Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More on the "Psychoactive Substances" bill

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

they never learn here anyway........drug dealing is booming in the last 2 weeks in this area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 cork60

I had heard somewhere else that whack was naphyrone.

Looks like it is a pretty crazy chemical.

I can only speculate as to what the active ingredient in "Whack" is but it seems plausable that it is naphyrone and maybe a mix, due to the push from vendors claiming that it is a mephedrone alternative. This has been claimed to be active at .030g or 30mg and with higher doses can be an unpleasent and possibly a dangerous chem. All depends on amounts consumed, different consumption methods and the purity of the product. One has had pure naph and must say, it a very powerful stip but an empty dirty alternative, there are plenty others which are better and legal!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭baaaa

That whack is lethal,few of my mates did it over the weekend,some of them were tripping badly for 3/4 days and the others were so wrecked they couldn't eat for 5 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

baaaa wrote: »
    and the others were so wrecked they couldn't eat for 5 days.

50 grammes of whack for Harney.... stat.

That whack is lethal,few of my mates did it over the weekend,some of them were tripping badly for 3/4 days and the others were so wrecked they couldn't eat for 5 days.

The solution is to just not ingest it.

These particular chemists are not following in the footsteps of the likes of Alexander Shulgin; they are concerned with one thing, which is to modify a molecule just enough so that it is both legal again and active, as quickly as possible.

Ban it? No. But I wouldn't advise taking it. Mephedrone seems relatively safe, especially when compared with naphyrone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Elevator

These particular chemists are not following in the footsteps of the likes of Alexander Shulgin; they are concerned with one thing, which is to modify a molecule just enough so that it is both legal again and active, as quickly as possible.

Ban it? No. But I wouldn't advise taking it. Mephedrone seems relatively safe, especially when compared with naphyrone.

a very sensible friend took this whack last weekend and didn't sleep for days, tripped balls the whole way thru, didn't even sound like himself on the phone which was kinda scarey, the stupid stupid government!!!

this guy on MDMA whilst buzzing ya wouldn't think there was a bother on him but once again those in charge have failed every single one of us and any deaths related to this new ****e or any drugland killings let the blood by on the hands of the government

you are all **** that don't live in the real world and shouldn't be let run a mini marathon not to mind 4/5 of a country!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

Exactly. The callousness shown by the legal-highs industry towards the well-being of consumers has destroyed a little chunk of my faith in humanity. There was a time when i thought they were "cool guys" :o helping to fight back against the war on drugs, but it wasn't long before i realised that most of them care about one thing and one thing only- money :mad:.

I don't even know why I'm surprised that they're selling **** like this..... :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Or at least try a very small dose FFS. Some idiot in another thread was saying whack should be banned, that he did 2 lines and ended up in A&E, and then asks "does anybody know what is in it".

What are these fools thinking? I like fairly spicy foods, I have yet to taste wasabi sauce, when I do get a chance I am certainly not going to wolf down 2 big tablespoons in a single go and then go saying nobody should eat it, or it should be banned as it will burn the mouth off you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

rubadub wrote: »
    Or at least try a very small dose FFS. Some idiot in another thread was saying whack should be banned, that he did 2 lines and ended up in A&E, and then asks "does anybody know what is in it".

What are these fools thinking? I like fairly spicy foods, I have yet to taste wasabi sauce, when I do get a chance I am certainly not going to wolf down 2 big tablespoons in a single go and then go saying nobody should eat it, or it should be banned as it will burn the mouth off you.

Nice analogy :)

Natural selection at work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Natural selection at work.
    Didn't hear anywhere in the report that he was killed or left infertile after taking the drug.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Xanphia

I have yet to see anyone in the news papers or speaking nationally against this legislation as a whole. Where are the Alternative Traders Association? What are they doing? Not much by the looks of things. I'm officially giving up. No one is ever going to have a common sense approach to drugs in this country and speak in public about it. There is nothing we can do about it unfortunately. No one is actually going to protest because of the stigma attached to drug use and fear of losing their jobs. The Anti Headshop brigade are there to protest and the government hears them and thinks that this is the way the whole country feels. I think its SICK that we are bending over and letting them screw our civil rights. Truth is most people in Ireland are way to conservative to handle something like this. Whats really funny to me is people actually think by making these substances illegal that little Johnny and Mary wont be able to get their hands on it. In fact it will be easier for them to get because Drug Dealers don't ask for I.D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

Xanphia wrote: »
    I have yet to see anyone in the news papers or speaking nationally against this legislation as a whole. Where are the Alternative Traders Association? What are they doing? Not much by the looks of things. I'm officially giving up. No one is ever going to have a common sense approach to drugs in this country and speak in public about it. There is nothing we can do about it unfortunately. No one is actually going to protest because of the stigma attached to drug use and fear of losing their jobs. The Anti Headshop brigade are there to protest and the government hears them and thinks that this is the way the whole country feels. I think its SICK that we are bending over and letting them screw our civil rights. Truth is most people in Ireland are way to conservative to handle something like this. Whats really funny to me is people actually think by making these substances illegal that little Johnny and Mary wont be able to get their hands on it. In fact it will be easier for them to get because Drug Dealers don't ask for I.D.
    There was a chemist working for the government who spoke about ecstasy being less dangerous than nicotine. He got the sack. Not surprising everyone is afraid to speak out.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

I have yet to see anyone in the news papers or speaking nationally against this legislation as a whole. Where are the Alternative Traders Association? What are they doing? Not much by the looks of things. I'm officially giving up. No one is ever going to have a common sense approach to drugs in this country and speak in public about it. There is nothing we can do about it unfortunately. No one is actually going to protest because of the stigma attached to drug use and fear of losing their jobs. The Anti Headshop brigade are there to protest and the government hears them and thinks that this is the way the whole country feels. I think its SICK that we are bending over and letting them screw our civil rights.

Do you have any ideas how to get the huge amount of drug users in Ireland to get up and fight for their civil rights? Nobody else will stand up for drug users because of the excellent government sponsored 'war on drugs' propaganda. I mean who wants rights for druggy scum? :rolleyes:

When the rest of the world changes their views and laws on recreational drug use then our lot in power might follow on.

It`s quite frustrating alright. Our hands are tied.

I have yet to see anyone in the news papers or speaking nationally against this legislation as a whole. Where are the Alternative Traders Association? What are they doing? Not much by the looks of things. I'm officially giving up. No one is ever going to have a common sense approach to drugs in this country and speak in public about it. There is nothing we can do about it unfortunately. No one is actually going to protest because of the stigma attached to drug use and fear of losing their jobs. The Anti Headshop brigade are there to protest and the government hears them and thinks that this is the way the whole country feels. I think its SICK that we are bending over and letting them screw our civil rights.

Do you have any ideas how to get the huge amount of drug users in Ireland to get up and fight for their civil rights? Nobody else will stand up for drug users because of the excellent government sponsored 'war on drugs' propaganda. I mean who wants rights for druggy scum? :rolleyes:

When the rest of the world changes their views and laws on recreational drug use then our lot in power might follow on.

It`s quite frustrating alright. Our hands are tied.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Horse_box

Pace2008 wrote: »
    Sounds like Whack could be naphyrone, a nasty compound unfit for man or beast that only came into existence as a result of blanket bans on cathinones in the UK (themselves the product of the prohibtion of better-known substances).

Done this stuff a few nights back after someone telling me it was mephedrone.

All I can say is to anyone who is thinking of going near this stuff. Don't!

Had no sleep for 3 days after two sniffs of the stuff and my friends were the same. Horrible horrible substance, worse than BZP if that's even possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭c0ldfyr3

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    And it becomes really obvious when you buy 20 benson and hedges with a packet of green papers.. :P
    Green papers are red without corners so blind people know which way to roll them, why would you buy green or even red for that matter? You may as well roll up some cardboard!!

c0ldfyr3 wrote: »
    Green papers are red without corners so blind people know which way to roll them, why would you buy green or even red for that matter? You may as well roll up some cardboard!!
    Personal preference?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Green papers are red without corners so blind people know which way to roll them
    That is a myth (it is even listed on wiki as being for blind though), the cut corners make it easier to roll, tucking in the ends which is tricky for some and the cut edge makes this easier. I can assure you a blind person could easily tell which way to roll standard papers, you can easily feel the crease and gum. If I was blindfolded I would have trouble telling coins or bank notes apart, I would have no trouble with rizla.

From rizlas own site
    http://www.rizla.com/history/
    "Fancy cutting corners for an easier roll? We did just that, cut-off the corners and launch Rizla Green, made to make rolling more simple"

Pace2008 wrote: »
    Personal preference?
    If by personal preference you mean smoking less paper in favour of tasting the contents more than the container than yes. Red/Green rizla are easier to roll with, there is no other point that can be made in the defence of smoking them.

• Advertisement

That is a myth (it is even listed on wiki as being for blind though), the cut corners make it easier to roll, tucking in the ends which is tricky for some and the cut edge makes this easier. I can assure you a blind person could easily tell which way to roll standard papers, you can easily feel the crease and gum. If I was blindfolded I would have trouble telling coins or bank notes apart, I would have no trouble with rizla.

From rizlas own site
    http://www.rizla.com/history/
    "Fancy cutting corners for an easier roll? We did just that, cut-off the corners and launch Rizla Green, made to make rolling more simple"

Thanks for the info, strange that stupidpedia is wrong though eh ;) ?

If by personal preference you mean smoking less paper in favour of tasting the contents more than the container than yes. Red/Green rizla are easier to roll with, there is no other point that can be made in the defence of smoking them.
    Being easier to roll with is reason enough for some, as well as the fact that they're the only skins sold in some newsagents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

There's nothing better than a baggy red-skinner spilling hotrocks all over the place if you want to get nicely messed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

why would you buy green or even red for that matter? You may as well roll up some cardboard!!

Have to agree.....three skinner with green papers, horrible taste of paper drowning out the taste of anything else, especially if you get handed the middle of the joint. Blaaahh! Disgusting!

Two skinner blueys all the way. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Mark27

Took that 'Whack' stuff myself last Friday (May 28th) night at a party down in Wexford. Didnt come down off it or sleep the whole weekend and arrived back up in dublin Sunday night. Girlfriend called the cops twice Sunday night and Monday morning because i kept hearing and seeing a group of four fellas on the street below trying to get in the main door to my apartment block and discussing how they were going to break into my apartment and wreck the place. Severe hallucations altogether!

Cops came round about midnight and calmed me down and went away etc. (4am)Started hallucationing the second time and thought the four fellas had made it in so stuck my head out the door and could see them sitting on the stairs all wearing hoodies and watching me and all had some sort of bats/weapons. Went back in to my apartment and grabbed two big carving knifes and went out to see if they were real or not before we called the cops again. I wasnt been agreesive just checking to make sure they were real.

Next thing the same two cops appeared in front of me with their bats out and shouted at me to drop the knifes which i did immediately. (Girlfriend had called the cops a second time) Could still see them sitting on the stairs watching me so cops called an ambulance and brought me down to it. First time ever in an ambulance and hopefully the last.

Got brought to the Maher hospital, every male person that spoke, i could hear the same voice over and over again. Was in the hospital until about 2pm the next day. Had to have chat with a pyscharist about hallucations before they would give me any meds. Told me to give up the Cannabis as was bad for me etc and gave me sleeping tablets to last three nights.

Was still completly wired leaving hospital, went home and had a joint of Superskunk that evening about 8pm and it brought me straight back up on hallucations. Thought i could see a man standing outside the door smiling at me when i looked through the peephole.Looked out my kitchen window and could see the reflection of two guys sitting against my front door waiting for me to open it. Next thing i could hear someone in the bathroom and i locked the door. Rang the girlfriend and told her someone was in my place and she arrived over with her father of all ****in people. I was in a complete paranoid mess at this stage and flushed weed and everything down the toilet, still not sure why.

(Monday evening) Edventually took the two sleeping tablets and drifted off. Woke up Tuesday still in awful mess, had figured out by that stage that the weed was a psycho substance and was working with the other stuff. Had an extremly rough day Tuesday and tuesday night, really anxious and paranoid, kept looking out the windows to see if there was someone there. Took more tablets that night and work up Wednesday still wired.

Had an idea then so drank 3 litres of very hot green tea with 6 bags and then had a really hot bath. Sweated like a bastard in the bath altogether and got out feeling 50 times better. Went to sleep Wednesday night and woke up Thursday feeling almost normal. Friday then was fine, just a little bit paranoid.

Found out that two lads at the party had been brought into St Senans outside Enniscorthy and are still there so suppose im lucky enough. Anyway if there is anyone thinking of trying it and telling themselves that its going to be like coke/blow/wildcat etc its NOT and stay well away from it.

Read on the internet that its called '2D' and invented during the Vietnam war but shelved because it was two dangerous. No idea if that is actually true. Only good thing that came out of it is that ive been smoking weed for about fine years, havent smoked it now in nearly 10 days and almost feel sick at the thought of it.

One of the lads that eneded up in St Senans was only 18 and looks about 15. Couldnt believe that someone in a shop, newly opened one in Waterford had willingly handed over something so dangerous. Id love to ask him if he tried it himself before he went handing it out to pratically kids. Fair enough im old enough to make my own decisions!

Keep away!

Mark27 wrote: »
    Took that 'Whack' stuff myself last Friday (May 28th) night at a party down in Wexford. Didnt come down off it or sleep the whole weekend and arrived back up in dublin Sunday night. Girlfriend called the cops twice Sunday night and Monday morning because i kept hearing and seeing a group of four fellas on the street below trying to get in the main door to my apartment block and discussing how they were going to break into my apartment and wreck the place. Severe hallucations altogether!

Keep away!

That sounds terrible, I hope you are ok now. These kinds of incidents were bound to happen after the government banned mephedrone and this Naphyrone sh1t came to replace it.

Mephedrone seems like a shot of caffeine in comparison.

Well it's all gone balls up now. The government had a chance to regulate the less dangerous legal high's but decided a complete ban was the way to go.
    Result, the criminal dealers are cleaning up, and the headshops are stocking 'real' poison. Nice one Politicians.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭yank_in_eire

Do not despair fellow boardsies! Special K is still freely available - being a legitimate veterinary medicine as it is:D:D:D:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Do not despair fellow boardsies! Special K is still freely available - being a legitimate veterinary medicine as it is:D:D:D:P

Wobble Wobble

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Steodonn

-snip-

How much you take

• Advertisement

Was still completly wired leaving hospital, went home and had a joint of Superskunk that evening about 8pm and it brought me straight back up on hallucations.

Smrt guy is smrt.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement