Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advancing streetfighter.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yeah, completely against the idea of setting up an independant forum here too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Would it be possible to have the newest videos on the front page like srk. Say the last 3 or 5 videos show on the front page automatically?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Bush80 wrote: »
    Would it be possible to have the newest videos on the front page like srk. Say the last 3 or 5 videos show on the front page automatically?

I don't know if we could do it how it is on SRK but I was thinking that once the video section is sorted then I could put up a post everytime new videos go up, with a pick of the best vids.

I could have a look at the widgets and see if we could do something like SRK or maybe Jim or PPC could answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,979 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Sisko wrote: »
    Arguing with a mod is against the rules on boards no?

Arguing against a mods decision is, but not having a discussion/argument.

If that's your only reason, then it's not a good one. Even if we have our own forums, we'd still have to mod them and the mods decisions would have to be final.

Bans on boards are generally temporary too, two weeks at most, but they'd be more likely to be permanent, when there's no cmods/feedback/prison to argue your case.

Then when you bring in the cost and legal issues, boards is easily the best choice.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I've created a new thread for this discussion as it's dragging another useful thread OT.

• Advertisement

Orim wrote: »
    I don't know if we could do it how it is on SRK but I was thinking that once the video section is sorted then I could put up a post everytime new videos go up, with a pick of the best vids.

I could have a look at the widgets and see if we could do something like SRK or maybe Jim or PPC could answer.

That would nice, or have the grand finals of inferno on the front page each month etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Make it look and feel like this site plz tnx gg'z

http://www.clubmed.com/cm/jsp/clubmed_welcome.jsp

Makes me so happy to be on the web :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Yeah i applied when they first opened for submissions.
    They do a round up once a week including news from each site.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

well thats great
    NOW you cant be posting how emotional day of the champions was.
    Gotta keep it slightly less local so we can get featured

also i better redo up the site so.
    ALSO can anyone sign up and post? if so thats a security issue

also
    http://streetfighter.ie/?page_id=3
    5709ab8f267645eb838a814.png
    lol wtf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Placebo wrote: »
    well thats great

also i better redo up the site so.
    ALSO can anyone sign up and post? if so thats a security issue

also
    http://streetfighter.ie/?page_id=3
    5709ab8f267645eb838a814.png
    lol wtf

They can only signup and comment.
    Commenting goes through akismet first, then if its your first comment it has to be approved. If you've been approved already your comment appears straight away.

Writers can submit posts for an editor or admin to approve.

well thats great

Why not? And what else are we going to post about?

I know let's just copy the same news that's on the front page of every other FG website out there. That'll be wonderful.

why bother getting featured then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I think the point is, why visit an Irish Street Fighter site to read the same worldwide news featured everywhere else.

If you aren't interested in what's happing in the Irish scene, don't visit the Irish website, seems sensible enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

PPC wrote: »
    They can only signup and comment.
    Commenting goes through akismet first, then if its your first comment it has to be approved.

Then who approved the american guy's comment?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

animaX wrote: »
    Then who approved the american guy's comment?!!

Maybe the system wasn't implemented back then?

Maybe someone just wanted a stereotypical American making a fool of himself on the world stage who knows. :pac:

Maybe the system wasn't implemented back then?

Maybe someone just wanted a stereotypical American making a fool of himself on the world stage who knows. :pac:

Or maybe it was secretly Doyler posting from boston :P

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

This is great to see. Great job PPC. Pre-emptive stikres always pay off.

Madden: Get creative writing!!!! :p

Serious well done to all involved in SFIE.

why bother getting featured then.

Because we can featured to get traffic and show what's happening in our scene. I mean by your logic Inferno is also just a small, local, casual tournament so let's not have anything on the site about that either.

Day of Champions is great crack and makes for a good day. It also shows that we aren't just about SSF4.

I'll say it again what do you think should be going up on the site?

Personnally I'd like some more strategy from Irish players and when I have a bit less to do I'm going to go through Azzas old posts and see if I put something together.

in fairness DAN,
    do you think any one gives a flying two toss's what goes on in our leprechaun island? I had thought about news a while back but obviously it will be just a regurgitation of whats out there and thats useless but if anyone was bothered, they should have done video interviews at svb, or even audio ones. Ryan hart, seth killian, ono, everyone was there. Even better, posting videos about big EU players, or a round up encyclopedia on players and there history.
    Even our thoughts on some eu players.

Its a fine blog for our local events but those wont get featured, although ASFAIK its automated. but might be moderated for a site like srk.
    But all in all, its a site to evolve our scene, not to get international looks, so i guess we can just look at the srk thing as a bonus, even if it is useless

saying that im gonna work on a new theme, the current one is too heavily txt based

• Advertisement

in fairness DAN,
    do you think any one gives a flying two toss's what goes on in our leprechaun island?

Yeah you're right nobody cares what's going in the country. We may as well shut down the site, shut down the forum and cancel all the upcoming events cause you know nobody cares.

no one cares outside of ireland, why would they ? considering no one here even played fighting games 2 years ago.

why quote me out of context

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

DoA4 scene was healthy from what I hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

People outside of Ireland not care ( yet ) but people like me, who live in Ireland do! Besides, isn't the scene in the north older than the souths? We all one island after all.

The Irish scene is only in its infancy for crying out loud, let it grow.

The majority of people outside of Ireland wont have an interest in it but it doesnt hurt to be on srk. You will get some people who have an interest in reading about smaller scenes though.
    What about that dude from Korea who posted his ideas for a mad fighting game on here?. Wouldnt hurt to have more people like that pop in.

Bush80 wrote: »
    What about that dude from Korea who posted his ideas for a mad fighting game on here?.

Wasn't he one of your mates?! ;)

animaX wrote: »
    Wasn't he one of your mates?! ;)

Not anymore, he doesnt use focus enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

There have been posts on SRK before from Americans asking about the Irish scene as they're coming over on holiday, and as well as that there have gotta be a fair few Irish players on SRK who still don't know about SF.ie. I've no idea why you're against promoting the site/scene on the biggest FG website on the net Farz.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

It's good to have the reports on the Irish stuff. Especially considering some of the lads are making an international presence. Keep making waves like that and suddenly, people start paying attention - checking results to see who's on form, checking YouTube for potential footage of future (Top 16) opponents, etc.

Remember Irish Cammy!

🤪

• Advertisement

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    There have been posts on SRK before from Americans asking about the Irish scene as they're coming over on holiday, and as well as that there have gotta be a fair few Irish players on SRK who still don't know about SF.ie. I've no idea why you're against promoting the site/scene on the biggest FG website on the net Farz.

well firstly, im not against any sort of promotion, secondly I myself have devoted my own personal time to put forward ideas and developing posters[plural for future] and i started on the new design for the site a while back.
    My concern is that the site should appeal to an international audience at some level. The people who posted on srk coming on holidays will not find any information on the site, unless they spend a few proper minutes looking around, its not categorized as well as it should be.
    With such a great offering from SRK i think we can push the site further, intelligently.

Advertisement