Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHat does your OH do that lets you know they love you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Have to say speaking from a guys point of view this thread is great! Full of little ideas on how I can show her I love her! Keep them coming!

Promise that this is the last pic Ill post up but my girlfriend just uploaded this and I think it''s the msot adorable one she's done.

154692_10150351009645338_613270337_16115181_6813482_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ninawoodlin

Well for one he believes in everything i do. He does lovely gestures like posting on websites and not just talking about me in nice ways to complete strangers but he also shows off my ART. He can be so sweet sometimes i could just cuddle him for hours and give him hundreds of kisses. And even after 2 years of us being together we have never gone to sleep angry at each other.

And even when he doesn't fell its his fault he apologies.
    I love you Whedon.

154692_10150351009645338_613270337_16115181_6813482_n.jpgphoto.php?fbid=10150351009645338&set=a.10150253542605338.475798.613270337

Promise that this is the last pic Ill post up but my girlfriend just uploaded this and I think it''s the msot adorable one she's done.

154692_10150351009645338_613270337_16115181_6813482_n.jpg

Totally ruined my nice act sweetheart.

Totally ruined my nice act sweetheart.

Shush my dear, I use Darko on here so no one will ever know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jamjamjam

Is it me or is it nowadays that people overuse those 3 little words that mean so much?
    I think it means so much more when someone says "I Love You", after not saying it for a day or two especially an OH?

Shush my dear, I use Darko on here so no one will ever know.

oh im sorry...x byes peeps

jamjamjam wrote: »
    Is it me or is it nowadays that people overuse those 3 little words that mean so much?
    I think it means so much more when someone says "I Love You", after not saying it for a day or two especially an OH?

I know I say I love you quite a lot, I mean a lot but its because I decided along time ago when I was younger that if you feel it let someone know and to this day If I feel it I tell the person I'm feeling it for. Plus Love is very important to me it makes my world go around. Sometimes Im not sure that there is even any room in my heart for blood because of all the love I have cramped up in there.

Plus Life is short... and I would hate something to happen to me and not to have told the people I love most in the world that I love them.

Plus some people like to hear it too. Some people can get a bit crazy when their Other Half doesn't say it as much as they do. what is best is if your other half says it like all the time and you have a propblem with it let them know. Or just say it back. Either way too much love is not all ways a bad thing...

Unless its unrequited... Because that sucks.

P.s Give someone a hug tomorrow (but make sure they aint be crazy first!)

P.s Give someone a hug tomorrow (but make sure they aint be crazy first!)

you just rock :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

jamjamjam wrote: »

Sometimes I just say it by accident... Well, not by accident, but it just comes out. I mean, I'm a big believer in love and only saying it when you really, really mean it and all that stuff, but there are some days where I might say 'I love you' loads of times. Not even just to my boyfriend, but to friends as well. I don't think it means more to say it less. Love always means a lot, and if I had to go around holding in how I felt, well, that'd be a bit crap really.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Darko/ninawoodlin, if I could thank your posts a million times I would.

Awesome, just awesome, love it, so unique, memorable, did I mention awesome? I'm so touched by those pics & your words. Love, love, love them.

Brilliant. Just brilliant.

maple wrote: »
    Darko/ninawoodlin, if I could thank your posts a million times I would.

Awesome, just awesome, love it, so unique, memorable, did I mention awesome? I'm so touched by those pics & your words. Love, love, love them.

Brilliant. Just brilliant.

times a gazillion!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Himself lugged my stupidly overpacked luggage about earlier. :o
    Not one complaint out of him...and I know he wanted to! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Bubs99

This has to be the most romantic thing a man has EVER done for me. Even though I have had songs and poems written for me, been serenaded and been given the most beautiful gifts...this beats them.

At the time, we were together a few months and I was addicted to yorkie bars (then...each chunk had the letter on it in 3D)and Walkers ready salted crisps. I travelled a few hours to stay in his parents home, they were away on holiday.

I walked in to the living room and on the table, he had all my favourite goodies laid out in fancy bowls etc but this is the best bit...

He bought several yorkie bars and had carved out from each 3D letter chunk..."I LOVE YOU *****".
    That took time and effort for definate. I just think its so different to the usual romantic stuff and it beats them all.

He's also a pianist and has written the most beautiful songs for me and even came first in a college competition playing it.

We're still together and living together...8 years on!
    So happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭starlit

No man has ever said he 'loves' me and mean it. Only one has every said it to me but didin't believe him cause I felt he was being fake.

If a guy is genuine and means that he loves me I know it. If he cares about me and shows that he is honest and loyal. Being thoughtful and being himself will win my heart. I don't need anything fancy for him to show me he loves me or I don't need him to give me presents or take me out etc to show me that. If the guy has a heart that's all I want but not a hopeless romantic. If he does things for me and is kind that would also show he loves me and takes an interest in things ya.

I'm unbelievably busy at the moment. Lots of things on. Barely sleeping. Hardly any time for a shower let alone any housework.

Yet he does all my washing and even sorts it, not just throwing it all in together.
    He makes sure I get something to eat.
    He makes a point of getting up in the morning before I leave ( I leave much earlier than him) and tell me he loves me, and since the bad weather I get a "be careful" every morning as well
    He buys me kinder hippos when I'm down because they always cheer me up
    He puts me into bed when I'm so exhausted I can barely stand
    He puts up with my moods and they can be really bad
    and most importanly he watches come dine with me and gets into it as much as I do :)

lots more things but brain not working right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

mssin80 wrote: »
    thats the cutest thing ever!

ya my other half did that for me for our 2nd valentines. the suspense nearly killed me. ended bringing me to the G for vday weekend. in room was champagne, flowers, strawberries etc blew me away. don't think he has been able to beat that since. hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

yes my OH is def not one of those for saying the 3 little words. just like to say thank god i'm not alone in the world.

sometimes i know how he feels by the way he looks at me, also the day of my final exam at college he made his damndest that he was there waiting for me when i came out as he was just back from spain from a stag the time of the volcano ash and was trying all kinds of info of transport to get home in time. most recent thing though he was extreamly supportive of me when we had 3 weddings to go to during the summer (2 being his two mates). he knew it was hard for me for the two mates as i been wanting us to get engaged for a few months now and been going out longer than his two mates been going out with their OH's. and one mate had picked the date that i wanted which didn't help.

he is one in a million and i wouldn't swap him for the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭lrushe

When the alarm goes off in the morning he presses snooze, puts his arm out and brings me over for a cuddle.

We work together so when I'm stressed out I get a hug in the lift on the way to lunch.

He never lets a day go by without tellling me he loves me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

He wakes me up on a random morning that he doesn't have work by kissing me and hugging me and then spends the next hour cuddling me and not letting me leave the bed till he gets all his snuggles :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

He married me when I was serously ill and it looked like we would only have a few months together (also children obviously looked hightly unlikely). He supported me during chemo, arranged most of our wedding as I was too ill, he then helped me every day that I was in ICU after the surgery - he would get up really early spend some time with me then go into work and do a half day and be with me again until late at night - I do not know how he managed it, especially as he has crohns himself.

On a happier note - am still here and after several miscarriages we had our son and are expecting another child. I am still exhausted by the surgery (oesophagectomy) and he is very supportive as well as being a great daddy and husband - I love him!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Chicago Chick

CathyMoran wrote: »
    He married me when I was serously ill and it looked like we would only have a few months together (also children obviously looked hightly unlikely). He supported me during chemo, arranged most of our wedding as I was too ill, he then helped me every day that I was in ICU after the surgery - he would get up really early spend some time with me then go into work and do a half day and be with me again until late at night - I do not know how he managed it, especially as he has crohns himself.

On a happier note - am still here and after several miscarriages we had our son and are expecting another child. I am still exhausted by the surgery (oesophagectomy) and he is very supportive as well as being a great daddy and husband - I love him!

This actually made me cry cause to me this is what love is all about. When you are getting a kicking from the world, to know there is someone who will have you back and be there for you no matter what.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

he eats all the food I cook for him

>_>

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I wake up and she massaging me, she gets me a yop in the shop when she goes annnnd will never complain and just keep cooking for me for.ev.er

>_>

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

He's always there when I need him.

He didn't leave my side the last few weeks while my mammy was ill and he held me while i held her hand as she was passing away.

Physically picked me up out of bed and placed me in the car brought me into town and helped me pick out funeral clothes when I thought i couldn't face it.

That man's love is the only reason I'm coping.

He sneaks up behind me, puts his hands around my waist and kisses my neck

Brings me on random adventures

Got down on his knees in the snow when i was crying and shouted to the world ... "The prettiest eyes in the world should never shed a tear, I promise to love this girl till the day i die" ... and produced a chocolate heart lollipop from his pocket XD

He got off the Dart in Blackrock when I was stuck in traffic this evening, went to Supermacs and brought it to me in the car :D

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Reesy

So many things... but for example she gave me fantastic support when my Dad died.

She's the best girl in the World.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I couldn't find my toblerone when I was in dire need of a chocolatey moment a few days ago, my boyfriend came home with a toblerone (a present from his boss) and he gave it to me. My eyes welled up when I saw it and he was laughing at me. He spent the next few minutes watching me devour some of the toberlone while snuggling me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭SarahMs

Like that again, we live apart and when I arrive home on a friday, there is alway a bottle of wine in the fridge, the fire is on, the sheets are changed and the dogs have had a shower. pure bliss.

After a recent operation, He was there when I woke up, which was really tough for him, as His Dad had a long illness in hospital..... to which my reply was 'your not my dad, who are you? what have you done with him'

Even though it's His house and He smokes, he always goes outside when I'm around.... even in the snow.

Always calls me 'Mammy' to the dogs.....'go on over there to your mammy' lets me take my Fanta up to bed with me even though He hates it.

On the days I commute He gets up with me at 5:30 am and talks while I get ready even though He's not in work till 10.

Likes to 'borrow' his nephew so He can 'learn how to like kids'

Buys tampons when they are on special offer 'which ones do you use again, the yellow, green or purple'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

This is not my story (obviously) but it's the most beautiful thing I've ever heard. Nearly made me cry reading it!

http://gimundo.com/news/article/couple-torn-apart-by-war-reunited-decades-later/

:o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement