Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Cup IV - Game Time!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭crisco10

26 all with about ten left. Getting interesting.

Not for long! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Bah. 33-26 fulltime. Tidy game Eoin.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

26 all with about ten left. Getting interesting.

Do yourself and eofarrell have full teams out or what?

Hilarious. In the first game of the cup, last play of the game, Lunster gets a length of the field try to beat me.

This time around, last play of the game. He turns me over on his own line, length of the field try to make it 15-15. Missed the conversion though. Small mercies and all that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Orizio wrote: »

About 3/4's of a full team... but also tried a few players in new positions like Neylan at scrummie (which seems to have turned out nicely!!)

just reviewing it now Dave, from the stats seems to have been very nip tuck. Glad I spent some time this afternoon after holidays reviewing a few of your matches!;)

• Advertisement

eoferrall wrote: »
    About 3/4's of a full team... but also tried a few players in new positions like Neylan at scrummie (which seems to have turned out nicely!!)

just reviewing it now Dave, from the stats seems to have been very nip tuck. Glad I spent some time this afternoon after holidays reviewing a few of your matches!;)

What happened on Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

jprender wrote: »
    I am fielding a newly purchased B-side for the remainder of the boards cup and playing LTNT for at least the group stages.

Fear not, as you will all quite easily beat me !

Well they were more than a match for my 2nd string line up.

If they were your 2nd string can I have Fearon and Wakelin, they would make my firsts ;)

What happened on Saturday?

Was away for the week and set my team for all the matches... mis estimated the energy drains and so on..hard to predict four matches in advance! also tactics were all wrong. raging as contentment took a serious hit:mad:

2 first team players for me. That's my excuse and i'm sticking to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Won very well . . . didn't expect that

• Advertisement

eoferrall wrote: »
    Was away for the week and set my team for all the matches... mis estimated the energy drains and so on..hard to predict four matches in advance! also tactics were all wrong. raging as contentment took a serious hit:mad:

I suppose you couldn't go on holidays more often could you...

I suppose you couldn't go on holidays more often could you...

i'm away again for a weekend soon enough.. unfortunately for you its the weekend before I play you, so your match will have my full attention!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

ajeffares wrote: »
    Won very well . . . didn't expect that

good win alright jeff. i played complete B team on LTNT. LTNT obviously makes no difference when the team is rubbish anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Dave, whats the split in each group for the boards cup, nearly there and try harder?

2 first team players for me. That's my excuse and i'm sticking to it.

21 points ahead at half time and you pegged it back to 26 all with not long to go - if I had been watching it I would have been bricking it!!

paltridge scored a nice reply - he's in the U20 program so hoping for more to com from him! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

mar-z wrote: »
    Well they were more than a match for my 2nd string line up.

If they were your 2nd string can I have Fearon and Wakelin, they would make my firsts ;)

Ha, Fearon plays 'cos he is my main trainee, I told you he was playing before hand :D

Wakelin plays 'cos he is on my B-team until his form gets off "limited". Not good enough for the firsts in that kinda form !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Pounded by Kilarney again. Bah, those scamps just can't be beat!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

good win alright jeff. i played complete B team on LTNT. LTNT obviously makes no difference when the team is rubbish anyway!

Really? . . . I would have thought it would make more of a difference

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Pounded my Kilarney

Is that new street slang :p

jprender wrote: »
    Ha, Fearon plays 'cos he is my main trainee, I told you he was playing before hand :D!

Oh I know you did and was expecting it. That wasn't meant as a sly "you didn't play your full 2nds" by the way. More that I need a stronger team unfortunately :D

• Advertisement

mar-z wrote: »
    Is that new street slang :p

Totes

• Registered Users Posts: 13 finbar_omahony

I havent been given the opportunity to accept a friendly for round 5, this isnt normal is it?

I havent been given the opportunity to accept a friendly for round 5, this isnt normal is it?

Is the next few weeks not the mid season break for those of us still in the Ireland cup?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 finbar_omahony

phew, i hope thats the case

The boards cup web site has the next fixture down as round 5, and not round 9/10 or when ever its actually going to be on

Sh!t.

Just logged on there to set my team for tonights game and the game was 44 mins in! Turns out Morale is based in NZ...

Playing my 1st team on normal. Plan was to play 2nds on WNWIM. Ah, bye bye energy levels on some of my players!

crisco10 wrote: »
    Sh!t.

Just logged on there to set my team for tonights game and the game was 44 mins in! Turns out Morale is based in NZ...

Playing my 1st team on normal. Plan was to play 2nds on WNWIM. Ah, bye bye energy levels on some of my players!

Say what?! That's a bit odd really.

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Say what?! That's a bit odd really.

you know the way friendlies are played at the home teams local time... I was the away team in NZ (Morale is the NZ team in the Boards Cup). A pain in the hole, my squad of pumped/supercharged players now has a significant dent of sprightly/fit/weary...

set team... and when picking subs ended up putting the hooker in i had starting as a sub without realising and so a winger is now my starting hooker - this should be interesting!!

Good luck MMII

crisco10 wrote: »
    you know the way friendlies are played at the home teams local time... I was the away team in NZ (Morale is the NZ team in the Boards Cup). A pain in the hole, my squad of pumped/supercharged players now has a significant dent of sprightly/fit/weary...

Yeah, I know why it happened, it's just odd that A. There's a New Zealand team in the boards.IE cup and B. That you weren't informed in advance by the party.

• Advertisement

The site is now up-to-date-ish (UCG 3rds should actually be on 14 points, as they got a walkover last round).

Advertisement