Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Cup IV - Game Time!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

yup, last night I lost by 4 points to a div 2 team in a friendly [both of us playing WNWIM] - in real life they would be pretty happy I was able to live with them, but sad to loose. But now my contentment is through the floor, only 4 places from the bottom.

Im just not playing friendlies again until its proven fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Looks like contentment has been recalculated. My fans are now euphoric, and have been since I won the bronze final last season. That's more like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Looks like contentment has been recalculated. My fans are now euphoric, and have been since I won the bronze final last season. That's more like it.

Im reading that there was a bug for understaffing at the stadiums... does this mean I should fire the additional fellas I hired now theyve fixed the bugs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Been recalculated again so might not be euphoric now.

The new/latest regeneration takes from where you were on Sunday (after qualifiers/playoffs,community challenge, etc), and only takes account the friendly using the new rules. Too many people complained that their contentment was destroyed as the first regeneration went back to the start of season 8.

Oisinjm wrote: »
    Im reading that there was a bug for understaffing at the stadiums... does this mean I should fire the additional fellas I hired now theyve fixed the bugs?

There was, if you got the message after Monday's friendly I think you can get rid, especially if there was no change from your home match before that.

• Advertisement

Aw nuts. Back down to cheery :(

Aw nuts. Back down to cheery :(

Yeah, I dropped back down with the latest one as well. Saying that this is a better way of doing it, just not the better for either of our teams :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Expecting a hiding tonight, prob 30+ points. Tryers gonna slaughter me in the set pieces.

How's everyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Looks like it'll be a close match between me and Yermen. I'm trying some revolutionary new tactics tonight (for my lads anyway) so I'm hoping they pay off.

I thought I was in for a hiding with lines like this...

"There are some worried frowns on [URL="javascript:teamClick(44518);"]Curly Sue Death Squad[/URL] faces as phase follows phase. They are finding it hard to stop [URL="javascript:teamClick(9374);"]Yermen[/URL] attack. [URL="javascript:playerClick(5255396);"]Martin[/URL] is on his feet and he robs [URL="javascript:teamClick(9374);"]Yermen[/URL] player of the ball instantly!"

It was really looking grim and then pressure all of a sudden was off. Phew.

10 - 0 down after ten minutes, and my pack is getting shoved around an awful lot. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Expecting a hiding tonight, prob 30+ points. Tryers gonna slaughter me in the set pieces.

How's everyone else?

Been working on pack since getting creamed in the final last season. so far this season working well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Half time and im leading our new U20 manager 8-28. Quite pleased bout that. :D

I just realised pre-match that the last time me and Yermen met I came away the loser in a 30-31 point match.

This one is looking similarly close. Currently 12-7 to the Death Squad, but my kicker missed one right under the posts and Yermen knocked the ball on right on the try-line before the half-time whistle, so my gut tells me the game is favouring an overall Yermen victory. Damnsit. Just hope I have him for stamina.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

eoferrall wrote: »
    Been working on pack since getting creamed in the final last season. so far this season working well.

How many of tonight's line up are your 1st team?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Think he is short 3-4.

20-0 down at halftime but turning it around. 20-10, 65 minutes in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Orizio wrote: »
    Think he is short 3-4.

Well from last seasons first 15 as Orizio says 3/4, but the recruits from YA are proving to be effective so might be regulars. and some are out of usual position (ie johnson at 8 instead of prop as usual) tactics are were I tinkered today mainly.

(the team is the same as saturday and didnt get home intime to change team, only the tactics)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

20-0 down at halftime but turning it around. 20-10, 65 minutes in.

Thank ya spoke to soon Dave:P Just scored another one there.

Feck, you got one back!! Three tries in 10 mins. should be a cracking finish!

Christ, another one! Bogwarriors are on some comeback. 27-24 to Wandering Wanderers with 5 to go!

Edit: Finished 30-24, Great game Dave.

Close fought 12-10 victory at home against Geraldine RFC.

Thats two home wins with 6 or less point margin wins. I think the away matches are going to be tough.

Good game Jeff!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

A nice 8-40 win to get my boards cup campaign back on track after last weeks defeat

Fulltime 30-24 Wanderers. I underestimated their lineout, and they demolished me at the scrum and breakdown. Good game Cody.
    On the bright side, I'm still taking two points out of the game :)

Yerman 7 , Curly Sue 24.

Every inch of this match was hard fought, it really was. Near the end it turned into a brawl to see who'd get a bonus point out of it, and I just managed to sneak in a try in the last play of the game.

Odd though, I was afraid of his taller props/locks in the line-out so tried to steer my game away from that area, I even loaded my 2nd rows with heavy scrum types, but in the end he was giving me a hard time in the scrums and I was dominating the line-outs. Very odd altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

A nice 8-40 win to get my boards cup campaign back on track after last weeks defeat

Yep, nice win there JS.

Now, where is cody1 ? :D

Going normal on Saturday suit you Cody ?

Normal it is JP. Best of luck. ;)

At last, the league tables are up.

At last, the league tables are up.

Jaysis, Kilsough South are top on points + margin. Maybe it's time the lad started giving me tips rather than the other way around!

The 'team of the week' idea is getting a trial run for round 2 here.

I'd love to get some feedback on this one, take a poke around and see if (in your opinion any of the jerseys have been awarded unfairly.

Note that players are only considered for the exact position in which they start that day, so I don't want to hear "My tighthead played better than the winning loosehead". On the other hand, I do want to hear "My 8 played better than the winning 8", unless you're Orizio :p.

It's quite slow at the moment. It'll get sorted eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭crisco10

The 'team of the week' idea is getting a trial run for round 2 here.

I'd love to get some feedback on this one, take a poke around and see if (in your opinion any of the jerseys have been awarded unfairly.

Note that players are only considered for the exact position in which they start that day, so I don't want to hear "My tighthead played better than the winning loosehead". On the other hand, I do want to hear "My 8 played better than the winning 8", unless you're Orizio :p.

It's quite slow at the moment. It'll get sorted eventually.

Thats quite cool. And I don't say that because half my pack made the team! What would be nice, is if each weeks team got archived. Then as part of my scouting, I could flick through previous "Teams of the week" to see which opponent players crop up most..

Having flicked around, I assume its just based solely on stars gained in the match?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Wylie Luke

I like the thought, don't think i'll be featuring though!

Advertisement