Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32 County Photo - Take II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

I'll send a PM to those on the list...

County
    |
    Boardsie
    |
    Backup

Antrim|dreamer_ire|Carraig Fhearghais

Armagh|Benster|dreamer_ire

Cavan|YourName(?)|kgpixels

Clare|dryadssaddle(?)|Wylie Luke

Kilkenny|Cat Melodeon(?)

Limerick|shawnee|rua327 or eljono

Monaghan|kgpixels(?)|GAAman

Offaly|Cat Melodeon(?)|lizt|

Waterford|YeGods(?)|Diabhal_Glas or nkay1985

Westmeath|humberklog(?)|Cpt Beefheart

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭the_tractor

hubba wrote: »
    Ps: it says on the camera: 'Process before 2011-10' but I'm sure it will be fine. :o

That seems like ages away when this project started!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

Hiya, I can still do any of Kilkenny, Offaly and Clare, although I've since moved house, changed jobs and had a baby (this IS a drawn out process!) so of the 3, Kilkenny is the least convenient now. I'll pm my details and get Offaly done at least, should I do any others while I'm at it or wait and see if anyone else is available?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,076 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

17 down, 47 weeks, ~3 weeks per person

15 left x 3 weeks = 45 weeks or 10 months

estimated completion date: Feb/March 2012

I think I need to revise the estimate

5 in the last 48 weeks ~9.6 weeks per person

10 left x 9.6 weeks = 1 year 10 months

estimated completion date: Feb 2014

Hiya, I can still do any of Kilkenny, Offaly and Clare, although I've since moved house, changed jobs and had a baby (this IS a drawn out process!) so of the 3, Kilkenny is the least convenient now. I'll pm my details and get Offaly done at least, should I do any others while I'm at it or wait and see if anyone else is available?

Just do Offaly thanks, 1 country per photographer ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭hubba

Hi all,

I'm sending it to Cat Melodean for Kilkenny tomorrow.

PS: there should be danger money for this. I got collared by the farmer whose land I was on, taking the shot. He arrived on his Massey Ferguson just as I was getting the camera out of the litte lunchbox it's lovingly packed in. I had to explain myself then listen to him give his life story and promise to send him the shot (even though I explained it wasn't digital).

hubba wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm sending it to Cat Melodean for Kilkenny tomorrow.
    I'm down for both Offaly and Kilkenny on the list, so I'm just going to do Offaly as KK is no longer close.

Anyone else for Kilkenny?

Also, whoever is after me, post a message on the thread and pm me!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

did you get any reply???

No, no reply yet. Do you want it after me? I haven't got it yet, but Hubba was posting it to me on Monday, so if I get it by the weekend I'll be ready to send it on next Tues (Monday is a Bank Holiday).

I've done kerry

I could do clare or limerick

i know that the idea is to get one person per county but this is slowly fading

its like the people who originally signed up to do it no longer live in the counties they signed up for also they are no longer into photography.

• Advertisement

sheesh wrote: »
    I've done kerry

I could do clare or limerick

No lets keep it 1 per photographer. We're getting there... ;)

Anyone new want to sign up that can cover one of these counties?
    • Antrim
    • Armagh
    • Cavan
    • Clare
    • Kilkenny
    • Limerick
    • Monaghan
    • Waterford
    • Westmeath

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

J o e wrote: »

Anyone new want to sign up that can cover one of these counties?
    • Antrim
    • Armagh
    • Cavan
    • Clare
    • Kilkenny
    • Limerick
    • Monaghan
    • Waterford
    • Westmeath

I'm still following and my name is on the list for Waterford so if whoever else is down isn't up for it, I can do it. I'm no photographer by the way, just thought it was an interesting idea.

PM you details to Cat Melodeon so and you can have it next! ;)

J o e wrote: »

I pmed the people for limerick and Clare and one of them said they would do it hopefull they will reply to the thread.

I got the camera in the post this morning - thanks Hubba. I'll get mine (Offaly) done over the weekend. Who's next? PM me!

Okay, Shawnee is next, for Limerick. I'll post again when I've sent the camera on.

I've taken my photo and have posted it on to Shawnee for Limerick.

My photo was absolute crap by the way. I sort of panicked and took a completely different shot to the one I had planned. If there are any spare shots at the end, I have first dibs if there is any chance of a retake (goes against the spirit of the thing, I know!). It's a high pressure game, this photo project!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

So excited :D

I've taken my photo and have posted it on to Shawnee for Limerick.

My photo was absolute crap by the way. I sort of panicked and took a completely different shot to the one I had planned. If there are any spare shots at the end, I have first dibs if there is any chance of a retake (goes against the spirit of the thing, I know!). It's a high pressure game, this photo project!

lol something similar happened to meit might turn out ok but I have my doubts.

there is some sort of odd pressure at the point that you take it

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭ems_12

Delighted that the camera is still in action.....I moved to Scotland over a year ago so really looking forward to seeing some of the shots now! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Glad to see this is still going, I pm'd kgpixels to check if they were still up for doing monaghan. If they cannot I can still do the backup if nobody else comes along

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kgpixels

Yes, I can do Monaghan and if remember from before I was down to do Cavan if nobody is doing it?
    I would need to get the cam next wk, to be able to it. So whoever has it PM me and I'll send on an address. . .cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

kgpixels wrote: »
    Yes, I can do Monaghan and if remember from before I was down to do Cavan if nobody is doing it?
    I would need to get the cam next wk, to be able to it. So whoever has it PM me and I'll send on an address. . .cheers

No yourname is down for Cavan, although they aint been on for a while I think its 1 county per poster to keep the project consistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

Yeah , I have received the camera for Limerick . Anyone know how many photos I take and where I forward the camera afterwards ?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭rameire

one photo
    dont wind the camera after taking the pic.
    as for the next person, who knows.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

Have taken the photo , pm me or let me know who to send this camera to :D

Whos next for the camera , who do I post to ?

Kgpixels & GAAman, why don't ye sort out Cavan & Monaghan between ye? Whoever is next, pm Shawnee with your contact details and keep the thing moving. It should be first come first served at this stage.

Shawnee will you post again when someone makes contact?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

County
    |
    Boardsie
    |
    Backup

Antrim|dreamer_ire|Carraig Fhearghais

Armagh|Benster|dreamer_ire

Cavan|YourName(?)|kgpixels

Clare|dryadssaddle(?)|Wylie Luke

Kilkenny|Cat Melodeon(?)

Limerick|shawnee|rua327 or eljono

Monaghan|kgpixels(?)|GAAman

Offaly|Cat Melodeon(?)|lizt|

Waterford|YeGods(?)|Diabhal_Glas or nkay1985

Westmeath|humberklog(?)|Cpt Beefheart

shawnee wrote: »
    Whos next for the camera , who do I post to ?

Have a look at the table above shawnee and pm someone to ask if they are ready for the camera would probably be the best bet
    Kgpixels & GAAman, why don't ye sort out Cavan & Monaghan between ye? Whoever is next, pm Shawnee with your contact details and keep the thing moving. It should be first come first served at this stage.

Shawnee will you post again when someone makes contact?

I am happy enough to let kg take the pic I was just a backup and was pushing to keep this going, plus I took the tyrone pic already.

I think a change to the rest of the way this works should be for that table to be used and the person who takes the pic pm's a person still on the list. For example as I said above shawnee should pm someone on the table now to arrange it as I would not be surprised if most people do not look at this thread might even have forgotten they put their names down.

EDIT: Just as a thought looking at the list it might make more sense and put a bit of structure to it if we bunch the counties together for example bunch the northern counties of antrim, armagh, cavan, monaghan together it would make that part of it quicker etc.

Shawnee perhaps pm drysaddle as clare is right by you which would get another step taken that much quicker.

• Advertisement

Everyone on the list was PM'd recently and directed over here. (maybe not back-ups though)

If they didn't post to say they're ready for it then I think if someone else offers then let them take it. I'd be a bit weary of v new users with v low post counts though.

Advertisement