Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 9 Cup

Options
  • 31-05-2010 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭

Does this start this week or next?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

Wednesday week (June 9th) for Blackout Cup.

Edit: Looks like its this wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Thanks Cody.

Everyone remember the 'trick' to making extra money via the cup?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

Orizio wrote: »
    Thanks Cody.

Do tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

It started on the 1st Wednesday of the season last time around.

My 1st round game was on the Wednesday before my first league game which was against you cody.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

You've lost me now! get as far as possible?! and sell players while managers are getting shedloads in in early rounds?

• Advertisement

:D

I have a bot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

I have a bot.
    I expect everyone will have. Since I last checked, my league fixtures have disappeared, and my cup fixture has appeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Wylie Luke

Orizio, please do share any info on how o make extra money as I'm skint!

:)

• Advertisement

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

:p

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:
    Clare :mad:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Clare :mad:

Surely not Leitrim? The place doesn't exist! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

So how's everyone doing? I assume everyone is playing bots this week? and so the only question is ... whose going to get the highest winning margin!?:D

I want to break the centenary at some point this season, so the early rounds of cup are the only opportunity - that is break it with WNWIM!:D

Edit: Actually Just remembered theres a thread already on this.... thanks Orizio for moving this post to that thread! :D

So I've been promoted (even before the bot flush), lost a friendly against better opposition(wnwim), won my Boards Cup game (normally) by 1 point and won my BR Cup game (normally) by 59 points against a bot, why on Earth would my members go from Thrilled to Cheery? I think I've plenty of staff for my tiny little stadium :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Wylie Luke wrote: »
    So I've been promoted (even before the bot flush), lost a friendly against better opposition(wnwim), won my Boards Cup game (normally) by 1 point and won my BR Cup game (normally) by 59 points against a bot, why on Earth would my members go from Thrilled to Cheery? I think I've plenty of staff for my tiny little stadium :(

When were they thrilled? Contentment has been regenerated a few times this week in response to bugs/people being unhappy, the last time was an hour or so before the cup match. The latest way is that its been done from what you were at the end of last season.

If your a premium member you can check the timline, but only pay attention to this season as the timeline part for last seaon is wrong (I get a big drop on the timeline from last season to this).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Also you would have lost a decent bit of contentment losing wnwim in the friendly (although friendly effects on contentment were tweaked so maybe this isn't much anymore). You would not have got much gain from the cup match as its a first round match against a bot and early stages of cup count for less (I think) while playing a lower ranked team also lowers gain.

So if you were just above the points that give Thrilled maybe you are just under that amount of points now, although it does seem harsh losing friendly and winning cup but dropping contentment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭crisco10

Does anybody know who they are playing on Wednesday yet? Be nice to know before the boards cup match on monday if I have a BOT on Wednesday! Last season, cup fixtures went up almost straight after the preceeding round didnt they?

crisco10 wrote: »
    Does anybody know who they are playing on Wednesday yet? Be nice to know before the boards cup match on monday if I have a BOT on Wednesday! Last season, cup fixtures went up almost straight after the preceeding round didnt they?

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/tools.live.scoring.php#fixture=5207785

You have a bot.

I swear that wasn't there yesterday!:rolleyes:

more bots. Sweet. and at home, my new stadium can make its debut!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Have a bot tonight and am taking a bit of a gamble by playing mostly my second team. Have one of the big guys in the league on Sat and want to go all out for that.... fingers crossed I don't regret it in a few hours.

GL all

Its almost completely impossible to lose to a bot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Its almost completely impossible to lose to a bot.

That's what I'm banking on!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

I think i could have lost this game but fortunately made couple last minute changes. Had bunch of salary savers on. even now the stats dont look completely convincing.

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/tools.live.scoring.php#fixture=5207437

I think i could have lost this game but fortunately made couple last minute changes. Had bunch of salary savers on. even now the stats dont look completely convincing.

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/tools.live.scoring.php#fixture=5207437
    You'll be fine imo. With that stamina difference you'll hockey them in the last 20.

Playing a bot with 2 salary savers starting. Means I am only have higher CSR in 13 players.

Ratings are a bit closer than I would like but should win with my WNWIM nonetheless. The shame if I lose to a bot. :eek:

• Advertisement

Well I learned something new today. I dropped the staffing levels for the bot match today (still well over what I should have needed), and I got three emails of complaint after the match. Looks like the required staffing levels depend on capacity rather than attendance.

Advertisement