Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 9 Cup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Wylie Luke wrote: »
    Absolutely gutted, dominated in every aspect (here) and stil lost, looking at man for man I really thought I could squeeze out an ugly win, especially in the lineout and scrum and looking at the turnover rate I'm very surprised :(
    It's a bit of a bummer cos the Boards Cup isn't exactly going to plan and neither is my League :(

I need a hug

hug.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Wylie Luke

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Scrummage

next round I got Geraldine RFC I think that is ajeffares team.

Scrummage wrote: »

It is indeed - not that he comes around here much anymore:(

Wylie Luke wrote: »
    Absolutely gutted, dominated in every aspect (here) and stil lost, looking at man for man I really thought I could squeeze out an ugly win, especially in the lineout and scrum and looking at the turnover rate I'm very surprised :(
    It's a bit of a bummer cos the Boards Cup isn't exactly going to plan and neither is my League :(

I need a hug

Energy seems to be a issue, I TNT'd last league game my 1st 15 totally fecked I went out and bought reserves with crappy stats and they have won two games against div II opposition leads me to believe that energy has now become more important than CSR or skills.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Im in shock. I cant believe i lost. Against a one click team so played the 2nds. The stats say i should have won, the scoreboard says i lost 24-17. I...I...I...NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭crisco10

eoferrall wrote: »

Eof, I see I got a league-mate of yours in the next round. Big Beefy Boys.

Any insider information?;) (is he a boardsie?)

After my win today in the cup, my fans are Euphoric. Nice. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Got pretty dominated by Dreamer. Tactics were not up to scratch, tried something newish and it didn't really come off :( My fans have also gone from Thrilled to Buoyant. I need to win this weekend game now haha :o Good game dreamer, cheers for the WNWIM agreement.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Well im through, played my 1st's though :(

I think with the whole energy thing this season I may look into buying a cheap/rubbish player to make up the numbers for saturday and Monday, if theres a boards game on, and look to beating XaviXI as he would beat me man on man, but if I can do something and have fully energy, I may get through again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

jprender wrote: »
    I have half acre hornets in the next round.

Anyone know much about them ?
    They're in my league. Manager knows the game pretty well. His team isn't there yet, but he has prioritized most of the important positions- 2,9,10,12 and 15 are all decent. Considering is squad is so thin, energy levels are surprisingly good. I'd say he's focusing on the cup, he hasn't really gone for a win in the league yet.

I'd say defend drift and target the lineout - Padula will steal ball all day. You have a significant advantage in the backrow and wing, so I'd say both P&G and expansive are pretty viable. I'd be playing rush against you if I were in his shoes.

• Advertisement

satory wrote: »
    Well im through, played my 1st's though :(
    My heart bleeds :D. I've played my first XV at LTNT for the second Wednesday on the trot. I fully expect to have 5-7 players injured by sunday week.

One problem with winning big is that contentment can only go to 100, but the sky's the limit for ranking points. The fans are in for a hard landing when I end up losing to a team that's my equal but ranked way lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

They're in my league. Manager knows the game pretty well. His team isn't there yet, but he has prioritized most of the important positions- 2,9,10,12 and 15 are all decent. Considering is squad is so thin, energy levels are surprisingly good. I'd say he's focusing on the cup, he hasn't really gone for a win in the league yet.

I'd say defend drift and target the lineout - Padula will steal ball all day. You have a significant advantage in the backrow and wing, so I'd say both P&G and expansive are pretty viable. I'd be playing rush against you if I were in his shoes.

I'm glad you gave sound advice, I was going to give him a go based on my experiences of two seasons ago. I haven't checked my result yet. I'm nearly sure of a loss and afraid of a drunken rant on boards, so I shall type here first and check results later.

So, lost 22-7. Bah! Seems her foxtrot outdid my flamenco.

crisco10 wrote: »
    Eof, I see I got a league-mate of yours in the next round. Big Beefy Boys.

Any insider information?;) (is he a boardsie?)

After my win today in the cup, my fans are Euphoric. Nice. :cool:

Hey, nah he is not a boardsie as far as I know. he has a big and fat front row, but his 2nd rows are not up to much (and not overly tall either). if you can play rush defence I would. he seems to play PnG & driving and then expansive but not so much creative. his pack is heavy.

It was against him I messed up while on holidays (set all teams before I went but misjudged a few energy wise and had weary players on the pitch!)

Hope that helps you! if you want any more info just give a shout!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

A team of the reserve players on my 'other' team [bot flushed up to div 4] knocked out a team from div III.

Seemingly played off the park in every category but tries scored :)

The 'reward' is getting pumped by a team from div II next week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Yup tis me . . .

Hey, I've been very active over the last few weeks :p

Hey, nah he is not a boardsie as far as I know. he has a big and fat front row, but his 2nd rows are not up to much (and not overly tall either). if you can play rush defence I would. he seems to play PnG & driving and then expansive but not so much creative. his pack is heavy.

It was against him I messed up while on holidays (set all teams before I went but misjudged a few energy wise and had weary players on the pitch!)

Hope that helps you! if you want any more info just give a shout!:p

Thanks a lot!

Have alright Rush defence. been trying to build it up recently. Prob go for it! well maybe not LTNT it..we shall see.

Thanks a lot!

Have alright Rush defence. been trying to build it up recently. Prob go for it! well maybe not LTNT it..we shall see.

Lost this game 27-25.

No idea how. Dominated the stats, was marginally better in the ratings. Poor finishing really cost me. (obviously!)

Oh well, brightside is that my team can now concentrate on the league and bizarre results like this keep the game interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

Beaten 32-0 as expected but contentment stayed at Euphoric. Probably because it was a cup match and against far superior opposition.

Comfortable enough win - my opponent's players were all wrecked.
    Foirenn Rugbai next week, so that'll be the end of my cup run :(

A bigger concern is my attendance: with euphoric fans, I had 1,400 empty seats. I was filling the stadium in week 12 (with reasonable contentment) last season.

Mind you, given the level of whining in the clubrooms, i'd expect some kind of relief in week 8. Most likely the ability to reduce capacity/staffing on a match-by-match basis.

ajeffares wrote: »
    Yup tis me . . .

Hey, I've been very active over the last few weeks :p

Congrats on the win, looks like I did a bit of damage to a few of your players.

• Advertisement

Lost this game 27-25.

No idea how. Dominated the stats, was marginally better in the ratings. Poor finishing really cost me. (obviously!)

Oh well, brightside is that my team can now concentrate on the league and bizarre results like this keep the game interesting!

Jeepers! you really did dominate the game stats wise! any other day and you would have walked him. unlucky with that.

on a side note I have cork rebels in next round... yay!:( well on bright side hopefully they have big stadium which they will fill and give me lots of free money! :D

Came through and won 31-12 fairly happy with it all, now to start planning for my assault on the Barbarians RFC in the next round :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Congrats on the win, looks like I did a bit of damage to a few of your players.

Yea i know . . . I TNT'd still didn't expect to win though
    My team are dead:eek: I've already accepted defeat on saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Eireannach

Good News: Won my contest 8-32 and very likely to win again next week.

Bad News: 3 long term injuries and my team is worn out resulting in poor league performance.

Team set, Tactics set... patron ready to be beaten? set....:o haha!

let's go!

Well the pre-match stats have me edging it with .5, to 1 star better than my opponent in most things, pity I have to head to work and wont know the result till later on :(

prematch have me getting spanked! pretty much a star behind overall, only one I am ahead is lineouts by half a star and scrums level... hopeing my superior energy will keep me in game he has a few weary on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Are you LTNT'ing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Been ages since I've been on here.... work getting in the way of life!

Am uo against a Div II team tonight and shouldn't have a chance. That said a lot of his players are knackered so the pre-match line up looks pretty close. Here's hoping....

• Advertisement

Orizio wrote: »
    Are you LTNT'ing it?

With you on saturday!? it's more likely I am WNWIM'ing it!!;)

Advertisement