Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Cup IV - Game Time!

Options
  • 26-05-2010 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭

Thought I'd kick off an aul thread for the boardsie cup.

How's everyone set?
    I was initially thinking it'd be a cake walk to have such a low seeding, but after checking out my opponents I'm easily the weakest team in the blinkin' group! Egads! Here's hoping for a run of bots in the cup or I'm totally over stretched.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Dont think Il be up to much in the boards cup this year. Sold off few players and wont be replacing them for few weeks so first half of season will probably be a right off for me.

Dont think theres any reason not to WNWIM the cup again this season. IGT training is 100% regardless of who your playing for friendlies and why take the energy hit by playing normal or LTNT especially seen that training is gonna cost energy now too, unless your in a league of bots that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭crisco10

Dont think Il be up to much in the boards cup this year. Sold off few players and wont be replacing them for few weeks so first half of season will probably be a right off for me.

Dont think theres any reason not to WNWIM the cup again this season. IGT training is 100% regardless of who your playing for friendlies and why take the energy hit by playing normal or LTNT especially seen that training is gonna cost energy now too, unless your in a league of bots that is.

Simliar situation myself. Flogging a few players at the moment but no intention of buying until most people have dropped out of the cup. Might leave me a little threadbare.

Have a couple of BOTS in my Div though. So with a decent run of BOTS in the cup, I might sneek up to normal once or twice. Would need to, the other 3 teams in my group are hundreds of spots ahead of me in the world rankings!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

I'll have to wait and see on the contentment hit for losing wnwim is like in friendlies (I'd hope not much of one) before committing myself to either normal or wnwim. Hopefully it wont be an issue and I can save energy for elsewhere.

Pool 2 is looking tricksy so it should be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Will be using it to play my 3 trainees and back up players, I most probably will wnwim as I really want a big cup run as our league just got a savage Div 2 side so it's all about the cup for me.

Phonehead wrote: »
    our league just got a savage Div 2 side so it's all about the cup for me.

Chicken Mcfly!!!:D

• Advertisement

Chicken Mcfly!!!:D

I will give it a shot but he will be normalling now so even with a TNT it would be near impossible to take a team like that out:o

Phonehead wrote: »
    I will give it a shot but he will be normalling now so even with a TNT it would be near impossible to take a team like that out:o

How bout we both LTNT him on our home games, as long as we dont have any cup or must win league games the week after. Just to give him a nice welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭JohnButler

I must admit seeing this thread has givin me a tinge of sadness.

Must move on God dammit!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Full fixture list is up on the offsite. The rest of the site should be back up over the next day or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

And we're off!

Very confused, I was sure I had it at normal intensity, but I've already had 2 replacements in a very WNWIM style. All going wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Great ding dong battle between myself and the bog warriors, they have the slight upper hand. great defense against me. 7-0 at half time!

I hope I'm on WNWIM intensity, either way I'm getting dismantled by a far superior side. The fans won't be happy, but they better get used to this sort of pounding.

14-10 up against the Fookers at the half, but they've already broken my line 4 times in the 2nd. Lucky its the same score still.

Edit: Spoke too soon :( (and 6 line breaks this half! :o)

After 46 mins i finally took the lead against geraldine rfc 10-8. Pretty close game.

Much better start to the second half. 19-0 and going after the bp!

Much better start to the second half. 19-0 and going after the bp!

I hope your not playing WNWIM... :(

Jaysis, game over, I've been truly taken apart. As I suspected, this boards cup is going to be a major disappointment for the Curlies.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

The wheels coming off the Everyone Likes A Tryer bandwagon! :pac:

eoferrall wrote: »
    I hope your not playing WNWIM... :(
    Relax, I'm at normal. High intensity season ahead, the players need to get used to it ;)

26-20 bonus point win for Grubber against the Fookers. It was a great match and their 2nd half performance probably deserved to take the match.

A tmo decision of no try 2 mins from time for the Fookers as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Jaysis, game over, I've been truly taken apart. As I suspected, this boards cup is going to be a major disappointment for the Curlies.

I rather think you got your discipline wrong.

Lost 15-10. not happy. stupid wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭crisco10

NO WAY!!!!!!!!

4 minutes to go, 2 points up. This happens:
    has spied an inviting gap straight up the middle! Holohan is through the gap instantly! It doesn't look like Heraghty and Higuchi can get to Holohan now... Holohan went to to put down the ball one-handed, but it looked like it fell out of his hand before he got firm downward pressure! This will really be embarrassing for Holohan if the try is ruled out!

TMO ruled it out. (Would have been a BP try too)

Then was on their line in the last play of the game and this happened:
    Garvey intercepts the pass and suddenly it's going the other way! He breaks away down the sideline, but there's no support in sight as the Men Who Stare At Goats cover pours across field. Noooo.... here comes Clement from a mile back! Where on earth did he get the energy to keep running? Garvey swings out a low ball at Clement, it's dropping at his feet... Clement volleys it ahead, I think he's got the drop on Flynn! Llewelyn, Flynn and Atar are all staring at each other as Clement snorts over on the right side of the posts! There are still outstretched arms and bewildered looks as Clement gets up and punches the air! What a score for Lunster! Clement has scored one of the greatest tries you will ever see. He starts his famous post-try celebration. The fans love 'the Robot' and that is why Clement is one of the most popular players in this team. Some fans just turn up to watch a bit of seventies nostalgia! Suddenly all the momentum is with Lunster. Clement is the try-scorer, building a lead of 3 points for Lunster.

Lead for the whole game too. :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

mar-z wrote: »
    26-20 bonus point win for Grubber against the Fookers. It was a great match and their 2nd half performance probably deserved to take the match.

A tmo decision of no try 2 mins from time for the Fookers as well.

Yeah great game !

Sad to see the TMO gods are angry with me again :(

Anyway, a bonus point away from home, I'll take that and look forward to you visiting Fooker Stadium :D

(I like this home and away thing, a nice bit of needle involved)

Orizio wrote: »
    I rather think you got your discipline wrong.

Ah yeah, hard one to judge really, certainly slowed down their game, but yes, gave away many penalties. It was a bit of a Frankenstein team really, but still a sign that I need to improve to be competitive in Div3.

jprender wrote: »
    Yeah great game !

Sad to see the TMO gods are angry with me again :(

Anyway, a bonus point away from home, I'll take that and look forward to you visiting Fooker Stadium :D

(I like this home and away thing, a nice bit of needle involved)

I'll be happy if I to manage get the losing bonus in the away tie. I was trying to figure out if the angle was bad enough to stop you taking the lead again during that TMO delay. The lads seem to enjoy testing my mental health in the last few matches.

I agree the home/away ties add to the cup.

Tralee Titans 46 - the Rucks 5, playing WNWIM and my two trainees may have been a stupid decision:( the injuries while playing wnwim has been cranked up! seems like they really want you to play all games normal.

Relax, I'm at normal. High intensity season ahead, the players need to get used to it ;)

Damn you! well makes me feel better so!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Eireannach

Fewcifur wrote: »

Good game Fewcifur. I'm going to take the Boards Cup a little more serious this year and am playing the matches at Normal level. Just had a season where I brought no hardware home so my lads are going to play a little harder. Good luck in the rest of the cup.

• Advertisement

Eireannach wrote: »
    Good game Fewcifur. I'm going to take the Boards Cup a little more serious this year and am playing the matches at Normal level. Just had a season where I brought no hardware home so my lads are going to play a little harder. Good luck in the rest of the cup.

Eireannach is Kilarney?! Noooooooooo! I was your baby's godfather! Noooooooo!

Well played sir. Very messy game on my part, reckon your boys would have pounded home a few more points if my chumps managed to stop falling over each other :)

Advertisement