Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 9 Cup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Orizio wrote: »
    Its almost completely impossible to lose to a bot.

Last season I tried my hardest to lose to a bot and couldn't. I had all my worst players on and I had props where wingers should be and vice versa... still kept notching up decent victories. I don't have any salary savers these days, but even so the bots must be ridiculous

And Dave, I told you about that staff yoke ages ago! Sheesh, nobody listens to me... if only there was some way I could appear on everybody's log-in screens.... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Orizio's got a nightmare draw in R3 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

My next opponent. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 coyote10

I'll match your City Of Derry, with Darkside! :(

Bring it on! :D

Ah ****, I didn't get a monster team like you boys, but I got a decent Div 3 team that's gonna make me work for it. I was hoping to coast a bit longer :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

I know how you feel. I've got aaarugbyboy.

The good news is that he and city of derry are playing against each other in the league saturday. I really can't see how to beat him if he goes full team LTNT against me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Yeah I'm just going to throw the cup game and LTNT my league game, as I have a feeling my league opposition will do likewise.

Thankfully the Cork Coyotes beat my league opposition last Saturday so I'm just going to imitate his tactics. :p

I'm starting to wish I had a great or crap cup opponent. As it is I think winning the match is doable, but then we've got the league and boardsie to consider. Bah! Humbug!

Fewcifur wrote: »
    I'm starting to wish I had a great or crap cup opponent. As it is I think winning the match is doable, but then we've got the league and boardsie to consider. Bah! Humbug!
    Things have gotten a little complicated lately allright. With the boards teams getting older, and the dutch lads leaving, there aren't many teams left in Ireland who are unbeatable, given the right set of circumstances.

With the boards teams getting older

You're bringin' a tear to my eye old man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭crisco10

Yeehay! another BOT at home.

Although, having won somewhat dodgily last night at WNWIM. My contentment level tanked. Dropping 23 points. They really kill you for WNWIM in the cup now.

What odds on a Boards cup winner by S11?

Yeah I'm just going to throw the cup game and LTNT my league game, as I have a feeling my league opposition will do likewise.

Thankfully the Cork Coyotes beat my league opposition last Saturday so I'm just going to imitate his tactics. :p

Maybe I changed them? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Wooo another bot in the cup, sweet!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Yep, they're in my league so I feel your pain. At least you don't have to play them twice :(

I got a nice cup draw against a not quite one click Div. IV team, so at least I should have the cup to distract from my league for another week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Ah FFS, I got Ankh-morpork Watchmen

This season is panning out to be one long losing streak - I can't even TNT the game as I have a must win home game coming up.

I wish I was back in Division3.

Phonehead wrote: »
    Ah FFS, I got Ankh-morpork Watchmen

This season is panning out to be one long losing streak - I can't even TNT the game as I have a must win home game coming up.

I wish I was back in Division3.

Last year they knocked me out, tore me to shreds and then handed my arse back to me :(:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

I know how you feel. I've got aaarugbyboy.

The good news is that he and city of derry are playing against each other in the league saturday. I really can't see how to beat him if he goes full team LTNT against me.

Got hammered at home against the Titans last weekend. Them and City of Derry seem to be the ones to beat (read get horribly beaten by) in my league.

I cant really offer any valuable insight unfortunately I was too outclassed on level intensities against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

eoferrall wrote: »
    Last year they knocked me out, tore me to shreds and then handed my arse back to me :(:o

Might play reserves a TNT him - worth a shot

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

1st player controlled team for me also this year, Tuam

Should be no problem, I hope

Phonehead wrote: »
    Might play reserves a TNT him - worth a shot

Would be a worth it, think if I remember right I had coyotes and orizio in the two league matches following so only WNWIM'd the cup match... long time ago now to be sure, but I think that's what happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

1st player team here as well. Should be able to take him but I fancy a long cup run this year (getting the builders in) so I need to make sure of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Gonna get hammered.

Playing against the #4 ranked guy in the country.

He's in 1.1

I should just wave the white flag now.

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    Gonna get hammered.

Playing against the #4 ranked guy in the country.

He's in 1.1

I should just wave the white flag now.

2nds squad at normal sir... these days it doesn't do to just WNWIM if you can help it, your contentment will take a big hit and you'll lose mucho moneyz.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

ha ha I got a bot:D

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Wylie Luke

I've another Div iv team, looks even enough though he's only a newbie (even more so than myself!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

ajeffares wrote: »
    ha ha I got a bot:D

Wanna swap? :cool:

You can have my #2 ranked guy.

(He's moved up two places now :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

I think I'll stick as I am:P

Based on the match preview I think I might actually stand a chance to make it a close game against Darkside (hopefully they're playing WNWIM!).

Orizio's gonna get hammered by COD though

coyote10 wrote: »
    Based on the match preview I think I might actually stand a chance to make it a close game against Darkside (hopefully they're playing WNWIM!).
    I know the feeling. This actually looks alright. I think he gambled that I would roll over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

I know the feeling. This actually looks alright. I think he gambled that I would roll over.

thats fairly close dave but you might edge him. I might watch your game as i have a bot.

Advertisement