Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advancing streetfighter.ie

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

You know what, cosidering youtube could change how they address the vids tomorrow, perhaps having our own index is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

yeah good thinking
    progress

0e627b9a04614fda9e94af3.png

complete basics for now, ofcourse styling will be done in the end
    if anyone wants to help out, enter all the characters, first digit caps only please and no parenthesis or punctuation
    http://iamjpg.com/streetfighter/character.php

i dont think il allow delete functionality as then the associated ID for character will be deleted and it will **** us up major

Can we add fights in that form?

are you talking about the screen shot on the far right?

thats the variables i think were eligible ? any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Done; the characters for you.

• Advertisement

thanks, populating dropdowns from the db, so everything will always be accurate and sustainable.
    Video upload is almost done, you can test it out here:
    http://iamjpg.com/streetfighter/video.php

thanks to red for help with link algorithm, if the link contains time, it will be populated in the drop down box, otherwise you can select the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Who did the new site? Looks deadly.

Jim wrote: »
    Did Farz do the new site? Looks ****.

lol, no. STINGERRRRRRRRR

EDIT: JIM edited his post, because hes a fool

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Eh?

Jim wrote: »
    Eh?

Farz didn't do the new site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Can I get admin access on the new site please?

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Can I get admin access on the new site please?

My admin account got wiped out in the big changeover, PPC recovered it though. Asketh him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

The new site is nice, a lot better. One thing though, does it really need the background image? You cant really see it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Speedhaak

No, I guess not. I can take it out if you lot want. Just let me know. Haven't had much feedback at all. So it's hard for me to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Speedhaak wrote: »
    No, I guess not. I can take it out if you lot want. Just let me know. Haven't had much feedback at all. So it's hard for me to know.

Dont do it on my accord anyway :pac:

Maybe im the only one who doesnt like it.

It's fine, no worries. Just let me know if ye want it removed. I also noticed some people posted Player Videos but have had trouble showing them. I'll look into that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,978 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Not had a chance to look at the site, but if it's anything like the MM site, then it'll be awesome.

Good work Haakington.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Site needs to look more Irish! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Not sure if ye think the Irish scene is big enough but, how about a monthly podcast ?. Could do it right before each Inferno to hype it up, talk about the results and what went down during the previous Inferno, as well as any online tournaments held. First few episodes could probably talk about the history of the Irish scene so far, you could even have guests on it week such as OG Irish players talkin about how it was 'back in the day', maybe even get some international players(Bush could Interview WorstGiefEVER and ask him his thoughts on the the Blanka matchup :p).

Just a thought :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,978 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

As long as we never again use the term OG.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Rolling down the street sippin on gin and juice, Laid back,
    With my mind on my yomi and my yomi on my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Haven't had much feedback at all. So it's hard for me to know.
    I can do some of that!

First off though, great work. I hadn't realised it had changed until I randomly visited the page the other day. T'was a great surprise!
    Now for the critique:

The background does look off. I'd recommend something more flat and potentially in green.

I dont think each article needs the avatar of those who posted them. They already have the author credited under the title and the avatars look tacked on. Also, I'd prefer a text colour that's not orange for the titles, but that's purely a personal choice.

The menu under the site logo is hard to read in places due to the transparency. I'd give them fully opaque backgrounds.
    Also, they reallign themselves to fit the screen, and on my 1024*768 display 'Events' ends up on a line by itself. Maybe locking the buttons into two smaller rows, or making drop downs for similar themed options could deal with that?

Finally the boxes on the right go down too far. By the time I reach the last few I've totally tuned them out.
    I'd remove the following:
    Log In - There's already a log in tab at the top of the page. No need to double them up.
    Recent Comments/ Recent Posts - Does anyone ever really look at these?

I'd also place the Tournaments and Events pane higher. It should get more priority than the community box - possibly put it at the top. It's what we want everyone to know about first and foremost after all.

Thanks for that Sairus. Unfortunately I'm extremely busy at the moment so I won't be able to do any of that for a few days.

However, I just logged in to the site to do some small things and noticed a **** load of spam in the activity feed section. This really needs to be kept in order. There are also numerous spam accounts (I deleted around 50) - I think you lot need to get a few people who are interested to keep an administrative eye on the site, as currently there are ads for T-Shirts and all sorts in the Activity section :/

I deleted as much as I could but I've too much work to do today to get the remaining spam.

I think you lot need to get a few people who are interested to keep an administrative eye on the site, as currently there are ads for T-Shirts and all sorts in the Activity section :/

Sounds like a job for Bush80, imo!

gwan the bush

speaking of updates, im almost there with the Database

Some example pages:
    http://iamjpg.com/streetfighter/video.php
    http://iamjpg.com/streetfighter/browse.php
    http://iamjpg.com/streetfighter/player.php

You can now login, if assigned as superadmin, you can add/edit/delete videos/events/players etc
    if admin you can only add/edit videos/players

All i need to implement is
    -Styling, through out the site, putting it together
    -Registration [some sort of approval thing]
    -Search functionality
    -validation when uploading videos etc

Just cleaned out a rake more of the spam.

I seriously won't have the time to be doing that alot though...

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Konata is like a spam destroying master, you should get her to help out :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

It is my speciality I guess - damn A&M being spam bloody central >_<

I wouldn't mind helping out with spam if you need another person or whatever. I certainly have the time anyway.

why isnt there a spam plugin installed for wordpress?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Just thought id let whoever runs the site know that i couldnt make an account on it. When everything was filled out and i clicked on sign me up it just brought me back to the same page again with what i had typed in erased.

Advertisement