Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More on the "Psychoactive Substances" bill

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Is that not hard to prove, though?

Who knows.
    The whole thing is just one big ball of daggins,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    They should ban bottles too, because you can makes bongs out of them.
    They don't know that. Hope they never find out because i wouldn't put it past them.
    Honestly tho, with all the interest in keeping the shops open etc. why dont we do something about it rather than talking about it on a forum. Lets protest and show the gov. that we arent just gonna sit back and take their nazi ways like we have done the past few years. This country is full of pussies who dont step up for the cause.
    What will happpen is that a group of people will go down to the gates of Leinster House and protest. Then everyone walking past will say "look at those eejits" because a lot of people in Ireland are stupid like that. It's the reason there has been so little protest because when people do get up and say "alright lads, lets do something", most just laugh at them. Its useless. I wish we ALL had the balls to put a few hours aside to all go down a demand to be heard.

I'm all for greece style protests. I love my country, although it may not be perfect, i still like it. It's my home and it is to most people who post here. I hate seeing it go to the dogs because of the tiny amount of stupid people who are in charge. I'm not suprised by the new additions to this law, im just angry that its actually coming into existance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

I'm surprised that they haven't banned rolly papers.. sure what percentage of those sold are used to smoke weed? I'd say it's about 95% these days

They really haven't a clue

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055649293

This thread has a poll asking cigarettes or rollies? The answer is roughly 50:50. Polls on boards are not a true reflection of society in general but give us a rough idea. I imagine that a figure of 95% is a bit too high.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055649293

This thread has a poll asking cigarettes or rollies? The answer is roughly 50:50. Polls on boards are not a true reflection of society in general but give us a rough idea. I imagine that a figure of 95% is a bit too high.
    Even if it was a true reflection on the country as a whole, it still wouldn't give us an idea on what percentage of rolling papers are sold for making joints.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

I use rolling papers to smoke tobacco.
    but I've never seen anyone use the larger rolling papers for anything other than joints

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭moonpurple

excellent development

close these shops down

makes it harder for the average 13 year old to find these filthy chemical toxins

not impossible

but harder...:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

i want to hear this cnut tell us that alcohol and tobacco are completely harmless and that is why they are legal, or to tell us that they are massively dangerous and he doesn't give a fcuk about the people when there's precious revenue at stake.

why has nobody asked for the rationale behind these demented laws to be explained, with particular regard to why two seriously harmful products are sold on every street in the state?

this latest part basically means he can decide to have someone locked up for being in possession of any solid item with two fcuking holes in it. I hope the cnut dies of an allergic reaction to holy bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭barrackali

Guys,

I think u lot are just going to have to accept that head shops are doomed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

barrackali wrote: »
    Guys,

I think u lot are just going to have to accept that head shops are doomed.

And the drug dealers are fcuking delighted

moonpurple wrote: »
    excellent development

close these shops down

makes it harder for the average 13 year old to find these filthy chemical toxins

not impossible

but harder...:pac:

Not really, Ring up any drug supplier and the majority of them will probably come to meet you rather than walking/bus/lift down to the head shop. I would think it is just as easy or even easier to get the real deal compared to the head shop equivalents.

With the head shops closed it is once less access point to drugs. If someone wants to get drugs they will there is nothing that you can do to stop them. Instead of closing head shops perhaps bettter parenting would be what is needed to keep children away from these substances.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

Right, so what can I do to piss off the idiots behind this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

While I write this, I am preparing myself a marijuana cigarette, which I will enjoy to it's fullest I, like most others, had a nice tiring day at work. This did not come from any of the drug gangs, it's not funding any criminal activity, I know how many hands it passed through and I know it's not laced with 7up or some other crap. Keep introducing these new laws Mr Ahern and you will find a rise in crime, people will find alternatives, and it won't be beer sold by your scumbag thieving mates either.

The ban on drugs doesn't bother me too much, I would rather they put a temporary ban on them then studied the drugs and then regulated them, but that would involve too much brain power, of which there is none within the 4 walls of the Dail, all that sits there are scumbags, who on a daily basis, rape the general public with their fake expenses, their over indulgence in luxeries at our fcuking expense, they invenst money in rediculous areas and hold it back from essentials. What I am annoyed about is the banning of bongs, pipes and growing equipment. "That's illegal, because it may be used to smoke drugs"

This is not a step forward FF, it's a giant leap back you bunch of conservative tosspots.

But people, don't be decieved, this is not about your health, they couldn't give a shít about your childrens health, if they did why did they refuse to invest the pathetic amount of 10 million to protect your daughters from cervix cancer? Because that wouldn't secure enough votes. The young don't vote, simple as (I am not suggesting that 10 year olds vote), the old do vote, the people up in arms over this are the older, more ignorant generations. Those are the people that are voting, and those are the people that this cnut of a TD is tageting.

Health my fcuking hole, why don't you prioritise the overhaul of the HSE, you bunch of hypocritical degenerate scumbags?

I hope these bastards with vested interests die a horrible death... there I said it. And now I will light up and post nice placid things for the rest of the night...

Don't want this to turn to a political debate, but I have nothing against either FF or FG supporters, I simply dislike these bunch of arse bandits, they make Xavier angry...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

I know it's not laced with 7up or some other crap.

eh ?

Mike 1972 wrote: »
    eh ?

Ah some dealers, the shady type ;), spray the plant with a solution, sometimes 7up, sometimes chemicals that are completely unknown to people (from observation), they use water and sugar mix too, along with very fine glass, this all increases the weight of the product and adds value. It's not healthy at all.

eh ?

has been reported that weed is often soaked in this and then dried to increase its weight mikey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Abrasax

eh ?

To add weight to the weed.

Originally Posted by Iamxavier viewpost.gif
    I know it's not laced with 7up or some other crap.

eh ?

Turns you into a pedophile I heard.

genericguy wrote: »
    has been reported that weed is often soaked in this and then dried to increase its weight mikey.

Lets not even start about what is put into that soapbar sh*te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

As the old chestnut goes - if they'd brains they'd be dangerous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

genericguy wrote: »

7Up wouldn't be as bad as the rumour among some tokers about really finely crushed glass being added to bulk it. Possible urban legend there though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Pin_Cushion

eh ?

It's what happens when Fido Dido is your dealer.

7Up wouldn't be as bad as the rumour among some tokers about really finely crushed glass being added to bulk it. Possible urban legend there though.

The glass is true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Wait what? I haven't fully read the bill yet, but is he seriously banning hydrophonic equipment from being sold ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Wait what? I haven't fully read the bill yet, but is he seriously banning hydrophonic equipment from being sold ?
    No.

A bit mad if you want to grow garden plants or fruit/veg through hydroponics.

I have witnessed this first hand, I mentioned sand in my other post, but much of a muchness to be fair.

I know a guy that tastes the weed and nibbles a bit to see if it contains anything that shouldn't be there.

You're just not to sell hydroponic equipment to anyone that looks like they smoke weed.
    (1) A person who sells any object knowing or being reckless as to whether it will be used to cultivate anything in contravention of section 17 of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1977 by hydroponic means shall be guilty of an offence.
    A sort of profiling, if you like.

mikom wrote: »
    anyone that looks like they smoke weed.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭franklyshocked

So one of the cases that made the Irish government jump up and take notice was the two teenagers in the UK who died from Mephadrone overdoses.
    Or did they.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/10184803.stm

By the sounds of it, another knee jerk reaction to ban something they didn't control. Pass the beers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Hmmm, i wonder will they require shopowners etc, to keep track of they do sell the equipment to as well, should be interesting.
    Well shiat, they may as well restrict sale of copper tubing, gas burners, etc, cos you know, i could be constructing a still to make up a few batches of the poitin...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement