Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHat does your OH do that lets you know they love you?

Options

Comments

You know, when you started this thread, I was kind of frustrated - obviously not with you - but with my husband, cos he didn't do any of that sort of stuff but I completely forgot about it and when I saw the title today I thought it was a new thread and I'm glad to say that that feeling has long past. Obviously we weren't going through a great patch at the time!

The other day he sent me one of those santa's message from the north pole thingies, it was very sweet :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Lizard Queen

he made me breakfast in bed the other week when my parents where away and he was staying with me , hes the best

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

My fantastic husband buys me magazines and rubs my feel while I read them while sipping the mug of tea he made me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Flight was delayed 24 hours after 3 cancellations and I'm on my own and I am nervous about having to drive my car home from the airport in the snow.

Walk out of arrivals to see my boyf standing there, totally unannounced. He offers to drive my car back for me and gives me my favourite drink from his rucksack (Jones Soda). <3 him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

He surprises me with pre-christmas gifts :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭dammitjanet

Pocketfizz wrote: »
    He surprises me with pre-christmas gifts :D

Those are the best kind of gifts!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Watching tv the other night I ran upstairs to get my phone and came back to find a little chocolate sweet on my chair. We have a box open in the kitchen, he must have darted in, left it there and sat down in about 10 seconds flat! Made me smile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Schorpio

Has to be looking after me when I'm sick (making me soup!) and still making me feel attractive, and cuddling up to me when I'm a disgusting snotty mess.
    :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

He spent 90 minutes getting rid of the snow with a big shovel and put salt on the steps so that I could get out of the house...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

CathyMoran wrote: »
    He spent 90 minutes getting rid of the snow with a big shovel and put salt on the steps so that I could get out of the house...

Freedom is a great gift isnt it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

he built me a home <3

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

Always brings me to the bus when it's time for me to go home (long distance relationship!), even though it costs him money that he doesn't have.

He tells me he loves me every day and is always at the other end of the phone if I need him.

He doesn't complain when I steal food off his plate, even though I moan when he does it to me!

I have quite a collection of love letters in my bedside cabinet. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Schorpio

this about sums it up...

tumblr_l5fgqm8iKT1qb4o5so1_500.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Those are the best kind of gifts!!!

So true :D

He also never leaves the house without a hug and a kiss it's a big thing if I walk out of the house he'll actually run after me to get some. I think it's cute :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

Put up with me living abroad for 10 months, and was available for Skype every night like a trooper! And always made sure I had enough credit so I could call him any time I wanted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dublingal80

we are only together a month, but he knows apple cake is my fav dessert and one weekend he made me apple cake, drove over to my house with it and picked up ice cream on the way to go with it too :) best boyfriend EVER! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SheRa

I mentioned that I loved conkers so he found hundreds for me (I literally mean hundreds:D).

He's not a big late late toy show fan (Im a huge one:o), but sat in with me to watch it in a santy jumper that he "made" for the occasion. You know one of those happy funny moments where it hits you how much you love someone and how much they love you? Well I thought of it like that once i stopped breaking my heart laughing at the deadly jumper!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

He married me - then said it was the best day of his life despite me being really sick and him spending the whole day looking after me, not able to have a drink and bringing me to bed at 11pm.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭smares

i have been sick for the last three months and he drives over to me everyday straight after work which is a 12 hour shift, only to spend a couple of hours with me,even in the snow he came over in the worst conditions parked as close to my house he could get and walked the rest.
    He will watch any programme with me or film no matter how girly! And I wake up to a lovely text from him every morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Loopsie

I catch him daily looking at me in a certain way. He tells me everyday how beautiful he thinks i am. Every time he hugs me he smells me which i love (its a little weird i know!!) I was a hungover wreck on sunday and even though he had been out working all saturday night while i partied with my girlfriends he collected me at 4am, he still brought me brekkie in bed on sunday morning and when i came down stairs he had a big fire lit and blankets on the couch for me and told me we were having pizza for dins his treat :) I could go on and on and on and on.........
    Its all the little things, i sometimes want to pinch myself cos i really feel i am the luckiest girl in the world :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Loopsie wrote: »
    I catch him daily looking at me in a certain way. He tells me everyday how beautiful he thinks i am. Every time he hugs me he smells me which i love (its a little weird i know!!) I was a hungover wreck on sunday and even though he had been out working all saturday night while i partied with my girlfriends he collected me at 4am, he still brought me brekkie in bed on sunday morning and when i came down stairs he had a big fire lit and blankets on the couch for me and told me we were having pizza for dins his treat :) I could go on and on and on and on.........
    Its all the little things, i sometimes want to pinch myself cos i really feel i am the luckiest girl in the world :)

Hi Looopie,

Just wanted to tell you that you are the luckiest girl in the word and so are the rest of us who have amazing husbands/boyfriends who treat us the way we deserve to be treated and make us feel so wanted, special and loved.

I hope we make them feel as sepcial as they do us.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Loopsie

Hi Looopie,

Just wanted to tell you that you are the luckiest girl in the word and so are the rest of us who have amazing husbands/boyfriends who treat us the way we deserve to be treated and make us feel so wanted, special and loved.

I hope we make them feel as sepcial as they do us.

Thanks carolinespring :) I do know it! He is getting absolutely spoilt for xmas and i cant wait!!
    He is the most gorgeous looking man ive ever laid eyes on to top it off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

My guy is away for a few days so I'm home alone.....
    Last night when I got into bed and picked up my book a little note fell out - he had written it before he left and hidden it in there so I'd find it when I got into bed. Cheered me right up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Guy here, interesting reading. I'd love to know what the little things I do as a bf are. I know whenever I am in a shop I buy her chocolate. She was having a tough week once due to family problems so I bought her day at a Spa.

I think though maybe I make too many grand gestures and not enough of the little ones.

Like taking her away on holidays, buying her expensive jewellery, driving her around to the airport and back and the like...

Must take some of these ideas...I like the holiday idea where ya don't tell them all at once. Got to try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

This is a lovely thread.

Having a bit of a crisis of confidence in myself and my 7 year relationship at the moment - I know beyond anything that I want to stay with him, but unemployment and a recent row have started panic attacks that are making me doubt myself.

BUT - I love the way he tells me he loves me, and how he looks at me in a certain way....I can just see the love in his eyes.

I love the way he puts up with our 2 nutty cats, because I love cats!

I love the way, when he's watching TV and I sit down, he gives me the remote to let me choose what to watch!!

I love the feeling I get when he walks in the door in the evening....or when he comes back to the bed in the morning to hug me goodbye!!

I love the way he sits and listen to me rambling through all my nutty feelings, and worries so much about how I am - and makes me laugh, even when I'm at my lowest point.

I love the way, when we go on holiday, he's made it a little tradition to buy me a small piece of jewellery from a local jeweler wherever we are.

In the words of Boyzone (?!!) " I love the way he loves me"!!!

Wow, that's made me feel much better! Thanks guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

my boyfriend was out last night and got the bus home to me, he came to my door armed with chinese for me and food for himself....(it was to make up about food he forgot to get for me a few weeks ago which I had forgotten about!) :D

I wasn't expecting him to do anything, he was full of affection the minute he go in the door too! :)

My gf does a lot to show me how much she cares, says that magic world, takes care of me when needs be and also tells me to fuck off when I need to be told. My favourite thing she does though is when she draws comics and pictures depicting our life together.

Game_Time__by_sazaar.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

^
    That's the sweetest thing ever.

These are two of the comics depicitng me and my girlfreind's life together.

Craig_Shirt_by_sazaar.jpgKitty_Craig_and_Milo_by_sazaar.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Dalak

My OH and I only see each other at the weekends at the moment, I'm away all week. But when I walk in the door on a Fri I get huge hugs and kisses, my dinner is always on, and the house spotless so I can just sit down in front of the fire with him for the night and relax. I wake up every Sat and Sun to my first mug of coffee, the paper and a kiss, before a breakfast tray complete with a flower from the garden appears !

But the sweetest thing ever ? It was my time of the month one Sat night and I was in bits. I really wanted a bath but the emersion wasn't working so I was huddled up clutching a hot water bottle when I heard him traipsing up and down the stairs. He filled up the bath from numerous kettle refills and pots of water on the stove !!
    The most wonderful, thoughtful man ever !:):)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement