Thing (Velvet Revolver cover)
    Mean Bone (Slash's Snakepit cover)
    Nightrain (Guns N' Roses cover)
    Beggars & Hangers-On (Slash's Snakepit cover)
    Back From Cali
    Civil War (with "Voodoo Chile" coda) (Guns N' Roses cover)
    Sucker Train Blues (Velvet Revolver cover)
    Nothing To Say
    Starlight
    Slash Guitar Solo/Godfather Theme
    Sweet Child O' Mine (Guns N' Roses cover)
    Rise Today (Alter Bridge cover)
    Slither (Velvet Revolver cover)

Encore:
    By The Sword
    Communication Breakdown (Led Zeppelin cover)

Encore 2:
    Paradise City (Guns N' Roses cover)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Ah, the Slash concert seems sold out. I wish Ticketmaster would say that on their site, rather than leaving the "Find Tickets" option available and you search like an idiot and only realise when none of your searches return any tickets, that the thing is sold out.

yeah, it sold out within a few hours unfortunately but I managed to get a ticket. Havn't been to a music gig in vicar st. but i've heard very good things. I was a bit iffy on paying €42 for Slash but decided it would deffo be worth it when the time came.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

the funny thing is about giving out out about all the solo's its no different to when they played on the illusions tour with slash and co they all had solo spots duff did his thing,there was a pointless drum solo, slash did the godfather among other little ditties and there was numerous band jams like wild horses etc etc..all im saying is give these new guys a chance believe me it will be worth it and axl has vocally gotten back to his best on this tour so even if ya do just go to hear the hits im sure you wont leave dissapointed!

I was going to say the same about the Slane gig, Axl was forever running off stage and coming back out with a different 'costume'...I was happy just listening to Slash and Sorum do their solos, class if you ask me. They aint the same without Slash & co. and I won't be wasting my money on that little brat called Axl.

Guns N Roses were my favourite band when I was growing up. I still think Welcome to the Jungle has the best intro to a song, and also the best first song on an album, that I've ever heard.

Having said that, I really wish they'd reform with Slash, Duff McKagan, Izzy Stadlin and Matt Sorum. However GNR have been the one bad that has not got back together yet and I'm sure they've been offered plenty of money to do so.

totally agree with you about Welcome to the Jungle, what a track to open a gig with.
    Oh, and all the money in the world nor all the tea in Axl's Democratic China could bring these strong personalities back in the ring together..ain't gonna happen.

My first ever gig was that Slane '92 gig and boy, what memories I have from it...for a 15 year old at the time I was in heaven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Don't you just love how every GNR thread on boards brings out the trolls. :rolleyes:

RonMexico wrote: »
    Don't you just love how every GNR thread on boards brings out the trolls. :rolleyes:

who you calling a troll? If someone posts something that you don't agree with you start calling them a troll?
    I think the points here are all valid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Just cos not everybody loves the new GNR lineup dosn't mean any not completely positive post regarding them is "trolling" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Always...but like everything its their opinion in fairness just bugs me when people dont actually listen to the band as it is...slash could have rejoined the band no one forced him to leave he left of his own accord and thats from the man himself sayin that axl has been a knob to him in the press but the fact is your never gonna see them play together again one can hope but its very very highly unlikely so the question is do ya go for the unique voice and stage presence or the guitar tone...i know where my money is

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Always...but like everything its their opinion in fairness just bugs me when people dont actually listen to the band as it is...

Exactly, they are all talented musicians and should be treated as such

Every single time there is a thread on boards about GNR it is derailed by trolls who turn it into an Axl and the new line-up bashing thread. I don't mind if the thread is about the break-up of the old band but you can't even start a thread here to discuss an upcoming gig or their world tour (Rock&Metal forum) and it gets derailed by people who have nothing to add to the actual thread topic other than bashing the band.

I don't like Metallica but that doesn't mean I post in every Metallica thread that they suck etc etc.

It gets old real fast.

If you don't like this line-up fine, go start a thread in the Rock forum about it and do your bitching and whining there and let the fans of this line-up have a discussion for once without all this negative crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

The rds wAs a great gig!

Pity they can't return there!

My son is starting school that day! So may not be able to make it

Quality wrote: »

My son is starting school that day! So he may not be able to make it

FYP:D

• Advertisement

Be a bit of a scary experiece if axel sees you taking a picture or recording a video on your phone or camara.

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

I wish Ticketmaster would say that on their site, rather than leaving the "Find Tickets" option available and you search like an idiot and only realise when none of your searches return any tickets, that the thing is sold out.

Drives me bloody mad that!!!!:mad:

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Be a bit of a scary experiece if axel sees you taking a picture or recording a video on your phone or camara.

Eh...no. The infamous incident years ago involved a guy with a professional shoulder mounted videocamera. Not a camera or phone. In fact when the band played an intimate acoustic gig in New York recently people were waving camera phones in Axl's face and he didn't blink an eyelid. There are tons of front row videos of the band on youtube many of which feature Axl looking right at the camera without a care in the world. Most of the stuff about Axl in the media is quite frankly, bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭rednik

Really not that bothered what others think. I am going to the show because I love their music from the begining to Chinese Democracy, I am a fan of the band. For one reason or another I have not seen them live since Slane so I am looking forward to going and bringing my daughter with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

rednik wrote: »
    For one reason or another I have not seen them live since Slane so I am looking forward to going and bringing my daughter with me.

Was at Slane also, but don't remember a thing as I was a foolish teenager who thought it was clever to drink a bottle of JD and ly in the sun.

I was like a lobster for the rest of that week :p

I'm definitely, couldn't forgive myself if it turned out to be a cracker and I never went.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Eh...no. The infamous incident years ago involved a guy with a professional shoulder mounted videocamera. Not a camera or phone.

Ah the St Louis Incident, part of the reason Axl was so upset, was because the band themselves were taping it professionally - they were gonna use the finished product for a DVD - and then this guy ruins the experience

As you can see from here, all professionally filmed, and it looked well before this incident happened

• Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭rednik

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Was at Slane also, but don't remember a thing as I was a foolish teenager who thought it was clever to drink a bottle of JD and ly in the sun.

I was like a lobster for the rest of that week :p

I'm definitely, couldn't forgive myself if it turned out to be a cracker and I never went.

According to ticketmaster no ex lobsters allowed.:p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Every single time there is a thread on boards about GNR it is derailed by trolls who turn it into an Axl and the new line-up bashing thread. I don't mind if the thread is about the break-up of the old band but you can't even start a thread here to discuss an upcoming gig or their world tour (Rock&Metal forum) and it gets derailed by people who have nothing to add to the actual thread topic other than bashing the band.

I don't like Metallica but that doesn't mean I post in every Metallica thread that they suck etc etc.

It gets old real fast.

If you don't like this line-up fine, go start a thread in the Rock forum about it and do your bitching and whining there and let the fans of this line-up have a discussion for once without all this negative crap.

If you claim you dont like Metallica, then you must be a troll :P

This is great news. The 2006 Gig was Superb fun. I caught a drumstick which Axl tossed into the crowd after "Your Could be Mine". Sunny day, got to see three bands, and GNR played for over two hours. I think they would certainly be worth a look this time !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Ah the St Louis Incident, part of the reason Axl was so upset, was because the band themselves were taping it professionally - they were gonna use the finished product for a DVD - and then this guy ruins the experience

As you can see from here, all professionally filmed, and it looked well before this incident happened

What a complete cock, could have handled that WAYYYYY better

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Just seen this advertised on Ticketmaster. What was their RDS show like a few years ago?

I thought it was quite poor and I'm a big Guns n Roses fan. It was more to do with the early start time (I missed the first song or two), gig played in daylight, Axl running off stage every couple of minutes, it was quite disjointed. Hopefully indoors will be better.

Advertisement