Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Cup IV - Game Time!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Eireannach

Are we doing 6 matches before the knockout stages or only 3? I'm asking because I only have 3 matches scheduled but I see 6 on the fixture list on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Eireannach wrote: »
    Are we doing 6 matches before the knockout stages or only 3?
    6. Must post up the rest of the fixtures in the next day or two actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Eireannach wrote: »
    Are we doing 6 matches before the knockout stages or only 3?

6... playing home and away games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

6... playing home and away games

Great, I have to play the Titans again!!! how do I break the news to me boys:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Phonehead wrote: »
    Great, I have to play the Titans again!!! how do I break the news to me boys:confused:

With a big ol cake! "Eat up fatties... this is the last cake you'll be having this season!"

• Advertisement

Fewcifur wrote: »
    With a big ol cake! "Eat up fatties... this is the last cake you'll be having this season!"

I'll TNT him

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Wylie Luke

Can't believe it, beat East Coast Tinders 23-24 with a bp on the road!
    Didn't think I had any chance so moved a few players about, rested some (as the league will be my priority this season) and WNWIM!!!!
    All the stats say I should have lost! If that was me I'd be so cross I'd prob jack the game in and take up football or something!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Lost 41 - 26 to Yermen. Could have turned out differently though, had a try disallowed, then they got their own try allowed by the TMO. Then they got a try in the last minute. Was disappointed to not get the losing bonus point, but ah well. Can see myself bottoming the group :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Orizio wrote: »
    The wheels coming off the Everyone Likes A Tryer bandwagon! :pac:

SHUT UP!:mad:

He normaled me against my WNWIM:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

eoferrall wrote: »

...and yet you still lost. To a person from Clare.

Oh the shame, the shame...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

eoferrall wrote: »

How did the WNWIM loss affect your sponsors contentment ?

I went down from 72 to 58, a 14 point drop :eek:

I was playing normal, against a higher ranked team, and it was a friendly :eek:

That seems a bit excessive to me.

Orizio wrote: »
    ...and yet you still lost. To a person from Clare.
    EXCUSE ME!?
    Orizio, you talk a lot of nonsense here and that's fine, but there is a limit!

jprender wrote: »

i had a 45 point drop, played normal too. only lost the game by 5 points. i think you regain a little bit everyday anyway tho.

It's such a big drop though.

Won't that have a huge effect on the attendances for a cup game only 2 days later ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

EXCUSE ME!?

You're excused - did you sneeze or something?

It's such a big drop though.

Won't that have a huge effect on the attendances for a cup game only 2 days later ?

probably, its only at content at min.

28 points up, winning against a side of similar (very slightly lower) ranking @ normal.
    Looks like our new fans are realistically fickle then ;)

28 points up, winning against a side of similar (very slightly lower) ranking @ normal.
    Looks like our new fans are realistically fickle then ;)

right, so it looks like big swings in contentment then.

God help you Johnnysmack when we meet next week !! :D

right, so it looks like big swings in contentment then.

God help you Johnnysmack when we meet next week !! :D

I better pull out a big win against that bot on wednesday so the fans wont go suicidal!!

Just remembered this part:
    Wins or losses by more than 15 points, or more than 30 points will also have different effects.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

I'm not sure if the contentment timeline is correct. My team won and contentment went from charmed to cheery. But the timeline says I've had a drop from 73 to 60 :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Lost :( Didn't want to start the season off like I ended the last but I did...

Thank god for the bot on Wednesday, new backline and tactics will need some more work over the coming days.

ok lads WNWIM is only to be played if you are sure you will win... I went from about 78 to 40....:eek:

and you thought your 14 drop was excessive? thats a ridiculous drop!:mad:

Livid with the contentment changes, so they punish us for losing a FRIENDLY when playing it at a friendly pace - the fans don't bother turning up and we get no gate income from friendlies!!!! LIVID with this change, friendlies are now not worth the effort because playing at normal will kill your players. A friendly is like the British and Irish Cup - as a Leinster season ticket holder do I care if Leinster win or lose, no not one bit, in fact I have no idea who won that bloody trophy! I love how they role out the Real Life example when it suits but this contentment is nowhere near real life........................ rant over

Phonehead wrote: »
    Livid with the contentment changes, so they punish us for losing a FRIENDLY when playing it at a friendly pace - the fans don't bother turning up and we get no gate income from friendlies!!!! LIVID with this change, friendlies are now not worth the effort because playing at normal will kill your players. A friendly is like the British and Irish Cup - as a Leinster season ticket holder do I care if Leinster win or lose, no not one bit, in fact I have no idea who won that bloody trophy! I love how they role out the Real Life example when it suits but this contentment is nowhere near real life........................ rant over

I agree, Friendlies are there to train players not to be won at all costs:mad:

Apparently it is a bug.

Contentment should not move so much for friendly games.

Jeremy is working on a fix at the moment.

Apparently it is a bug.

Contentment should not move so much for friendly games.

Jeremy is working on a fix at the moment.

So I assume it will go back up to near what it was then? cos a drop of basically 50% is rubbish and very harsh if it is not returned to where it was.

And will he have it fixed before the cup matches? this could have more impact than just friendlies if not, I have plans that rely on a certain level of minimum income.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

Winning on normal gives a nice boost though.

Just don't lose:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

MarVeL wrote: »
    Winning on normal gives a nice boost though.

Just don't lose:D

I actually lost 13 points winning on normal. Jp dropped 14 for losing the match.

But as said earlier its apparently a bug, so hopefully will get sorted soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭Leadership

crisco10 wrote: »
    NO WAY!!!!!!!!

4 minutes to go, 2 points up. This happens:

TMO ruled it out. (Would have been a BP try too)

Then was on their line in the last play of the game and this happened:

Lead for the whole game too. :mad::mad:

My God that was some game alright, the last two minutes were nail bitting. I look forward to the next game :-)

Advertisement