Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHat does your OH do that lets you know they love you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Nice texts and funny jokes that only we get are the main ones.

We met while working together and for ages afterwards if she was having a hard day or just one of those customers are morons times I'd wait until she was away from her desk and leave her a cup of tea and a milky way bar for her to come back to, or just post it notes (folded so nobody could see them, secret office romances are fun :) ) telling her I was thinking about her or that she looked pretty, major brownie points for that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

he cuddles me when I'm sad. He rubs my tummy when i've got my gift. he always tells me i'm the most beautiful woman in the world.(lol)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

J wouldn't be the best at professing his love very often but I know he loves me due to his many good natured actions.
    Every night he has to have his feet against me regardless.
    He's great at giving cuddles/kisses when he's half asleep but I think the cream on top happened last week was when he said...
    "You know what Millie, there should be a lot more of you in the country, it sure would make the world a better place". :D

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭lilliec

My OH comes to the films i want to watch in cinema (SATC, atonement, PS I love you-he's whipped! :p) i cuddle into him while watching them but he always seems to know when i get teary during them...he rubs my tears away...i ask him how he knows i've been teary and he says 'i just know'. this is all done without making it obvious to the other cinema

He also puts on funny voices when i'm feeling down to make me laugh:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jenniferk905

ellieh1 wrote: »
    My partner lives in the UK and I went over to visit him last weekend. He drove me an hour and a half to Edinburgh to get my flight home, my flight was cancelled 15 mins before the flight was due to depart. I called him to tell him the flight was cancelled and he drove all the way back to collect me :)
    He then booked a place for me on the Troon to Larne ferry as I had to get home on sunday, and knowing that I am nervous of boats, he gave me a UK mobile phone to use on the boat and talked to me for the two hour jorney to make sure that I was ok :)

wow ^ best iv read!!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

When we'd been together for a month, he brought a white rose into college for me. Completely unexpected, since I didn't have him down as the romantic type

Every monthiversary for the first year, he would bring me a bunch of lilies (he found out that they're my favourite flowers) Now he does it for every year and half-year anniversary, sometimes with tulips as well

The first Valentine's day we were together, even though he knows I'm not a big fan of the Hallmark holiday, he made a collage of the nicest pictures of us both and made a frame for them

When I was super stressed in our final year in college, he was fantastic. He persuaded me to keep going when all I wanted to do was curl up in a ball and sleep and pretend everything away. He knew when to listen sympathetically, and when to to tell me to snap out of it and get on with it. When I stayed up all night finishing my dissertation, he arrived in the morning with breakfast for me

At the moment we're in a LDR, because he's working in Africa. His contract got renewed for another three months, and he's arranging for me to come out to visit him in June (we haven't seen each other since early January)

Often it's the little things that mean the most though. He often knows if something has upset me, even if I'm putting on a brave face, and he'll squeeze my hand so I know he knows and that we can talk about it later when it's just us. He can make me feel like the most beautiful woman in the world, even if I'm having a yuck day.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

wow ^ best iv read!!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 48 squalshy

He comes clothes shopping with me and makes sure I don't buy stuff that looks awful on (I have really bad fashion sense) And he absolutley hates shopping but he does it for me cause he's the best :o

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Contessa Raven

We're house sharing in London atm and it was my birthday a couple of weeks ago. I wasn't expecting anything as we were finishing up college and everything was mental! Everyone was asleep and I was in the middle of dyeing my hair at like 1AM when I heard him call my name.

I wandered downstairs into the kitchen and he was standing there with a big double chocolate cake complete with candles. He filmed the whole thing while singing Happy Birthday to me. :o

He always makes birthday and anniversary cards for me. He rubs my tummy when I have bad period pain. He stays up all night with me if I have a really important deadline and I need help with it. He also plays with my hair when I'm falling asleep because he knows I love it! :D He makes me laugh so much and he always manages to make me smile no matter how sh*t I feel. He also keeps me grounded as I am quite hot-headed and hyper :p.

He knows how to tame me! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭i.need.a.job

nothing. my other half does nothing.

you are lucky people ha....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Walls

He takes better care of me than I do myself. He drives me everywhere, buys me flowers, understands my moods, laughs at my jokes, he's a total gent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Now Your Talking

Long story so wont go into it, LDR her in Ireland and me in Canada so I would ring her when I could or she felt down or need a chat. When my dad passed away and as a little "thank you" for being there for me I made a DVD of all the songs that remided me of her and a CD and sent them to her when I flew back to canada with jelly tots in the package as we would say "miss you lots like jelly tots".
    I remember being out with work mates in canada and got back about 12 canadian time (5am Irish time) and got a message on my FB saying she lost friends was drunk and crying, I rang her and stayed with her till she got a cab and stayed chatting till she was home.
    Then her Ex came back into her life im still heartbroken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ViennaShamrock

ellieh1 wrote: »
    My partner lives in the UK and I went over to visit him last weekend. He drove me an hour and a half to Edinburgh to get my flight home, my flight was cancelled 15 mins before the flight was due to depart. I called him to tell him the flight was cancelled and he drove all the way back to collect me :)
    He then booked a place for me on the Troon to Larne ferry as I had to get home on sunday, and knowing that I am nervous of boats, he gave me a UK mobile phone to use on the boat and talked to me for the two hour jorney to make sure that I was ok :)

how sweet is that :)

my boyfriend and I have 2 children ( 2 years and 5 months) and only last week, one night,there was a thunderstorm, during which my son usually wakes up a dozen times. My BF knew that there would be a really important day for me at work, the next day and I was really nervous about it, so he actually spent the whole night in their room, so I would get enough sleep:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 sopick

Personally if i start strokeing any part of my o/h during the night I am hopeing I am going to get a particular part stroked....

But anyway back to the thread.... My other half just has to be herself for me to love her. The reason being she is extreamly affectionate and giddy and these are traits that i would never wish to loose.

I once told me other half that if i was blind i would love her more because her sheer beauty distracts me now(and no POGTFO)

But yes op its good to feel protected warm and loved...
    lol ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ah oh my god

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

i dunno one girl i was seeing was having a crappy day so i made a silly paint picture on my computer and then emailed it to her :D....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭ilovetosing

Last week my gf was feeling sh!t for various reasons(sick, bad interview) very moody and i supported her as best I could. It was a tough week and she is not one to overly express her feelings but when I met her after work friday she made a Best BF Award in "recognition of the sh!t I have to put up with" from time to time. We went on to have one of the best weekends we have spent together. That was something lovely that made me feel good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

He gives me little gental kisses 3/4 times during the night. It might wake me up but i wouldnt change it for the world :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭sorrywhat

Makes me dinner most evenings. Id probably starve if it wasnt for him! Random kisses.
    When he goes to the shop for stuff he generally brings me back something nice. When Im in a mood or sad he wont bother me but if I want hime he will sit with me and just hug me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ViennaShamrock

We're house sharing in London atm and it was my birthday a couple of weeks ago. I wasn't expecting anything as we were finishing up college and everything was mental! Everyone was asleep and I was in the middle of dyeing my hair at like 1AM when I heard him call my name.

I wandered downstairs into the kitchen and he was standing there with a big double chocolate cake complete with candles. He filmed the whole thing while singing Happy Birthday to me. :o

He always makes birthday and anniversary cards for me. He rubs my tummy when I have bad period pain. He stays up all night with me if I have a really important deadline and I need help with it. He also plays with my hair when I'm falling asleep because he knows I love it! :D He makes me laugh so much and he always manages to make me smile no matter how sh*t I feel. He also keeps me grounded as I am quite hot-headed and hyper :p.

He knows how to tame me! ;)

that's so unbelievably sweet:D, it's good to have someone, who knows how to tame oneself isn't it?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Contessa Raven

that's so unbelievably sweet:D, it's good to have someone, who knows how to tame oneself isn't it?;)

It is! He's my Squishy! :p

He just came home on his break with some chips for me! :)

Nom, nom, nom, nom, nom.....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

BackScrub, since you are new to boards (I assume) it would be a good idea to read the charters of the forums you are posting in to get an idea of the rules and what is and isn't allowed.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BackScrub

Silverfish wrote: »
    BackScrub, since you are new to boards (I assume) it would be a good idea to read the charters of the forums you are posting in to get an idea of the rules and what is and isn't allowed.

Thanks.

Ah sorry, I will admit I just skimmed through the 'no humour' clause.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

BackScrub wrote: »
    Ah sorry, I will admit I just skimmed through the 'no humour' clause.

No, I think you missed the 'sleazy comments' part.

Perhaps you might prefer After Hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭neoB

Says I love you constantly, but when he sees I've had a bad day, even if he has too, he will take the children out so I can get a nap on. That is the best thing he could ever do. Like last night I was fed up with the lot of them, and he went in their room, and slept in their room with them. or comes home for break looking for some fun. The nutter. *sigh*Great man.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

ooh so much i dunno where to start!
    quiet often surprisses me and picks me up from work but doesnt tell me till last min - i get tx at 5pm when im leaving & its him telling me he is outside!
    Always makes my dinner - every eve
    if ive had bad day or am grumpy, the bath is ready when i come home, filled with bubbles and all candels lighting ect
    always knows how to make me laugh - can always cheer me up no matter what - just makes up silly songs and sings them to me
    they way he cuddels me on the couch in the eve when we watching tv or holds my hand
    if im goin to bed before him - he always comes up and tucks me in and makes sure im comfy before he goes back downstairs - and always kisses me when he comes back up to bed, even tho im half asleep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭LittleBook

So many things (and he's not shy at all about saying the three little words, more expressive than me I'd say).

BUT one recent good one was he invited my family for dinner, spent the whole day cleaning the house and when he cleaned the bathroom ... he put stuff back where I want it, not where he thinks it looks tidier :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭miss5

My boyfriend has been taking excellent care of me and slept on a chair
    in hospital while I was there. It was so thoughtful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Argue on and off with the OH alot. Mad about her, but sometimes we argue and it's small, or can be serious and there has been one major bust up over the last 2 years, but all is *ok* at the moment considering stuff going on in both our lives outside the relationship.

Annnnyway, had a bit of a tiff yesterday, and eventually got back on good terms. I made her this to let her know I am aware I need to make more of an effort to take her opinion into consideration, and not get too defensive!

She seemed to like it!

Just thought I would share :)

comicc.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

my OH has never been scabby with those three words. he's always saying it :) he strokes my hair, he leaves out my coffee stuff all ready to make it as i like :) he is always hugging and cuddling me... and he puts his hand on my leg when i'm driving :) (and not in a perverted way before you think that! lol)
    he buys me flowers when i'm feeling sh!t :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭pollypocket10

Had forgotten about this thread...

I came home yesterday to a lovely big bowl of stew and a roaring fire, my OH really is the best. Woke up to a text message this morn (OH had a much earlier start) telling me I was not to leave the house today because it's too cold and icy- so on his orders I am working from home :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement