Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advancing streetfighter.ie

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Speedhaak

Robbknoll wrote: »
    Just thought id let whoever runs the site know that i couldnt make an account on it. When everything was filled out and i clicked on sign me up it just brought me back to the same page again with what i had typed in erased.

Apologies Robbknoll. I've looked into it an it's fixed now. You should be able to sign up.

@Placebo

There wasn't one originally and I never checked (just skipped my mind) - I did install one recently but unfortunately it was causing conflicts with the user database resulting in people not being able to complete the sign up process. I'll get something else up there asap. It's just I'm mad busy at the moment.

If the mods could just keep an eye on user registrations for the time being it would be great. Or just in general.

EDIT* I've installed another plug-in to content with spam. Hopefully it will help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Im not sure the new green background works with the foreground colours to be honest.

Well, originally there were shouts about "get rid of the swamp green" - then with the other background some folks were concerned the site didn't look Irish enough and suggested green again.

Personally, I don't mind. Perhaps you guys need to consolidate what you actually want. Someone needs to be 'in charge' as it were of the aesthetics. Can't keep changing it every time someone disagrees with the looks. :P

Again, I'm more than happy to be helping out. But:

1) There need to be caretakers for the site (mods and stuff)
    2) Someone or a group charged with the look of the site
    3) erhmmm... ran out of things..

:D

I was giving out about the swamp green, lol. I dont think the site should look Irish, that whole thing is cheesy and cliche in my opinion. You dont see srk in the stars and stripes or neo empire with the union jack, lol.
    Your right that someone needs to be in charge of what it looks like. Probably should be Farz.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i_accept_your_apology_sticker-p217466643065825983qjcl_400.jpg

il do up a mega design

• Advertisement

bush wrote: »
    I was giving out about the swamp green, lol. I dont think the site should look Irish, that whole thing is cheesy and cliche in my opinion. You dont see srk in the stars and stripes or neo empire with the union jack, lol.
    Your right that someone needs to be in charge of what it looks like. Probably should be Farz.

I agree with you there, but I'm only doing what I'm told :P Blame Sairus :/

Look Bush, you seem interested in the general way the site looks. Have a gander at the site and tell me what you think should be done to it. Perhaps you could suggest some imagery (for the background) amongst other things. I spend all day on other projects so it's hard for me to fiddle with streetfighter.ie because I loose money by not working on other jobs.

However, I will update it if solid suggestions are made (like the removal of avatars in the front page posts (which looks better - thanks Sairus) so don't be afraid to criticise the design or content.

Shoot.

I think the site is nice. The only thing I wasnt keen on was the background. Id prefer the old one over the green. How about trying a grey like on neo empire.

http://www.neoempire.com/

I changed that, let me know if it's okay. :/

Speedhaak wrote: »
    I changed that, let me know if it's okay. :/

I like it

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Background looks great, and I agree with Bush, less Irish the better. Its just too cliche

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

put an add up in the paper for a webdesigner for streetfighter.ie

Image7.gif
    il be sure to apply :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Sairus is wrong about everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

That was me just taking the piss about all the anti irish people on here. Hence the pac man face :pac:

We are the irish fighting game community after all, that is the one thing that makes us unique so I did lean towards that kinda style rather then just have it look like every other fight game site.

But I'm in the minority there. And most people have expressed many times they don't like anything irish about it , I was just taking the piss last thing I expected was that comment to result in changes on the site.

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Just a thought but have we looked at embedding the FG forum on SF.ie and linking logins with boards ones so people are 'automatically' members logged in?

Surely we know enough peeps in boards to make it happen? That way you could use the steefighter.ie website as the landing site for all things Streetfighter Ireland and still maintain boards connections....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Security nightmare for boards I'd imagine.

A-Trak wrote: »
    Security nightmare for boards I'd imagine.

maybe. I can't see that as being a problem really though. Aren't their hosted forums on other sites that have boards integration?

Integrating the databases would be a big task. Not only to get it working but for it to port over existing members.

Speedhaak wrote: »
    Integrating the databases would be a big task. Not only to get it working but for it to port over existing members.

yes it would, if you did it that way. Is it not possible to use the boards authentication on the streetfighter.ie and integrate vbulliten support. We do this with some of our clients but I'm not 100% on the sf.ie set up. :)

If its too much work, fair enough. Just a thought.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Just a thought but have we looked at embedding the FG forum on SF.ie and linking logins with boards ones so people are 'automatically' members logged in?

Surely we know enough peeps in boards to make it happen? That way you could use the steefighter.ie website as the landing site for all things Streetfighter Ireland and still maintain boards connections....

Can't see this being a possibility.

Can't see this being a possibility.

naysayers and their negativity - always naysaying. tut tut tut.... you and your half empty glasses. Cross combobulation is the way of the future online. Quit livin in the past Marge! :p

Like I said, just a thought. Something that could be broached long before actual effort went into developing and/or integrating it?

:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Can someone tell me what went wrong here?
    http://streetfighter.ie/index.php/2011/02/03/kikimaru024-sagat-vs-rightbackbill-akuma-gen/

When I go to "Edit your submission", the youTube embedded video shows.

However, on SF.ie all I see is
    <iframe title=”YouTube video player” class=”youtube-player” type=”text/html” width=”640″ height=”390″ src=”http://www.youtube.com/embed/9RHYIVghRts” frameborder=”0″ allowFullScreen></iframe>
    :confused:

Hey man, sorry about that. I've fixed it now. You don't need to insert the embed code any more, just the URL of the youtube video.

Advertisement