Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32 County Photo - Take II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I've got hubbas address, just actually need to get a chance to post it now, hopefully this weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

I've got hubbas address, just actually need to get a chance to post it now, hopefully this weekend :)

without being smart or cruel or anything else that may be inferred... but... you've had the camera since the 10th of november, we all have busy lives, will it seriously take you another 3-4 days to get it to the post office and keep it moving so we can wrap this thing up?

that's a whole month to take a photo - at this rate it looks like it'll have taken what - 2 years to do 32 counties?!

artyeva wrote: »
    without being smart or cruel or anything else that may be inferred... but... you've had the camera since the 10th of november, we all have busy lives, will it seriously take you another 3-4 days to get it to the post office and keep it moving so we can wrap this thing up?

that's a whole month to take a photo - at this rate it looks like it'll have taken what - 2 years to do 32 counties?!

Exactly, we all have lives. Been doing 14 hour days for last six weeks :/ will get it done this friday, jeez get off my back :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

To be honest I've gave up on this a long time ago, with so many people taking so long, I'd be very doubtfull that when it gets finished (if it does at all) the photos taken back when it started will be ruined thus kinda making it pointless :(

It's a shame because there was a lot of work went into this from a few people.

To be honest I've gave up on this a long time ago, with so many people taking so long, I'd be very doubtfull that when it gets finished (if it does at all) the photos taken back when it started will be ruined thus kinda making it pointless :(

It's a shame because there was a lot of work went into this from a few people.

i think if you know in advance it's gonna take more than a few days then maybe let someone else that might be quicker take it first... or something. i lost interest around this time last year, just hoping something can be slavaged from it.

and yeah DaveNoCheese, my opinion... i don't want to start a war.. but the rest of us do have busy lives too, i personally think taking a month to snap a photo and put it in the envelope to the next person on the list is a bit much. hopefully the pace will pick up and we can get it finished.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Diabhal_Glas

Im amazed this is still going, I took my name off of the list this time last year to pack the bags and work elsewhere.
    Im also amazed it hasn't been lost in the post/ destroyed by someone's dog since its been going on so long.
    The photos from the start should be grand, my aunt found an old roll of film in the back of a press form the 70's and got it developed lately and pics came out ok with the colours muted.
    If the remainder of the people agree to take the pic and send it on in a week or so this thing will be wrapped up soon enough, if its going to take you a month with whatever else is going on in your life let someone else do it....easy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Exactly, we all have lives. Been doing 14 hour days for last six weeks :/ will get it done this friday, jeez get off my back :p

Hey Dave - has this been passed on since?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

Where is this now?
    How can it take more than a week to take a photo and post a letter?
    Why do people volunteer if they have no time or interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭dakar

Just realised this is is almost the 32-page thread...:rolleyes:

:D

• Advertisement

Greatest apologies folks, camera is now on its way to hubba.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭the_tractor

Here are the remaining counties:
    County
    |
    Boardsie
    |
    Backup

Antrim|dreamer_ire|Carraig Fhearghais

Armagh|Benster|dreamer_ire

Cavan|YourName(?)|kgpixels

Clare|dryadssaddle(?)|Wylie Luke

Kilkenny|Morrisseeee|Cat Melodeon(?)

Limerick|shawnee|rua327 or eljono
    *Longford*|hubba |Scamp-
    Monaghan|kgpixels(?)|GAAman
    Offaly|Cat Melodeon(?)|lizt|
    Waterford|YeGods(?)|Diabhal_Glas or nkay1985

Westmeath|humberklog(?)|Cpt Beefheart

Who wants it next? PM user hubba (Longford).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Who knew Ireland was so big.

This second attempt is on the go since May 2010, and there's still almost a third of the country left to go!

if everyone that's left on the list takes 3 months to take a photo and send on the camera we might be able to stretch it out to 2015?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Adrian.Sadlier

artyeva wrote: »
    if everyone that's left on the list takes 3 months to take a photo and send on the camera we might be able to stretch it out to 2015?

Why not strectch it out til 2016 and finish with a shot outside the GPO during Easter!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Why not strectch it out til 2016 and finish with a shot outside the GPO during Easter!

Because Dublin is already done :P

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭hubba

Hi folks, I just received the camera a couple of days ago. I will be in Longford in the next 2 weeks, will take the shot and send it on pronto. Could whoever wants it (and is READY for it) next, please PM me with name and address.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Winnieacre

A bit of a push from those left on the list and we could get this finished!
    With any luck we should have some good shots....maybe even a few great ones............so come on let's get this done!

Winnie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Cat Melodeon took ownership of Kilkenny from me, as I had already done Wexford.

PS. What happens if the roll is developed & it comes out blank, will this project be the longest running 'fail' ever ??!! no, wait................I forgot about the Government :pac:

PS. What happens if the roll is developed & it comes out blank, will this project be the longest running 'fail' ever ??

Don't go putting the scud on it now! ;-)

County
    |
    Boardsie
    |
    Backup

Kilkenny|Cat Melodeon(?)

Longford|hubba |Scamp-

• Advertisement

Don't go putting the scud on it now! ;-)

County
    |
    Boardsie
    |
    Backup

Kilkenny|Cat Melodeon(?)

Longford|hubba |Scamp-

hubba - did you get a tog to send the camera too next?

No, I haven't heard from anyone yet. I will most likely be taking my Longford pic next Sat or Sunday and can post it on to next person on Monday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭stuar

The name of this challenge should have been:

"Would a 95 year old, wheelchair bound lady, push herself around Ireland and snap every county quicker than a bunch of photography enthusiast's using modern postal services and computers?"

I know where I'm putting my money should 32 COUNTY-TAKE III ever arise!
    She's back a few months now.
    pd1235711.jpg

09-05-2010
    20-02-2012, only 652 days gone and only 11 more counties to go

• Registered Users Posts: 33,239 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I can do backup for Donegal if needed.

Or even Derry for that matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

stuar wrote: »
    The name of this challenge should have been:

"Would a 95 year old, wheelchair bound lady, push herself around Ireland and snap every county quicker than a bunch of photography enthusiast's using modern postal services and computers?"

i had the camera 3 days
    that is all i have to say

also my gentelman bits are very photogenic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

NIMAN wrote: »

At this stage, I don't think it's 'backup'

If you can do it.. DO IT!!!! Please :)

NIMAN wrote: »

Both done - check the table on this page for remaining countys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Has Kgpixels confirmed whether they can do Monaghan yet? If not I am still available to do it and can go next if need be.

Lets get this feckin thing done! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

hubba wrote: »
    No, I haven't heard from anyone yet. I will most likely be taking my Longford pic next Sat or Sunday and can post it on to next person on Monday.

hubba you got your photo taken? Passed it on yet?

• Advertisement

Longford done. Who's ready to take it next? I can post it on Monday.

Ps: it says on the camera: 'Process before 2011-10' but I'm sure it will be fine. :o

Advertisement