Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What country has the most sexually liberated women

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

....my viewpoint is that knowing and being comfortble with your own body, knowing what you want from your sex life, being able to experiment with your sexuality and in the bedroom to enjoy sex more (i could keep going) is sexual liberation.

Just because a girl isn't putting out or easy to score has no bearing on whether she's comfortable with her body, knows what she wants from her sex life, is happy with how she expresses her sexuality etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Lux23 wrote: »
    How does one define sexually liberated?
    Look up whore or slut in the dictionary.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Its funny this thread is supposed to be about sexually liberated women yet its full of men talking s***e.

You'd swear women never willingly wanted to have sex ever before let alone actually might enjoy doing so. :pac:

"Easiest to score" my arse!

How does one define sexually liberated?
    Its funny this thread is supposed to be about sexually liberated women yet its full of men talking s***e.

:rolleyes: Yeah silly men actually discussing something which you were trying to figure out yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

thebigbiffo: What would you regard as repressed? - I think we've gone too far in the opposite direction.
    the thing is - some people believe that you can't enjoy sex without 'compassion, love or anything else'...the thing is, yes you can and as long as your responsible, it's nobody's business and it doesn't de-value sex as long as the person involved does not feel it's devaluing it for them

Nothing was said about enjoyment. I'm sure people can enjoy it temporarily.

I think it really does devalue sexuality to divorce it from its intended context within a loving and a stable relationship (What is considered stable is up for discussion, I'd have my own views on that).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

prinz wrote: »
    Just because a girl isn't putting out or easy to score has no bearing on whether she's comfortable with her body, knows what she wants from her sex life, is happy with how she expresses her sexuality etc.

eh, i didn't say it did. in fact, that was my point

eh, i didn't say it did. in fact, that was my point

Which leads us to going round in circles because no one can say what sexual liberation actually is. For some it's how easy she is to get in the sack, for some it's what she does in the sack, for some it's something completely different.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

California! (As soon as it separates from the other 49 states, and the Governator becomes Presidinator) ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

California! (As soon as it separates from the other 49 states, and the Governator becomes Presidinator) ;)

Ditto, incredibly easy women and up for anything, the hordes of them that stream into Las Vegas on Friday and Saturday nights are easy and well liberal in the bedroom!

Which leads us to going round in circles because no one can say what sexual liberation actually is. For some it's how easy she is to get in the sack, for some it's what she does in the sack, for some it's something completely different.

just to put us on the same page - i've said in my previous posts that in my opinion sexual liberation is about being able to enjoy/explore your sexuality without externally imposed taboos (church telling you all sex is bad m'kay etc)

in response to jakkass. i believe repressed is the inability to explore your sexuality because of externally imposed taboos (church telling you all sex is bad m'kay etc)

that's the simplified version and i'm just using the church as an example of a force which did, in reality, try to/did repress sexuality. there's many other factors on a social and personal level - but i'm just being general here

• Advertisement

just to put us on the same page - i've said in my previous posts that in my opinion sexual liberation is about being able to enjoy/explore your sexuality without externally imposed taboos (church telling you all sex is bad m'kay etc)

I don't even think that the Roman Catholic Church says that all sex is bad.
    in response to jakkass. i believe repressed is the inability to explore your sexuality because of externally imposed taboos (church telling you all sex is bad m'kay etc)

Again, I'm not entirely sure that that is even being said.
    that's the simplified version and i'm just using the church as an example of a force which did, in reality, try to/did repress sexuality. there's many other factors on a social and personal level - but i'm just being general here

I'm sure in some cases it did, but I don't think just because you aren't loose that you "aren't exploring your sexuality".

Jakkass wrote: »
    thebigbiffo: What would you regard as repressed? - I think we've gone too far in the opposite direction.

Nothing was said about enjoyment. I'm sure people can enjoy it temporarily.

I think it really does devalue sexuality to divorce it from its intended context within a loving and a stable relationship (What is considered stable is up for discussion, I'd have my own views on that).

sorry, but just to pick up on your last point. who says sex was 'intended [to be in] a loving and stable relationship'...this is news to me. sex was about reproduction full stop. that's the intended function - but it's also a very enjoyable phsyical act and can be enjoyed without the need for the societal norm of a 'loving and stable relationship'.

and look, if start down the road of slaggin darwin your a candidate for a virtual slap :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Prinz - I know what it means to me and that's all that matters. My question how do you define sexual liberation as it means different things to different people but I guess I should have explained my question more fully.

just to put us on the same page - i've said in my previous posts that in my opinion sexual liberation is about being able to enjoy/explore your sexuality without externally imposed taboos

You mean like our current media/culture/society's ever present message that if you're not sexually active you must be weird? There are far more threads on the PI forum by people asking is being a virgin weird, than there are people ashamed of being sexually active.

sorry, but just to pick up on your last point. who says sex was 'intended [to be in] a loving and stable relationship'...this is news to me. sex was about reproduction full stop. that's the intended function - but it's also a very enjoyable phsyical act and can be enjoyed without the need for the societal norm of a 'loving and stable relationship'.

I think the divorce between the two is ultimately destructive to society, and I've explained in what ways.

For me, the two of necessity go together, one follows the other. Anything else seriously cheapens the idea.

The thought process that they do not go together at all, is something completely alien.
    and look, if start down the road of slaggin darwin your a candidate for a virtual slap :)

I haven't mentioned Darwin or evolution. I just think that my understanding is that humans are capable of more than animals are.

Prinz - I know what it means to me and that's all that matters. My question how do you define sexual liberation as it means different things to different people but I guess I should have explained my question more fully.

You're right. So why is discussing what it means "talking s***e?" though? :confused:

Jakkass wrote: »
    I don't even think that the Roman Catholic Church says that all sex is bad.

Again, I'm not entirely sure that that is even being said.

I'm sure in some cases it did, but I don't think just because you aren't loose that you "aren't exploring your sexuality".

1: they may as well have...but they certainly never condoned sex outside marriage, gay sex (ahem, even though a large portion were riding everything, inc kids in some cases) - i think it's a fair statement to say they contributed to sexual repression (whatever your definition of that is)

2: i'm saying it - it's just my opinion, i wasn't trying to speak for the whole thread

3: i'll say it again - re read my posts. i've been trying to distance my opinion from anyone who reckons 'sexual liberation' is about f'uckin everything that walks - i've never once said thats what liberation is about

You mean like our current media/culture/society's ever present message that if you're not sexually active you must be weird? There are far more threads on the PI forum by people asking is being a virgin weird, than there are people ashamed of being sexually active.

i was born with a knob - chicks with a vagina (i wont use slang here :D)

so, if you're a virgin - no your not weird, your born that way. however, if you stay a virgin for a long time (ie, well into your 20's) imo you are sexually repressed. you should be exploring your sexuality - in your own time under your own rules and without any external pressue on either side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

nah, was only trying to say irish women have a hang-up about sex.

Have you had experience with every Irish women yea? Bit of a leap to make there. :rolleyes:

if you stay a virgin for a long time (ie, well into your 20's) imo you are sexually repressed......... you should be exploring your sexuality - in your own time under your own rules and without any external pressue on either side.

Eh, contradiction much? In your own time, under your own rules, just as long as it's not into your 20's because then obviously you are just sexually repressed...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

USA hands down :D a whiff of an Irish accent and the women are all over you ;)

Seriously though its the norm just to get chatting to a woman on the street/bookshop/park etc in America and end up asking her for her number or on a date. It's no big deal to the women that men are sexually attracted to them and they're usually happy to meet up with you again. In Ireland it seems the only way women want to meet men is when they're hammered in a pub/nightclub..at least in my experience (sorry big generalisation there ALL Irish people seem to be fu*ked up as regards sex).

Kimia wrote: »
    Have you had experience with every Irish women yea? Bit of a leap to make there. :rolleyes:

if i could direct you back over this thread you'll see that it's a generally accepted view - jesus, scroll up and look at the pole! maybe you're 'sexually liberated' - and for gods sake dont get me started on definitions of that terms.

but yeah, i believe so...this is based on being alive at the present moment myself and having friends who are also alive and hooking up with sexual partners of many nationalities.

IRISH WOMEN DONT DO GOOD SEX

there, i said it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 mcmickey

It would have to be Sweden amd Swedish women are GORGEOUS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Older Irish women do ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

if i could direct you back over this thread you'll see that it's a generally accepted view - jesus, scroll up and look at the pole! maybe you're 'sexually liberated' - and for gods sake dont get me started on definitions of that terms.

but yeah, i believe so...this is based on being alive at the present moment myself and having friends who are also alive and hooking up with sexual partners of many nationalities.

there, i said it

I thought the poll is showing which country has the easiest women to score? So perhaps you just find it difficult to score Irish women?

Eh, contradiction much? In your own time, under your own rules, just as long as it's not into your 20's because then obviously you are just sexually repressed...

bah...you see my point i suspect but your just trolling.

unless you've been locked up until your late 20's, if you haven't has a sexual partner i believe there is something wrong and - by extension - you're sexually repressed...

queue argument where i'm painted as the guy who's telling people to sleep with someone, ANYONE GODDAMMIT, lest you become sexually repressed and a weirdo. yawn.

i'm off home now to express my sexuality with my wife (hopefully - i find she can be fierce repressed sometimes:D)

Kimia wrote: »
    I thought the poll is showing which country has the easiest women to score? So perhaps you just find it difficult to score Irish women?

jesus h christ, would ya mind readin the f'uckin name of the thread and reading through it before you make assumptions as to what in hell i'm talking about. there's been an argument going on here forever regarding the meaning of liberated and...

oh ya know something, you're not worth the effort.

btw: my success or lack thereof with irish women is completely off subject. you sound like i insulted you? maybe you could just use a good ride?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    <grabs popcorn>

*opens ryanair website*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

i'm off home now to express my sexuality with my wife (hopefully - i find she can be fierce repressed sometimes:D)

Hope she's not Irish! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

bronte wrote: »
    Hope she's not Irish! :pac:

I blame the EU myself.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Advertisement