Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHat does your OH do that lets you know they love you?

Options
  • 17-05-2010 1:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭

My OH isn't too fond of saying those "3 little words" too often but sometimes he does something and it just makes me feel all overwhelmed and soppy.

I was lying with my back to him in bed last night and woke up at about 1 am to find him just lying there stroking my hair. Just made me feel loved, so it got me to thinking about all the little seemingly insignificant things he does and it really put me in a good mood today, feeling very much like showing my appreciation so I might even buy him a little pressie on my way home from work.

So in the interest of getting everyone else on a love buzz today... what does your OH to do that makes you feel loved?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Anna Molly

Golly, cheesseball thread ahoy! :)

There's lots of things my BF does that make me go all warm and squirmy inside. He always makes me laugh!
    Even when I'm feeling really down, he's just always there and says the things that no one else in the world could possibly say to make you feel better. If anyone else said them, i'd tell them to toss off. I guess I believe what he says so it's special!

Also, if you poke him in between his eyebrows, he giggles like a girl. It's HILARIOUS! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

I'm getting a good laugh keep them coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Nuggles

I was lying with my back to him in bed last night and woke up at about 1 am to find him just lying there stroking my hair.

Is it just me who thinks that's a bit scary?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Nuggles wrote: »
    Maybe just not your cup of tea? Some girls like it. Some lads like it. It can sometimes relax both partners.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

stepbar wrote: »
    I'm getting a good laugh keep them coming!

Play nice or you'll find yourself on the fast track to a banning.

Maple.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭miss5

My ex used to do that, Thought it was sweet actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

maple wrote: »
    Play nice or you'll find yourself on the fast track to a banning.

Maple.

Talk about a reaction of disproportionate sorts.... :rolleyes:

Do you really was that needed eh?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

stepbar wrote: »
    Talk about a reaction of disproportionate sorts.... :rolleyes:

Do you really was that needed eh?

Personally I felt there was no need for your post in the first place. It might not be your type of thread so just stay out of it if it offends you so.

Please don't attempt to derail the thread any further or infractions will be handed out.

M.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭T-Square

"Scary"

judging by the number of Thanks for this post, I assume the number of social shut-ins is off the scale on the ladys forum...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Social shut ins?

I can only see this thread turning into a bitch fest now tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Although my oh and myself are only seeing each other a few weeks a month today actually :) he looks at me at certain times that make me go all funny inside :o

dunno about the love part of it though but it lets me know hes into me :D

T-Square wrote: »
    "Scary"

judging by the number of Thanks for this post, I assume the number of social shut-ins is off the scale on the ladys forum...

Leave the lovely ladies alone :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Personally if i start strokeing any part of my o/h during the night I am hopeing I am going to get a particular part stroked....

But anyway back to the thread.... My other half just has to be herself for me to love her. The reason being she is extreamly affectionate and giddy and these are traits that i would never wish to loose.

I once told me other half that if i was blind i would love her more because her sheer beauty distracts me now(and no POGTFO)

But yes op its good to feel protected warm and loved...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Rozabeez wrote: »
    Social shut ins?

I can only see this thread turning into a bitch fest now tbh.
    I agree. Any further not in the spirit of the thread or this forum type posts and the thread will be locked and bans handed out.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 mssin80

he lets me have the remote on football nite!if thats not love,i dont know what is!

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

cuddles, tickling me until I can't breathe, tucking me into bed, remembers things I like, talking to me while playing the xbox :pac: but above all, he makes me laugh so much and he loves to make me laugh :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭kiwi123

personally, i love surprises but can't stand them at the same time cos the suspense kills me and i get so excited. He knows this and uses it to his advantage!

He booked a holiday away for a week and told me a little bit each day, like what i would have to pack etc. Didn't find out where we were going til we got to the airport, so exciting!!
    He always tells me how i should eat a breakfast and i never do so sometimes when i'm leaving his house in the mornings, he puts coco pops into my bag when i'm not watching. it's awesome because i heart coco pops and only cereal i eat!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 mssin80

kiwi123 wrote: »
    personally, i love surprises but can't stand them at the same time cos the suspense kills me and i get so excited. He knows this and uses it to his advantage!

He booked a holiday away for a week and told me a little bit each day, like what i would have to pack etc. Didn't find out where we were going til we got to the airport, so exciting!!
    He always tells me how i should eat a breakfast and i never do so sometimes when i'm leaving his house in the mornings, he puts coco pops into my bag when i'm not watching. it's awesome because i heart coco pops and only cereal i eat!
    thats the cutest thing ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Anna Molly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

My OH and I live at opposite sides of the country at the moment, and the TV in my apartment in Dublin hasn't been working for the past month. Every week, without me ever asking, he's been taping all the programmes that he thought I'd like to watch (with actual video tapes, he's a bogger, no Sky Plus!), and then when I'm home at weekends I've been spending my Sunday mornings watching them back all together.

Also, he is the pickiest eater in the world (even pickier than me, and that's saying something!), but when we go to visit my farmer uncles, he makes a massive effort on the bacon and cabbage and turnip even though I know that it actually makes him feel physically ill.

He tells me that I'm the best thing since sliced bread! :D

There's lots and lots more, but I don't want to sound like a big sap. :o Suffice to say, he's a keeper!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Clementine

When I'm feeling stressed out or panicy he gives me good sensible advice without being patronising or unrealistic. Always calms me down when I feel like I have a plan!

When I get a spoon hug in the middle of the night and a kiss on the shoulder and he's still mostly asleep :)

And when he forwards me a link to funny cat pic in work to make me giggle :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Cute thread, makes me miss my boy as I haven't seen him for 6 weeks now and won't until early June :(

He does little things, I found a list of things he did that I liked when we started going out, must pull it out for a reminisce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭pollypocket10

Anna Molly wrote: »
    Golly, cheesseball thread ahoy! :)

I was feeling a bit cheesy yesterday :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭pollypocket10

I hear ya ;) It's our thing though, he does it when we watch TV or when we are just sitting around and it feels really nice and relaxing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

The little kiss he plants on my cheek before he leaves for his early shift when he thinks I'm asleep :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 karen86

I accidentally cut my finger while cooking yesterday. He bandaged it up and gave me cuddles and kisses :D

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Sarah**

Aaawww Joey the Lips.... Bless!

Don't worry i wont repeat it in TGC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Loads of stuff....

downloads shows I miss so I can watch them later, text me xxx regularly, cooks for me (superspecial meals), he bought me a book of Leonard Cohen poetry once. I didn't know he wrote poetry altough I really liked his songs, makes me hot waterbottles when I'm tired and cold (gets upset if I do it as its his job) and makes me laugh - a lot.

However he also takes my head out of the clouds when I am being unreasonable which I need also. Everyother bf before him would let me away with murder. I love the fact he doesn't.

I love the little texts I get during the day :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

My partner lives in the UK and I went over to visit him last weekend. He drove me an hour and a half to Edinburgh to get my flight home, my flight was cancelled 15 mins before the flight was due to depart. I called him to tell him the flight was cancelled and he drove all the way back to collect me :)
    He then booked a place for me on the Troon to Larne ferry as I had to get home on sunday, and knowing that I am nervous of boats, he gave me a UK mobile phone to use on the boat and talked to me for the two hour jorney to make sure that I was ok :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement